Old 09-26-2018, 08:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 423 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
watching R2 F11 now. . . every hole is a short "putter of the tee" hole, looks like a beginner cource . . strange to see a big title like USW be played on a super easy cource
What's worse is that this complex is 2x 18 with added temp holes, and ever hole has both short pads and short pins permanently in place. There's 72 permanent holes, plus 3 temps... They REALLY should not have done any short-to-short layout. Some of the short pins have cool placements, but at least go from the long tees. Short-to-short is too easy for Juniors competitions, let alone the top ladies of the sport. Long>Long or at least Long>Short would have been much better. Even the competitors were unhappy with that layout, which is a SHAME for the TDs to represent the region and that great facility that way...
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-26-2018, 08:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 109
Niced 219 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
What's worse is that this complex is 2x 18 with added temp holes, and ever hole has both short pads and short pins permanently in place. There's 72 permanent holes, plus 3 temps... They REALLY should not have done any short-to-short layout. Some of the short pins have cool placements, but at least go from the long tees. Short-to-short is too easy for Juniors competitions, let alone the top ladies of the sport. Long>Long or at least Long>Short would have been much better. Even the competitors were unhappy with that layout, which is a SHAME for the TDs to represent the region and that great facility that way...
Yep, Burchfield is one of the best complexes in the state, but I don't think it was showcased properly. Too many short holes used on the Saturday (probably did it because of two rounds). Holes like 15B on Renegades should NEVER be used on ANY course. And leaving the poles in the ground on unused holes really confused me. By confused, I mean I don't understand why they left them in.

Old 09-26-2018, 11:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,533 Times in 1,063 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSyl View Post
Yep, Burchfield is one of the best complexes in the state, but I don't think it was showcased properly. Too many short holes used on the Saturday (probably did it because of two rounds). Holes like 15B on Renegades should NEVER be used on ANY course. And leaving the poles in the ground on unused holes really confused me. By confused, I mean I don't understand why they left them in.
I may have it wrong, but weren't those poles left in the unused positions because the positions were used at some point during the weekend? As in, they moved baskets between rounds or between days?

In such a case, leaving the poles in, at least prior to the tournament, allowed for players to practice those positions even without a basket. Sure they couldn't properly hole out, but it gives a target visible from a distance at which to throw. If they left them in during play, that's a bit tougher to explain.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:40 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
I may have it wrong, but weren't those poles left in the unused positions because the positions were used at some point during the weekend? As in, they moved baskets between rounds or between days?

In such a case, leaving the poles in, at least prior to the tournament, allowed for players to practice those positions even without a basket. Sure they couldn't properly hole out, but it gives a target visible from a distance at which to throw. If they left them in during play, that's a bit tougher to explain.
Were left in during play
Old 09-26-2018, 12:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 772
Niced 36 Times in 25 Posts

Devil's Den is now called Renegade Trails?
Old 09-26-2018, 01:03 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushin No Shin View Post
Devil's Den is now called Renegade Trails?
Yeah, I suspect some folks were offended by the Devil usage. America in 2018.

Niced: (3)
Old 09-26-2018, 01:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 35.8
Courses Played: 233
Niced 1,170 Times in 538 Posts

Quote:
As a lifelong, self described renegade.....I am still offended.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,241 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
I'm offended by their offense, as a person who is offended by offense.

BTW - I'd think those folks would have something important to do, like burning witches, or painting scarlet letters on women.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-26-2018, 02:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 238
Niced 165 Times in 85 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to roadtripstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reniger View Post
If you look at some of the score for am protected and lower divisions they definitely should have been playing shorts to shorts. The B pool players were already finishing and hour to an hour and a half after the A pool on their rounds. I also understand with the required two round format why shorts to shorts were used for pros, we didn't finish until a little after 6 and some of the B pool later than that. If we would have played longs we may not have finished. The problem is the PDGA wanting it to be a four round event in three days.

Old 09-26-2018, 06:48 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30
Courses Played: 669
Niced 1,170 Times in 551 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtripstuff View Post
The problem is the PDGA wanting it to be a four round event in three days.
The PDGA has specified this format for bidders based on player driven feedback over the many years supporting this event. Note that it's the only Major that offers divisions below Advanced which adds to the challenge for finishing 2 rounds in a timely fashion on courses suitable for lower level players.