Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 543 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
Huh? ^^^^^^^

Earth to Casey, could you repeat that? Message lost in transmission.
Message was lost when I was writing that one. It came out so different from in my head. I had one thing I thought I was typing but then it came out all different.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2018, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docxen View Post
good advice curtis i have 2 or 3 sets that came as a set so i could stick to one of those sets but i feel i'm still trying to find my 3/4 discs to start with. Will prob do a leopard/shark/shield i didn't care much for the aviar i might be alone in that.
You are not alone in the distastes for an Aviar of any kind or even the near clones from Discmania and Millennium Discs. Other non Innova factory brands similar disc I do not like either. I finally found the Magnet after messing around with two or molds that did not serve my needs for putting, and one that was fine for me but not good in wind above 20 mph or for power putting.

Only disc that is even close to an Aviar I could like is a much lower profile Aviar. A way lower Aviar is a disc like the XD or now, Colt the replacement disc. U-2 or Upshot #2 is also an XD like disc that I Use in Prostyle plastic. I can use a Rhyno but again it is too close to a Avair more so then a Colt/XD type disc.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Casey 1988; 08-13-2018 at 05:04 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:39 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 63 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
You are not alone in the distastes for an Aviar of any kind or even the near clones from Discmania and Millennium Discs. Other non Innova factory brands similar disc I do not like either. I finally found the Magnet after messing around with two or molds that did not serve my needs for putting, and one that was fine for me but not good in wind above 20 mph or for power putting.

Only disc that is even close to an Aviar I could like is a much lower profile Aviar. A way lower Aviar is a disc like the XD or now, Colt the replacement disc. U-2 or Upshot #2 is also an XD like disc that I Use in Prostyle plastic. I can use a Rhyno but again it is too close to a Avair more so then a Colt/XD type disc.
i have been watching and hearing about magnets thinking about trying one out still just buying up cheap discs wherever i can throwing it at a catcher and seeing what sticks.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docxen View Post
i have been watching and hearing about magnets thinking about trying one out still just buying up cheap discs wherever i can throwing it at a catcher and seeing what sticks.
Magnets can find cheep, players do not like the feel of a Magnet and similar discs. The Legacy Clutch has a stiff version of base plastic if you want a Stiff old regular Pro D Magent and DGA Titanic is a good disc very much like a slower slightly taller Magent. Magnet Comes in Pro D, Soft Pro D and Jawbreaker. DGA Titanic is in Proline and D a plastic that is nearly Pro D, I am not sure if other plastics are used for the Titanic.

Old 08-14-2018, 06:08 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 63 Times in 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Magnets can find cheep, players do not like the feel of a Magnet and similar discs. The Legacy Clutch has a stiff version of base plastic if you want a Stiff old regular Pro D Magent and DGA Titanic is a good disc very much like a slower slightly taller Magent. Magnet Comes in Pro D, Soft Pro D and Jawbreaker. DGA Titanic is in Proline and D a plastic that is nearly Pro D, I am not sure if other plastics are used for the Titanic.
oh thanks heard good stuff about jawbreaker and i'm still new might try this new place that sells used discs try out a few different ones

Old 10-09-2018, 01:45 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

So I know this post is old but back in the ver first post he talks about how you should be able to throw putter about 250 and mids 300 is that max distance e or golf line distance

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk