Old 08-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Disc of Cheese's discs

I've spent this season discing down, throwing waaay more than playing(field and putt), and minimalizing molds. Looking for some input.

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG Just over 1 year
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Rhyno: 150/175^(last time I took these to the field I was doing175/200)'; Mako: 150/200(a little inconstant, I can hyzer flip this guy; but can't yet consistently control whether it turns or fades after the flip);C-line FD: 250/275'

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: NA
Other sport proficiencies?: High school ball golf
Additional Information:My mid slot is preliminary. I'm not married to the mako but I like that it can handle a lot of lines(it is star). I've thrown a core around during field practice, but lose consistency when fatigued; thinking of trying buzzes, but there are quite a few to choose from and I haven't researched.I found a pearly pro line spider at pias, been considering trying it out, it's description sounds appealing, but I'm strongly considering selling it to fund my search to fill my mid slot. Also looking to bag a g-line fd at some point for hyzer flip drives, can get this shot with a beat leopard during field work... but the mold minimalism .

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?:
it's still growing.
I love that I can use different FDs for most any shot. My (3rd run) C-line throws with very little turn and fade, very straight. My 2nd run C-line (experimental run) is more stable, and the D-lines have a more exaggerated S-curve than the 3rd run C-line. Want a G-line for hyzer flip and annyhyzers.
Specific areas of desired feedback: would appreciate mixed input and critique. Specifically, I'm hoping to eventually find a mid mold as versatile as the FD that I can cover every shot by expanding my plastic/run/weight selection.
Immediate and long-term goals: Consistency in both the immediate and future. My game is finesse based, and while I've been gaining distance, it is not a priority. In my training I focus more on control and technique.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
171 C-line FD (3rd run, true to flight numbers) -workhorse/main
170ish?, C-line FD (2nd run) - overstable
2 - 175 D-line FDs, (both newer, beating one) - line shaping around obstacles

Mids:
175 GL Core - can get good straight shots if focussed
Star Mako - hyzer flips, annys.
? heavier PFN flat champ rhyno (throw this as a mid sometimes as I'm comfortable with the mold)

Putters:
169 Factory store Pro Rhyno - main push/shovel putter
? heavier PFN flat champ rhyno - little more stable
169 DX Rhyno (beat)- spin putter
Old 08-03-2015, 11:46 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

idk, my gut feeling is that I should bag an under stable mid to compensate for the presence of the OS workhorse that is a 2nd Run C-FD.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:32 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Update:
I've played 9 holes after work the past two days in a row and now have a much better feel for what lines I can shape with which discs I'm bagging. I've begun throwing my 2nd run, overstable, FD enough that I am starting to get a feel for where it picks up and where the 3rd run FD (stable) leaves off. I ordered a G-line off of the E-bay for 11$ and I'm practically drooling at the thought of replacing the DX leopard that I've been using for that slot (it is 150g, had picked it up to match my GF's other leopard, then my friend lost my pro leopard).

Been researching mids, still on the fence.
Traded some donated plastic to PIAS today for a 9/10 Z-buzz ss, should pair well with my GL core for field work. I like the core until I start to get fatigued but am not confident enough to bag it, the buzz should be a little more forgiving. I really prefer the feel of a buzz over a roc, not that I dislike the roc; buzzz just feels more natural to grip. Never thrown a roc.

Dat mako doe, thing powers down like amazing.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
171 C-line FD (3rd run, true to flight numbers) -workhorse/main
170+C-line FD (2nd run, overstable) - overstable duties. .I scaled it once, but don't remember
150 DX leopard 7/10 (soon to be replaced w/ 175g G-line FD)

Mids:
173 Star Mako - hyzer flips, annys.
170-175 PFN flat champ rhyno (throw this as an overstable mid, as I'm comfortable with the mold)

Putters:
169 Factory store Pro Rhyno - main push/shovel putter
170-175 PFN flat champ rhyno - little more stable