* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 693 Times in 483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post

some l64 and innova have remarkably horrid flashing recently
It's really bad. Probably why their discs break in more differently than most others. Really frustrating because they make some really great molds.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 11-04-2018, 11:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 80
Niced 182 Times in 84 Posts

Plastic today is great, everyone is crazy. In 2005 everyone was talking about how much that new pearly 11x stuff sucks compared to the good old 10x, and the 9x was even better. The reality is that there are a lot more discs produced today so there’s more inconsistency but also more selection. Some of the newer premium plastics are just as good, or better than anything that used to be around.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:38 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 53 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzzChief View Post
Plastic today is great, everyone is crazy. In 2005 everyone was talking about how much that new pearly 11x stuff sucks compared to the good old 10x, and the 9x was even better. The reality is that there are a lot more discs produced today so there’s more inconsistency but also more selection. Some of the newer premium plastics are just as good, or better than anything that used to be around.
Strongly disagree. What people were saying when pearly came out doesn't matter. We now have had the benefit of tome to decide. Old pearly champ is way way way more durable than Jolly Launcher. I have JL discs beat in in one summer vs pearly discs that last years. Also 2 JL discs got splinters in them! I have never seen that from old champ!
Old 11-04-2018, 01:01 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 474 Times in 270 Posts

Less toxic amd more environment friendly plastics nowadays? . . Plastic toys that came out when i was a Child could kill you, but was unbreakable
Old 11-04-2018, 01:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 42
Niced 84 Times in 58 Posts

Jolt you apparently don't get the same scary news in Sweden that we do. In the past couple of years they issue recalls for toys coming out of China that contain lead and all kinds of nasty stuff.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 538 Times in 426 Posts

Quote:
I love the jolly launcher plastic by Innova over the last few years. The stuff that is very clear, has vivid colors, and is fairly stiff for champion plastic. I find that the discs molded in that plastic have very true flight characteristics and are durable.

My LEAST favorite newish plastic is the opaque champion with air bubbles in it. That stuff feels like taffy, has no durability, and flies like crap.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:18 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 474 Times in 270 Posts

We hade alot of news like that for 10y ago. . apparently everything was dangerous when i was a Child, plastics, food, candy . . .but somehow we survived anyway

But i do feel like things were built to last back then. . nowadays things break 1day after the warranty runs ut . . haha i feel old
Old 11-04-2018, 07:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 161
Niced 1,251 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
It's really bad. Probably why their discs break in more differently than most others. Really frustrating because they make some really great molds.
thats interesting i never considered that

i used to throw saints and rivers back in the day but nothing recent that plastic used to be long lasting (opto)

but once the flashing is gone i bet they lose stability maybe ill have to ask more of my trilogy folks in my area if they noticed a difference once the flashing is gone
Old 11-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 80
Niced 182 Times in 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefKoolaid View Post
Strongly disagree. What people were saying when pearly came out doesn't matter. We now have had the benefit of tome to decide. Old pearly champ is way way way more durable than Jolly Launcher. I have JL discs beat in in one summer vs pearly discs that last years. Also 2 JL discs got splinters in them! I have never seen that from old champ!
1. JL isn’t the only plastic that Innova makes
2. Innova isn’t the only disc company

Old 11-04-2018, 08:32 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 30
Niced 53 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
1. JL isn’t the only plastic that Innova makes
2. Innova isn’t the only disc company
Star is blebded with champ so it is directly affected. I never menrioned other disc companies or commented that their plastocs were less durable. And dx and pro vary so much run to run vs champ and star they are not really worth mentioning.