Old 09-12-2018, 11:49 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 758 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
Perhaps he meant Flat As F*ck. I've heard people use this definition for that acronym.
Yeah, that’s what I mean when I say it, not firm. I never heard anyone who meant firm until recently.

Although to get the perfect FAF shoulder they really need to be at least medium firm usually.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2018, 11:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,113 Times in 1,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
Or more Barsbrunners. 2 notches higher in the speed but otherwise a similar choice. They sure seem to work, eh??
I love seeing pro players with power smash on those "beginner drivers" and get incredible flights. Honestly Roadrunners would be great in almost any player's bag. But I still think Eagle makes sense for him based on how he uses them so much.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-12-2018, 02:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 185 Times in 95 Posts

I’ve always thought the second f was not firm...the first I recall seeing FAF anywhere as a descriptor was on disc golf values, and it was for the original run of flat glow firebirds. They listed them as flat and firm, but I have always taken it more of as a “we can’t really say they’re flat as f but let’s say they’re flat and firm instead”.

Somebody should email Mark and ask him what they’re referred to in the warehouse. I’d bet a dollar it’s not flat and firm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeHyzer View Post
Perhaps he meant Flat As F*ck. I've heard people use this definition for that acronym.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-12-2018, 02:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 29 Times in 17 Posts

Something with sideburns...

Old 09-12-2018, 02:40 PM

Courses Played: 45
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

I hear all the eagle talk(there isn’t an eagle3 people). It makes good sense since he throws them so well and it’s the OG of innova discs, and Gregg is definitely an OG. The roadrunner is a better choice though if you ask me. As mentioned in a recent post, players of all levels can benefit from adding a shot shaping disc like a roadrunner to the bag(which I think the company should target rather than a stable driver). Since it was the tour series disc this year, why not have it be the world champion signature disc?

I think it would be great if they featured it in a glow plastic as well(or all 4!!!! Star, Pro, Champ, DX). Will it be a single plastic type? Signature Paul’ destroyers are all star I think? Roc3 all champion?

I don’t currently have any roadrunners, I bag L3s and a sidewinder. But if there are some Triple G triple R’s in production, one will be in my bag. #GGGRRR

Old 09-12-2018, 02:44 PM

Courses Played: 45
Niced 7 Times in 7 Posts

If Drew Gibson had won. It’d be a leopard3. If Sexton had won, it’d be a firebird. If Koling had won... lol.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 12
Niced 666 Times in 346 Posts

Innova is about selling discs and they would sell the shixt out of flat Barsby 1X Eagles.

Old 09-12-2018, 03:02 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 72
Niced 118 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
Innova is about selling discs and they would sell the shixt out of flat Barsby 1X Eagles.
Hopefully they see that also, his Roadrunners don't seem to be flying of the shelves at places, unfortunately just not a very popular mold. Eagles on the other hand, they have a bit of a following, mostly people looking for the older ones due to the way they molded up, if that could be reproduced then I believe the quoted post would be a reality.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 383 Times in 247 Posts

Eagle is an obvious choice, but for the reason he didn't choose the mold for his tour series disc, I wonder if maybe he will not choose it for his sig - look at the eagles he throws. Innova would have big shoes to fill to make eagles that he would actually like to bag.

Paul's bag on the other hand? A bunch of stuff off the rack at Big5. Nothing wrong with that obviously, just no brainers for big production runs.

Old 09-12-2018, 03:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,113 Times in 1,378 Posts

My only concern is I have only thrown one newer-ish champ Eagle, it was glideless and dumpy. How common is that?

I mean on paper and seeing the lines he hits the Eagle should be the disc. But do they start off super beefy and that's why he likes old ones?

Whereas the Roadrunner bombs for anyone with a clean throw.