Old 11-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 257 Times in 161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
so even the bio was a meathook, huh? I was thinking of checking these out to replace the culverin as a more-stable escape. It seemed that even with my weak arm, Culverins could get away from me with any wind around. Probably a true slightly more stable escape, glide and all, but I might rather go a click higher.

Bio Getaway 170s
Moonshine Escape 170s
Fuz Escape 170s
Opto Hatchet 168ish

That could be a thing during the cold season, or beginning of next season, to get my feet back under me before the distance drivers come out.
I've got a 171 Bio Getaway that's pretty beefy, but it's basically a backup for me so has never really been broken in. My 166 Bio is fantastic, started flying 9/5/-1/3 for me after a month or two of break-in and has stayed there. I love the lighter Bio Getaway but only bag it roughly half of the time; it fades like a Felon but glides like an Escape, so when I'm playing a course that needs that shot shape it's in the bag but when I'm not then I don't. It kind of shares a slot in my bag with my most stable Escape, a Moonshine. Typically I bag one or the other but not both.
A Lucid Getaway gets into true OS territory, so if you want something a couple ticks more stable than a Moonshine Escape I'd give that a try. My first run Lucid Getaway is basically just a glidey Felon that feels like an Escape. I don't really like it, but maybe that's the level of stability you're looking for.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2018, 07:45 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 76 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trout_smith View Post
Me 2. I wanted a Discraft equivalent to my Wizard. It was a dumb idea. There is no equivalent to a Wizards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was before I found wizards, I was looking for a beaded putter. Felt good in the store, felt floaty and unpredictable in the field.
The Wizard was the answer.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 53
Niced 69 Times in 34 Posts

Emac Truths. I like regular ol truths, but the Emacs....that tiny little extra bit of microbead or whatever it is, I dont throw them as well.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 538 Times in 426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrihan View Post
Emac Truths. I like regular ol truths, but the Emacs....that tiny little extra bit of microbead or whatever it is, I dont throw them as well.
Interesting. I like the Emac Truth more than the regular Truth. Its a bit thinner and faster than a normal Truth. Has more of an S curve flight to it too. I find that it can reach distances I can't quite touch with other mids.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:16 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 18
Niced 257 Times in 161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Interesting. I like the Emac Truth more than the regular Truth. Its a bit thinner and faster than a normal Truth. Has more of an S curve flight to it too. I find that it can reach distances I can't quite touch with other mids.
Interesting. The Emac has more of an S-curve for you than the Premac? What flight are you getting out of the Premac then...a gentle turnover?
Just curious because I feel like the Emac has a remarkably consistent flight path regardless of power level. Guys like me can throw them 250-280 and basically get a baby Teebird flight, whereas dudes like McCabe himself can still get a straight/no turn/moderate fade when thrown with signficantly more power. I have limited experience (around 25 throws) with a Premac but found it to be more of a tight S-curve flight at my power. However, I bag a Bio Emac that beat-in in a hot minute, so I found the Premac to be redundant for my bag.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:03 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 48
Niced 694 Times in 484 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
Huh? No way.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:32 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 53
Niced 69 Times in 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Interesting. The Emac has more of an S-curve for you than the Premac? What flight are you getting out of the Premac then...a gentle turnover?
Just curious because I feel like the Emac has a remarkably consistent flight path regardless of power level. Guys like me can throw them 250-280 and basically get a baby Teebird flight, whereas dudes like McCabe himself can still get a straight/no turn/moderate fade when thrown with signficantly more power. I have limited experience (around 25 throws) with a Premac but found it to be more of a tight S-curve flight at my power. However, I bag a Bio Emac that beat-in in a hot minute, so I found the Premac to be redundant for my bag.
I've only thrown one Emac Truth so my results may be skewed, but, I found that although the Premac Truth is less stable overall, when I do accidentally turn it over, it seems to be more forgiving than when I accidentally flipped the Emac Truths.

idk maybe its just the one Emac Truth I have but I dont find it as predictable as my Premac's
Old 11-09-2018, 03:48 PM

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 9
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Explorer: Everyone heralded it as a better Teebird. I threw mine a few times and couldn't justify bagging it over the F3 I already know and like better. I just like Prodigy's plastic more.

Same deal with the Getaway. I already bag a Culverin; why would I need a domier one?

Ballista Pro: I clearly don't have the arm speed to do anything other than 300' hyzer spikes with it. I already have a Mammoth that I trust more.

Not that these were bad discs... I just didn't get the hype when there's alternatives out there.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:42 PM
Par Member

Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts

Definitely the kastaplast falk. I could find absolutely no use for it. So domey yet entirely glideless. First thing I notice, it flips super fast out of the hand. Like right away, so, I give it some finesse and it flips up to flat and proceeds to find the ground immediately. So then I try a roller expecting it to flip over entirely too fast. It doesn't. I throw it as hard as I can and it won't roll.

Strangest disc I've ever thrown. 0/10

Old 11-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 20
Niced 173 Times in 79 Posts

4x destroyer

Niced: (1)