Old 03-27-2017, 08:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 134 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
They finally made it into my bag last year. Did you get a softer HPP or one that is a bit firmer and flat?
I dunno.

It isn't gummy by any means, but it's not flat either. It has the oddest, super small dome. Mostly flat until it gets to the stamp, and then a tiny little boob right in the middle.

All the suregrip ones I saw were faf and this one was pretty close except the very middle. And I meant a roc in the sense of the glide.
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Kodachrome; 03-27-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 208
Niced 248 Times in 145 Posts

Got it, that's the same run I bag. Some are more domey some are less but they all have glide and a reliable finish.

They will beat in relatively quick. Slightly different wear pattern than a Roc... These lose a bit (not a lot) of high speed stability first, then lose the fade. Give them enough time and they will hyzerflip to straight just like a Roc. The reason I prefer the Warrior in many situations is it's a lot more resistant to wind.

There was a recent platinum run that came out flat and stiff with slight pearl to the plastic. It has more HSS and less glide. I got a couple in case I find use for them but right now I don't need anything that OS unless maybe there's too much wind.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
Got it, that's the same run I bag. Some are more domey some are less but they all have glide and a reliable finish.

They will beat in relatively quick. Slightly different wear pattern than a Roc... These lose a bit (not a lot) of high speed stability first, then lose the fade. Give them enough time and they will hyzerflip to straight just like a Roc. The reason I prefer the Warrior in many situations is it's a lot more resistant to wind.

There was a recent platinum run that came out flat and stiff with slight pearl to the plastic. It has more HSS and less glide. I got a couple in case I find use for them but right now I don't need anything that OS unless maybe there's too much wind.

Hmmmm...

Beating in quickly was not what I wanted to hear.

Hopefully some of the runs you mentioned will show up locally.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 208
Niced 248 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
Hmmmm...

Beating in quickly was not what I wanted to hear.

Hopefully some of the runs you mentioned will show up locally.
I initially started throwing them as an overstable complement to my KC Rocs but how quickly they lost their initial stability (took just several months) made me pull them from the bag. Don't recall why I put them back in but I'm glad I did. There are many times I prefer to throw these over the Rocs... In the wind, on rocky courses that chew up DX/KC plastic, when I'm not feeling as confident in my hit (these are more torque resistant than a Roc). The Warrior basically turned into a confident all around midrange for me.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Hmmm. Well, I guess we'll see. I really love the initial flight, so maybe seasoning will be useful. When they season, are they more of a tweener distance or more midlike?
Old 03-28-2017, 10:57 PM
* Ace Member *

well, i think i've answered that question. it really does seem like it would have a tweener flight. it goes decently far if you really crank on it hard and flat, then it fades loooooooong way left. i could see a baseline cycle working. i don't plan on it since i have my gazelles, but yeah.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:25 AM

Courses Played: 5
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

If you decide to checkout a warrior cycle, definitely get some sgs warriors. Super stiff, board flat, new it is very hss with a prominent fade at the end. New they fly identical to my slightly domey evo warrior, but the sgs beats in perfectly for a cycle. The sgs warrior has become my favorite midrange that I have ever thrown.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Niced: (1)
Old 04-04-2017, 02:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdhuffman02 View Post
If you decide to checkout a warrior cycle, definitely get some sgs warriors. Super stiff, board flat, new it is very hss with a prominent fade at the end. New they fly identical to my slightly domey evo warrior, but the sgs beats in perfectly for a cycle. The sgs warrior has become my favorite midrange that I have ever thrown.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Yeah...I think that's what I got. White, stiff, board flat. Definitely more overstable than my rocs or wasps ever were. It's like a half step short of utility overstable. I bought to throw against my evo. They are similar stabilities, but the baseline warrior is more os.

Very unique disc. Possible exactly what I've been looking for. Really doesn't seem to give a **** about wind when fresh.

There must have been some terrible runs, reading earlier warrior threads about dome and not actually being that overstable, etc. I'm going to let my cycle happen naturally, just pairing my baseline warrior with my comet until it starts to straighten out a bit.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:34 PM
* Ace Member *

The baseline takes abuse *VERY* well. It has picked up a bit of glide, barely discernible as no longer "meathook status" but still pretty overstable. I had some mad skips today, even so.

I had a unique experience the other day in a fairly stiffheadwind, though. Roughly 25 mph or so. The warrior turned and didn't care to fight back much. It was a downhill shot and I was really laying into it, so I'll take it with a grain of salt, but it does leave me wondering....are these things speed stable like a roc is? Silly question almost, considering how overstable it is right now, but I was quite surprised when it turned and didn't really penetrate the headwind. I guess headwind penetration and wide diameter don't play well together, but I don't want it to break in and get squirrelly. To see it fly so understable surprised me.

I know earlier some people mentioned it breaking in to have some turn and reliable fade. Any further experiences that can chime in?

Last edited by Kodachrome; 04-09-2017 at 11:36 PM.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:07 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 158 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
The baseline takes abuse *VERY* well. It has picked up a bit of glide, barely discernible as no longer "meathook status" but still pretty overstable. I had some mad skips today, even so.

I had a unique experience the other day in a fairly stiffheadwind, though. Roughly 25 mph or so. The warrior turned and didn't care to fight back much. It was a downhill shot and I was really laying into it, so I'll take it with a grain of salt, but it does leave me wondering....are these things speed stable like a roc is? Silly question almost, considering how overstable it is right now, but I was quite surprised when it turned and didn't really penetrate the headwind. I guess headwind penetration and wide diameter don't play well together, but I don't want it to break in and get squirrelly. To see it fly so understable surprised me.

I know earlier some people mentioned it breaking in to have some turn and reliable fade. Any further experiences that can chime in?
Only time my SGS Warrior will turn and not fight back is when I introduce a little wrist roll/OAT into the throw when trying to put a little extra power on them.