#4711  
Old 11-03-2018, 09:10 AM
Halcón's Avatar
Halcón Halcón is offline
Free at Last
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 11,779
Niced 941 Times in 497 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakamkram View Post
Neutron and Soft Neutron. The original experimental electron disc in all colors besides blue has been confirmed as the Particle too.
When was this confirmed?
Sponsored Links
  #4712  
Old 11-03-2018, 10:47 AM
rakamkram rakamkram is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 585
Niced 61 Times in 44 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
When was this confirmed?
From ZAM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-11-03-10-45-45.jpg (81.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2018-11-03-10-45-53.jpg (87.1 KB, 35 views)

Niced: (2)
  #4713  
Old 11-05-2018, 12:46 PM
aphilso1's Avatar
aphilso1 aphilso1 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Nebraska
Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 450
Niced 257 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Lost a moderately seasoned Hatchet yesterday. Will probably replace it with another Hatchet, but I'd be interested in trying out a gyro mold for that slot since I've been happy with my last few forays into MVP/Axiom. The problem is that going just off of the numbers, it doesn't appear that the compan(ies) have that slot filled--something in the 8/9 speed class that is super flippy. Any recommendations?

For reference, I have a 166g Neutron Wave which I hyzerflip to straight in the 325 range at about 90% power, or at full power hyzerflip I get around 350 ft and finish to the right. What I'm looking for (and what my Hatchet did fairly well) is a disc that is a touch slower and will allow me to put more like 75% power on a hyzerflip to get it go straight 290-300; I could also get it to flip to turn with no fade if I gave it just a little more juice.

I'm looking at the Virus, which I know is supposedly a Speed 11 but the rim seems fairly narrow so I'm wondering if it may fly similar to a Hatchet. Comparabel discs, or no?
  #4714  
Old 11-05-2018, 12:50 PM
aphilso1's Avatar
aphilso1 aphilso1 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Nebraska
Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 450
Niced 257 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Probably worth mentioning that I bag a Tursas as a flippy mid, so my Hatchet fit speedwise right between the Tursas and Vanish. I use all three for similiar flippy lines and just adjust power/disc selection for distance control. My forehand game is weak sauce, hence why I bag so many super US discs.
  #4715  
Old 11-05-2018, 01:15 PM
VLaForce2002 VLaForce2002 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 172
Niced 96 Times in 54 Posts
Default

Virus is a speed 9 disc. Excellent choice for hyzer flip (75%) to roller (90+%). I like proton plastic for this mold as it is more stable than neutron and therefore gives me a broader range of shots.
Vanish is. Speed 11 disc and is my current max distance straight disc in proton. When I’ve tried neutron it flies like a Virus for me, so only proton for me.
These are my to main drivers except for windy days when I mix in a Wrath and a Defy (neutron)
Disclaimer: I max at 310 LHBH, and 250 LHFH; I throw 154-158g in these molds

Niced: (2)
  #4716  
Old 11-05-2018, 01:37 PM
aphilso1's Avatar
aphilso1 aphilso1 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Nebraska
Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 450
Niced 257 Times in 161 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLaForce2002 View Post
Virus is a speed 9 disc. Excellent choice for hyzer flip (75%) to roller (90+%). I like proton plastic for this mold as it is more stable than neutron and therefore gives me a broader range of shots.
Vanish is. Speed 11 disc and is my current max distance straight disc in proton. When I’ve tried neutron it flies like a Virus for me, so only proton for me.
These are my to main drivers except for windy days when I mix in a Wrath and a Defy (neutron)
Disclaimer: I max at 310 LHBH, and 250 LHFH; I throw 154-158g in these molds
Thanks for the info. The Virus is listed as a Speed 11 on Infinite, and unfortunately the Axiom website is down right now so I couldn't verify straight from the source. But gyro discs are often smaller-rimmed than the Speed class would imply (again, using the speed listed on Infinite Discs) so I thought there was a chance it might be more like a 9 or 10.
  #4717  
Old 11-05-2018, 02:45 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,836
Niced 692 Times in 483 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Lost a moderately seasoned Hatchet yesterday. Will probably replace it with another Hatchet, but I'd be interested in trying out a gyro mold for that slot since I've been happy with my last few forays into MVP/Axiom. The problem is that going just off of the numbers, it doesn't appear that the compan(ies) have that slot filled--something in the 8/9 speed class that is super flippy. Any recommendations?

For reference, I have a 166g Neutron Wave which I hyzerflip to straight in the 325 range at about 90% power, or at full power hyzerflip I get around 350 ft and finish to the right. What I'm looking for (and what my Hatchet did fairly well) is a disc that is a touch slower and will allow me to put more like 75% power on a hyzerflip to get it go straight 290-300; I could also get it to flip to turn with no fade if I gave it just a little more juice.

I'm looking at the Virus, which I know is supposedly a Speed 11 but the rim seems fairly narrow so I'm wondering if it may fly similar to a Hatchet. Comparabel discs, or no?
I don't forehand often, so I rely on a bunch of understable stuff. IMO, MVP and Axiom do not do understable all that well. At least, not across all speeds. There is nothing from them I would bag over a Hatchet.
  #4718  
Old 11-05-2018, 02:55 PM
broomerang broomerang is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Dayton, OH
Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 919
Niced 634 Times in 252 Posts
Default

From what I've seen the Virus is much more US than a Hatchet. I have never thrown one but a friend uses one for flip rollers and he can only throw a Volt about 275. Matt Dollar was throwing Hatchet's a while back but I didn't see a Virus in his bag after the switch. If you beat a clash up to hell it would probably work Hatchet lines but it's a lot more stable than a hatchet right out of the box. Seasoning Neutron or Proton is no easy task either.
  #4719  
Old 11-05-2018, 03:02 PM
PMantle's Avatar
PMantle PMantle is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria, La.
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 4,836
Niced 692 Times in 483 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
If you beat a clash up to hell it would probably work Hatchet lines but it's a lot more stable than a hatchet right out of the box. Seasoning Neutron or Proton is no easy task either.
This would take 20 years.

Niced: (1)
 

  #4720  
Old 11-05-2018, 03:03 PM
broomerang broomerang is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Dayton, OH
Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 919
Niced 634 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
This would take 20 years.
Or some kind of disc torture chamber.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 11:16 AM
Hall of Fame Classic by MVP Disc Sports-- first NT event presented by MVP! Aim For The Chains Tournaments & Leagues 231 09-18-2015 09:32 AM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 04:11 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) cmrichar Discs 5362 05-11-2013 08:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.