Old 10-09-2018, 09:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 361 Times in 155 Posts

Anyways, now that we've gotten that fruitless calculating debate out of the way...

Back to the substance of the thread...

Perhaps MTL could enlighten us abut the disciplinary process and unavoidable delays in dealing with a player who admitted turning in a cardmate's intentionally altered score - without supplying personal details, of course.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2018, 09:20 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 85
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 240 Times in 131 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
Perhaps MTL could enlighten us abut the disciplinary process and unavoidable delays in dealing with a player who admitted turning in a cardmate's intentionally altered score - without supplying personal details, of course.
It would be interesting to know what, if any delays, affect this sort of thing. The "current disciplinary actions" document has been updated twice since that tournament took place. It seems like there would be no need to update it if the disciplinary committee had not had the opportunity to meet to discuss pending matters. If they have, then what could be the delay in a case where the player admitted cheating?
Old 02-27-2019, 12:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 85
Niced 240 Times in 131 Posts

I thought that I would update this now that the PDGA has taken action. The penalty issued was a suspension of less than a year. It is my understanding that the cheater has a lawyer and will be appealing this "harsh" penalty.
Old 02-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Flippy Flopper

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 128
Niced 726 Times in 333 Posts

I just saw this thread for the first time.

There is no "statue of limitations" on investigation of discipline issues, so to speak. The process - linked below - only refers to the timing in two situations. When a request has to be submitted (30 days of incident) and when someone can appeal (30 days of decision).

As always, can't confirm or deny I know about the case referenced here nor can I confirm or deny that I understand all of the comments, but it's worth showing the document of the process.

https://www.pdga.com/files/PDGA%20Di...2009232014.pdf
Old 02-27-2019, 08:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 40
Niced 49 Times in 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doofenshmirtz View Post
I thought that I would update this now that the PDGA has taken action. The penalty issued was a suspension of less than a year. It is my understanding that the cheater has a lawyer and will be appealing this "harsh" penalty.
A lawyer...really? Lolz
Old 02-28-2019, 07:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,520 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankeye View Post
A lawyer...really? Lolz
Not the first time discipline has been appealed using a lawyer. Probably won't be the last. Would love to be a fly on the wall to hear the arguments being made.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-28-2019, 04:02 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 265 Times in 157 Posts

a lawyer to throw plastic in the woods. Hmmm.....I'm really TRYING not to be a misanthrope lately......
Old 03-03-2019, 01:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 192
Niced 182 Times in 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensjef View Post
So use a computer spreadsheet and let it do the math, which makes the individual hole being correct the critical component, not everyone being fatigued mentally and physically, including all the the staff. Human error can be minimal, and the computer input is more time efficient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoakimBL View Post
Everyone now a days have a calculator handy for adding up their own scores after a round. If you think that players being fatigued after the round can cause errors in totaling, the obviously that too can happen for the TD, even if he isn't playing, but having to check and double check 90 players scores. Even if you enter them into a spreadsheet, you still need to check for typing errors. In stead of having tournament staff/TD doing one of at least two checks of the scorecard, it really isn't that much of an ask to have a player total and check his own. If the player isn't bothered enough about his own score being correct, why on earth should anybody else?
Count me in the camp of, "if we're going to suggest the utilization of technology..." -- spreadsheets, computers, calculators, etc. -- "...then the use of the app, UDisc or similar, is the absolute best technologically best option."
Old 03-03-2019, 08:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 67 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
Count me in the camp of, "if we're going to suggest the utilization of technology..." -- spreadsheets, computers, calculators, etc. -- "...then the use of the app, UDisc or similar, is the absolute best technologically best option."
Off topic sort of, is there anything that says a player can't use uDisc to keep track of score in addition to the card? I always thought about doing that just to keep track of the tee order.

Old 03-03-2019, 10:14 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 67
Niced 200 Times in 110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark996 View Post
Off topic sort of, is there anything that says a player can't use uDisc to keep track of score in addition to the card? I always thought about doing that just to keep track of the tee order.
I've done that often. It's a great idea. At the end of the round we then compare the electronic to the paper to make sure there are no mistakes.