Old 11-22-2018, 04:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.1
Courses Played: 128
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,129 Times in 345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky Yutz View Post
I am puzzled by all the "speculation" about pros switching sponsors…..it will not affect me, nor likely anyone else, at all...it certainly will not cause me to switch discs...will YOU no longer throw Innova if McBeth is with Discraft?….unlikely....

I throw what I throw based on the disc and how it works for me, I have Innova, Westside, DD and Discraft in my bag right now, not likely to change anything based on what a pro does or doesn't throw. Paul can sign all the Aviars he wants, I don't like them and won't use them. Sticking with my Discraft Challenger and Fuzion Judge.

Or maybe I just don't get it...maybe who sponsors a pro is important, to the pro and the sponsoring company, but to the average schmuck hucking frisbees, probably means nothing at all....and I am definitely your average schmuck.

NOW, with all that having been said....I do understand that having a pro's name attached to your brand will probably help that brand sell better. My point is simply: Who really cares?

Someone please explain it to me, slowly, so I can figure out why anybody but Paul should be concerned about what company sponsors Paul.
I think it's just fandom, ya know? I don't think for most people it will majorly change their bag, or their ideas on how to build their own quiver...it might...it might not.

I'll put it like this - I'm a huge LSU fan right? I love when NFL teams draft former LSU players. I didn't change my allegiance to the Cards when they brought on Peterson and Mathieu, or to the Jags when they drafted Fournette, but I'm happy to follow their career and cheer for them (except for when they're going against my Saints).

People like to see other highly skilled people get recognition for their abilities and performance. It's fun to be more than just a player these days, it's fun to be a fan. From my perspective, I don't see anything outside of normal fandom native to pretty much every sport.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2018, 05:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,064 Times in 1,642 Posts

Quote:
I am puzzled by all the "speculation" about pros switching sponsors…..it will not affect me, nor likely anyone else, at all...it certainly will not cause me to switch discs...will YOU no longer throw Innova if McBeth is with Discraft?….unlikely....
What else in disc golf is there to talk about this time of year?...
Old 11-22-2018, 09:44 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 20 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
What else in disc golf is there to talk about this time of year?...
Barbeque???

Old 11-23-2018, 01:03 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 246 Times in 146 Posts

good prediction imo