Old 11-04-2018, 08:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 694 Times in 484 Posts

Surprised by the low glide comments. Mine has crazy glide for a somewhat stable disc.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 541 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I'd assume the Musket and Getaway would be similar in non-windy conditions, but with the Getaway holding up better in headwinds. We'll see if that ends up being Twmmcoy's result (prove me right, man!)
Next time I play I'll bring the Getaway. I have no clue what type of plastic it is. Something that seems like star. Fuzion, perhaps? Disc has a custom stamp, so the plastic isn't listed.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Surprised by the low glide comments. Mine has crazy glide for a somewhat stable disc.
Yeah, my Musket definitely isn't going to win any glide awards. I won't call it a clunker or say it doesn't glide, but it definitely doesn't have the float that a Shryke or Heat does. I think the average glide actually helps the Musket. It penetrates well and doesn't get blown around much in breezes.

I'll call the Musket's glide perfectly average. A solid 4. Just like an Orc or Starfire.

Niced: (1)
Old 01-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 161
Niced 1,967 Times in 936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr32 View Post
Have you thrown a getaway yet? Curious how musket compares.
My Lucid Getaway and Opto Musket (TC) are very similar. I need to bag them together some time to give a nice trial. My first round today with the Musket I picked up was really impressive though. It's a very consistent, predictable flier. Honestly surprised with it. Great resistance to turn, very linear flight and then a predictable, late dumpy fade. I need to throw the Getaway some more but the Musket seemed a lot less nose angle sensitive. I had trouble keeping the nose down on the Getaway for some reason.

A lot of people should check this disc out. It's right in that Thunderbird neighborhood. It's not an overly long disc like T-dub mentioned but very controllable and seemed solid in the wind. My Musket's used but didn't look like it had many rounds on it so I don't know if it's pre- or post-break in.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 516 Times in 252 Posts

I liked the Musket when I used it for the TC. Should probably throw it in the bag again sometime. I found it a little flippy, but controllable. Definitely less overstable than most Thunderbirds. My biggest reservation is that I've got more than one Teebird I'm familiar with that can hit most of the same shots.

The Musket could slot into the PD/Thunderbird slot for people that don't have 400+ ft of power.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
My Lucid Getaway and Opto Musket (TC) are very similar. I need to bag them together some time to give a nice trial. My first round today with the Musket I picked up was really impressive though. It's a very consistent, predictable flier. Honestly surprised with it. Great resistance to turn, very linear flight and then a predictable, late dumpy fade. I need to throw the Getaway some more but the Musket seemed a lot less nose angle sensitive. I had trouble keeping the nose down on the Getaway for some reason.

A lot of people should check this disc out. It's right in that Thunderbird neighborhood. It's not an overly long disc like T-dub mentioned but very controllable and seemed solid in the wind. My Musket's used but didn't look like it had many rounds on it so I don't know if it's pre- or post-break in.
I found the Musket just a hair longer than the Getaway. Similar flight though. The Musket had a tiny smidge of high speed turn, like -0.5. The Getaway didn't.

Musket for me is like a new (not broken in) Orc or a broken in Starfire. Nice driver. I found that I could do pretty much whatever I wanted with it.... and accurately.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:28 PM

Niced 10 Times in 8 Posts

For me the Musket is a slightly longer Explorer. With a good spin I can get it flip to flat and fade. I have a blue metal flake max weight TC Musket which is slightly overstable and then my orange 169g workhorse Musket which tends to flip a little bit. It’s a very good mold for 320ft max. thrower.