Old 09-14-2018, 04:12 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 380 Times in 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Yeah, I don't let that fly in my groups. If someone paces it out, I count with them and make sure they get to at least 11 (I suggest 12 just to be sure) before they declare themselves outside the circle. Also have to watch to be sure they're taking full, 3-foot-ish strides. Sometimes the terrain forces a short stride or two to step over/around an obstacle and you have to be aware of that as you count.
While I agree, I find that the 10 M circle is always way closer than my expectation when playing events where it's painted. I'm pretty confident now just looking because I don't like step/jump putts until about 38 feet or so.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2018, 05:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 118 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post
Things dgers do, but why: Listen to music with earbuds because it helps them concentrate, but expect other players to be able to concentrate while having to notify them for everything
I was teeing off on hole 18 at the local course the other day, right as I threw a guy, disc golfer, wearing earbuds just strolls on the fairway, I'm yelling my head off at him, driver flies behind and he never noticed it. Part of me is glad it missed him but part wishes it would have smacked the idiot in the head.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:58 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 101
Niced 39 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhatton1 View Post
Players who use DGCR to record thousands of courses played yet never leave a single review in 11 years of use....WTF? !

I have played 94 courses, soon to be over 100, I've only left 1 review....
I usually do not read the reviews for any given course, I look at the course info, the rating (based on the reviews, I get it), and the course photos...I also look for video flyovers of any course I am thinking of playing. Those factors are what determine whether or not I play a course, NOT the opinion of someone else.

And besides, even the worst course I've ever played, (Flanacher Park, Baton Rouge) was
a reasonably good time, in spite of the horrible course layout. For those that like Flanacher, more power to you...just not a good design for my likings. Hole 3 was a nightmare.

I do not see myself ever reviewing another course, there are plenty of DGers that write really nice critiques....I will leave that for them....

Old 09-14-2018, 09:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 22.9
Courses Played: 148
Niced 421 Times in 198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by art_vandelay View Post
I've wanted to do that (say it was a gimme) but you just can't. People should not call their own gimmes. It's awkward.
A friend of mine spent 4 months down in Phoenix last winter and played as much DG as he could find time for. He told me that some of the guys he played with down there considered anything inside 15' a gimmie. Now when I play him I'll ask if my putt is an "Arizona gimmie". *I don't take gimmies but I have to razz him.

To be fair he sometimes played with Anthony Barela so I guess it really was a gimmie for him.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 98
Niced 230 Times in 124 Posts

In my world, it can only be a gimme if someone besides me picks up my putter. Otherwise you have to own it make or miss.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:22 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 44.8
Courses Played: 326
Niced 1,255 Times in 640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopTom.com View Post
You should actually be looking for 14 steps for men, 16 for women to be safely outside the putting circle!
https://livehealthy.chron.com/averag...ngth-7494.html
But, AFTER I've made a putt, as I walk to get it, each step is worth at least 5 feet, right?
Old 09-15-2018, 12:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 105
Niced 90 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhatton1 View Post
Players who use DGCR to record thousands of courses played yet never leave a single review in 11 years of use....WTF? It's disc golf course review, not Disc golf courses i've played, give a little back fer gawds sake. (Yep, I just found the members stats pages for the first time and shocked to see how many people just use this as a course bagging record without ever helping other players make a choice of where to play. Play it, review it, or at least review some of them!!
Some pepel dont right so good
Some people don't write so easily.
Sometimes people don't have anything new to add.
Some people don't want to subject themselves to the overly critical (and often outright jerks) DGCR audience.
Some read the great reviews and feel unworthy.

Anyway, lots of reasons not to write reviews.

I write reviews when I think I have something to contribute as far as a given course is concerned.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:32 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 101
Niced 39 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldst View Post
Some pepel dont right so good
Some people don't write so easily.
Sometimes people don't have anything new to add.
Some people don't want to subject themselves to the overly critical (and often outright jerks) DGCR audience.
Some read the great reviews and feel unworthy.

Anyway, lots of reasons not to write reviews.

I write reviews when I think I have something to contribute as far as a given course is concerned.

Amen!! Especially the "outright jerks" part.....I have experienced that first hand.... I may have been that "jerk" at some point....and to others, I may still be that "jerk"....

which leads to valuable words of wisdom from my Dad:

"Do not concern yourself with what others think, unless those "others" are friends or family."

Niced: (1)
Old 09-16-2018, 05:57 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 265 Times in 157 Posts

played a lot of courses but don't write reviews. again, if I don't feel I'm contributing significantly to the description I don't feel my comments are all that important....

Old 09-17-2018, 12:44 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 19
Niced 46 Times in 30 Posts

I hate the loud guy at the course who yells and curses at the top of his lungs after every crappy throw he has(which is about every throw). Then when he does have a good throw, he yells just as loud so that everybody on the course knows. The only time anyone should yell on a course is if you hit an Ace or you're close to hitting somebody.

People on Udisc that who lie about having great rounds all the time at your local courses. Then when you actually play them, the player doesn't have the slightest clue of which disc to use for the situation, and shoots nowhere near the course par. I know that we all have bad rounds, but this was no bad round for this guy.

Niced: (1)