Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Other Gear

Old 08-03-2017, 05:57 AM

Niced 13 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackeyG View Post
I've honestly been debating it. I just can't find enough information to know if that $100 is really worth it. Guess I'll see what I do when I get paid.
Sorry for the double post. Can't edit my last one. After reading up on what galvanized actually means I've decided to go for the Patriot. A Veteran would be nice, but I'm not paying another $100 for the differences that come with that. At that point I only see it worth it for a permanent install in my own yard if I had one.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2017, 01:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 110 Times in 63 Posts

I think you will be quite happy with your new Patriot. I have a Innova Discatcher Sport that I bought in like new condition 3 years ago, and I have added 9 chains for a total of 27 and made other small modifications to the basket and I have been very happy with it. I would love to have a DD Veteran, I love the stainless steel chains, they are so nicely finished, no rough edges, but I just can't justify spending the extra money on a new basket.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-03-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
I think you will be quite happy with your new Patriot. I have a Innova Discatcher Sport that I bought in like new condition 3 years ago, and I have added 9 chains for a total of 27 and made other small modifications to the basket and I have been very happy with it. I would love to have a DD Veteran, I love the stainless steel chains, they are so nicely finished, no rough edges, but I just can't justify spending the extra money on a new basket.
If that's been good to you for 3 years I hope the same for a Patriot. If I really wanted to I could go Veteran but it just feels overboard for a portable. For a permanent install I would 100% choose it. The Patriot and Veteran have the same warranty too, so that's giving me piece of mind on quality. Also it being championship level approved.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 110 Times in 63 Posts

My Discatcher Sport is kind of pampered. Living in Iowa, I moved it to the basement the first winter to be used for putting practice and I have never moved it from there. I live only 5 minutes from my local Disc Golf Course, so if I want to do putting practice beyond 25 feet, I just drive there to do it.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:20 PM

Got my basket today and it's amazing. It's 100% a course level basket and it catches great!. The only thing that sucked was getting the chain assembly on. It slides freely up and down the pole and is pretty heavy. You probably want a helper to not destroy your hands.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:45 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 14 Times in 8 Posts
Default DD Patriot vs. MVP Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnackeyG View Post
I've honestly been debating it. I just can't find enough information to know if that $100 is really worth it. Guess I'll see what I do when I get paid.
I'd been debating that same issue.