Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 10-29-2018, 05:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 539 Times in 427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
Discmania P2 -- I was on the search for a new putter - heard the hype - saw the Eagle (and the Simon) so I picked a couple up. Not a bad shape/feel but just didn't love the plastic and the flight. It was NOT as stable/OS as it says. It was way too touchy

Prodigy A2 - Wanted to love it, I was looking for a short range really OS disc - and it is, its a good disc , but I could NEVER get it to land where I wanted, haha - I went back to a Zone and realized - I had this disc the whole time - so its not a bad disc, but I couldn't find the range, either I pushed it TOO far or fluffed it and it was short

World - Probably the more disappointed I've been with a driver - its supposed to be OS but it was VERY touchy - sometimes I would rip it and it would hyzer out hard - othertimes would up-flip over and anny roll into the dirt to nowheresville . Its a thin thin disc and that leaves a SMALL margin of error - its not a consistent disc from what I've seen ever from Feldberg throwing it, sometimes it flips too much, othertimes it doesn't
I've thrown 3 Worlds, and they were all different. Fist one was VIP plastic and performed how a World should. Really beefy w/ no high speed turn. Next one was also VIP plastic and actually had quite a bit of turn. I could turn it all the way over if I threw it hard enough. Last one was an AIR World. Somewhat flippy. I don't think AIR plastic is a good representation of a mold.

Trilogy drivers simply aren't consistent. I've never thrown any of their molds that were the same from disc to disc. I guess if you want beef in there you'll have to use a Defender. Those ones I think are pretty beefy.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 10-29-2018, 06:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 110
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 593 Times in 292 Posts

Hasn't happened to me yet, but a few friends have broken the KC color glow discs. Cleanly broken through the middle of the flight plate. I've seen it happen to Aviars and Rocs.

I think it was just one specific run that came out so brittle. No idea how they made it through Quality Control. They were run for CFR/TFR stamps last year. I have personally seen least 2 different that were made for different clubs/events. One was like a 30' putt that was not moving very fast, hit the cage, and just broke cleanly into 2 pieces.

I have 4 of those Rocs. I'm emotionally ready for them to break in half; I know it's coming eventually. Pretty shoal, IMO.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 539 Times in 427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
Hasn't happened to me yet, but a few friends have broken the KC color glow discs. Cleanly broken through the middle of the flight plate. I've seen it happen to Aviars and Rocs.

I think it was just one specific run that came out so brittle. No idea how they made it through Quality Control. They were run for CFR/TFR stamps last year. I have personally seen least 2 different that were made for different clubs/events. One was like a 30' putt that was not moving very fast, hit the cage, and just broke cleanly into 2 pieces.

I have 4 of those Rocs. I'm emotionally ready for them to break in half; I know it's coming eventually. Pretty shoal, IMO.
Yikes. When you throw a premium plastic disc the last thing on your mind is breakage. I've seen instances of premium plastic breaking, but usually only very old discs that have been out in the sun for extended periods.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 18
Niced 439 Times in 341 Posts

Quote:

My buddy bought 3 brand new McPro Aviars - first putt with one, it cracked in half....It WAS cold out, but I mean ----come on ---- I've never had a disc 'break' on me. the 1 thing Innova sucks at....Putter plastic. Discmania/Innova putter plastic is surprisingly the worst given all their other things are the standard. I sit comfortably in saying Trilogy has the best baseline plastic. And I use like, 1-3 trilogy discs and that's it. Whats good is whats good. Prodigy has decent baseline in 300, MVP would be great, the electron is super nice but deforms easier than prodigy or trilogy - as for feel tho, MVP Electron is like velvet butter
Old 10-30-2018, 10:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 110
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 593 Times in 292 Posts

I feel like Innova has some good options for putter material, but some are certainly much worse.

I putt with JK Pro and Gateway's SSS currently. Similar hand feel: grippy, flexible, kind of pseudo-rubber.

I've heard good things about the Trilogy baseline(s) but I just can't bring myself to adopt the communist philosophies. When the 2-disc challenge was in town, I got a SWEET MegaSoft putter that felt the most like JK Pro. Was also very pretty with blue and pink swirls. BUT, commie, so I gave it away right after the event.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:16 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 15
Niced 12 Times in 9 Posts

For me, the Caiman.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:37 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 474 Times in 270 Posts

Quote:
but I just can't bring myself to adopt the communist philosophies
. . What?!?

Old 10-30-2018, 10:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 694 Times in 484 Posts

Quote:

I've heard good things about the Trilogy baseline(s) but I just can't bring myself to adopt the communist philosophies. When the 2-disc challenge was in town, I got a SWEET MegaSoft putter that felt the most like JK Pro. Was also very pretty with blue and pink swirls. BUT, commie, so I gave it away right after the event.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 43
Niced 2,581 Times in 1,125 Posts

Quote:
I feel like Innova has some good options for putter material, but some are certainly much worse.

I putt with JK Pro and Gateway's SSS currently. Similar hand feel: grippy, flexible, kind of pseudo-rubber.

Good man

Old 10-30-2018, 01:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 23
Niced 202 Times in 130 Posts

Star Caiman - Not the Champion plastic that was promised for proto and way more glide than advertised

Star Aviar3 - Just not comfortable in the hand and it tends to flip in a headwind

I can see these discs being really great for some people, they just were not what I was looking for. Anyone that wants these and has a Pro Thundy, K3 Kaxe or a soft P-Line MD3 that they are not using, PM me