Old 10-18-2018, 07:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,072 Times in 1,645 Posts

Somebody posted something earlier about DC not having a putter plastic Paul would like. What about that CT stuff they made challys in a couple years ago?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2018, 07:58 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 22
Niced 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
They already exist. Force, Wasp, Challenger, Vulture, etc. The only disc he will need is a Teebird.
If they still have the Ace Race Mantis mold, they already have that too.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 88
Niced 710 Times in 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Tuna View Post

Discraft TeeBird
Mantis is similar to a TeeBird Flight, Stalker flies like a beat in TeeBird, & Undertakers fly like TeeBird3. Though incrementally different, I have more faith in the archer than the arrow...
The Mantis is nothing like a teebird, much more like a valkyrie or leopard3. The ace race protos are not indicative of how the production runs fly. The stalker or undertaker would probably be fine replacements. I'm positive someone with the skills of McBeth could easily make that transition.

That being said, while it would be awesome, I don't really see Paul moving to discraft in the realm of probability.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:08 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 72
Niced 118 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
I think the more interesting McBeth story for me is if he can land a cash deal with somebody for shoes and apparel. The cash deal with adidas was only a year and this year he wore a little bit of everything. I personally don’t care what the dude wears, but am more interested in somebody getting their foot in the door with a company other than a disc manufacturer.

A Slim Jim partnership would be the ticket in my book, think of all the good to come from McBeth redoing all the old Macho Man commercials.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-18-2018, 08:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,072 Times in 1,645 Posts

"Snap into a Destroyer...oooh yea"

Niced: (2)
Old 10-18-2018, 08:27 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 110 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
Whoa. Charlie holding out on me eh?

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out. If you're game, come on the podcast and share your experience working in the industry!
Sure. Anytime.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-18-2018, 08:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 98
Niced 80 Times in 53 Posts

I didn't see anything mentioned in the past 19 pages of Colglazier dumping mass amounts of Trilogy on the FB pages? Seems like there could be some speculation to be made for him leaving Lat64. This kid has talent and would be a solid pickup for any company.

Old 10-18-2018, 08:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 505 Times in 299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehaas View Post
I think Uli is another one to watch. He had a strong year and seems to be a guy that is well liked by all of the other pros.
Really? I don't know why, I met him in person once and even when I see him online, in pictures, etc, he just seems like he's a bit angry all the time...hmm...
Old 10-18-2018, 08:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 185 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshelton View Post
A Slim Jim partnership would be the ticket in my book, think of all the good to come from McBeth redoing all the old Macho Man commercials.
When he’s bored with disc golf he can start his pro wrasslin career in the wwe and keep the money coming.

Soooooo how many heads would explode if the Discraft deal involved ultimate and not disc golf? Dude was a legit baseball player, he’s got hands if he played second base. Some type of promotional deal through them partnered with signing to a pro team?

Everybody thought he was trying to bring the money to dg, what if he was trying to use dg as a stepping stone to get the money elsewhere?

Old 10-18-2018, 08:36 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 22
Niced 192 Times in 70 Posts

For everyone saying Paul can't/won't switch from Innova, there could be certain other things Discraft, or another company could offer him that Innova may not be willing to do. They could offer a stake in the company, like has been suggested before, maybe a whole line of signature discs, perhaps even designed by Paul himself. Maybe some kind of offer to transition into something post 40 as some kind of other position at Discraft. Or maybe just a boatload of cash. Discraft could potentially make one hell of a splash over a few years with 6-10 brand new McBeth molds. Move a lot of plastic. They create enough buzzz maybe even get into Dick's and/or Wal-Mart themselves.

I think if you look at the potential of this being just a piece of a grander plan, it makes a lot more sense. If you just look at it as a simple player sponsorship then no, it doesn't.