Old 08-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Pretty sure Steve Dodge himself has said something along the lines of microwaving Vibram discs to regain stability or change shape etc in the official Vibram thread.

The easiest way to get different flying vibrams is to go with light vs heavy discs and firm (beat in) vs fresh soft/medium. Firms will break in much more like a traditional plastic disc and similar to a higher end baseline plastic vs premium champion style.
We also noticed this as well. he has a couple firm he has had for 2 months and they are flippy after a few tree wacks and he has a couple mediums for over 6 months that are still the same.

I would still prefer to have vibram make some new molds. Maybe redesign the unlace a little bit. keep what they have for rollers.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2014, 12:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 130
Niced 1,069 Times in 529 Posts

I carry an Ibex as my understable mid. It turns. Holds annys. 177g medium.
I carry a Trak as my understable fairway. It turns too. Holds wonderful annys. 175 g firm.
I think the Trak is Vibram's best disc.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 6
Niced 43 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmorgan1214 View Post
ah well this is going to be fun. i decided to switch all my discs around and play with a new set. i decided originally to go to discraft and i did. i actually played real well with them. I was just missing a little bit of certain shots. i also have a small issue that i sweat a lot with my palms and lose grip of plastic which is why i went to vibram. vibram is grippy even with a small amount of sweat or persparation on your hand.

currently in my bag is

ridge
obex
trek
olace
lace
unlace
solace

i will be getting an ibex, ascent, sole and summit. I like the way vibram is flying and has many options.

the 2 slots that i posted are the only missing links that will not take me 3-4 months of beating in a disc to get it to do what i want. i am looking for used ones that might already have that characteristic but finding a used vibram is hard.
Right on brother. I was just curious. I hope you find the discs you are looking for. I have not yet thrown vibram. I have held them and can see where the added grip would be beneficial for you. Maybe I may have to try one of vibrans molds.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 41
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedg1976 View Post
Right on brother. I was just curious. I hope you find the discs you are looking for. I have not yet thrown vibram. I have held them and can see where the added grip would be beneficial for you. Maybe I may have to try one of vibrans molds.
I have thrown the lace, olace, solace, trek, ridge, summit, sole and i love all of them.
The lace is like a beat in destroyer, o lace is a fresh destroyer, solace is like a pop top destroyer. they all glide well.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I don't think there's anything out there for an understable mid-range. I'd try a 150-class Ibex. I had a 150-class Obex, which was really, really flippy, like a beat-in Roc. Covered a lot of those understable mid-range lines.

I also use the unLace for understable lines on shorter holes. I expect it to turn right/flip-up, and then it'll fade back a little bit at the end. Works pretty well for me...
Old 08-19-2014, 02:40 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 28
Courses Played: 58
Niced 8 Times in 6 Posts

I agree that they could use an understable Midrange and Fairway. I would try the Midrange for sure as it's a spot not locked down in my bag.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Understable mid-ranges I've heard good things about:

MVP Tangent
Latitude 64 Fuse

I'd compare my 150-class Obex to Tangent stability... very flippy.

Old 08-19-2014, 11:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 20
Niced 16 Times in 12 Posts

I bought a Trak in firm and couldn't turn it over. Thing was beast. If you are looking to find Vibram models with more turn, I'd say be sure to try them in medium. I've tried three molds in firm and medium with the same experience in two - Trak and Lace. My Soles don't seem to be that different between medium and firm, but the mediums are pretty stiff with those.