Old 12-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 154
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 159 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrboy View Post
On sortof the same topic, what are the longest 18 holers in the USA?
Two that I have played are

Blue Valley 11049 ft.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1023

Creve Coeur 10224 ft.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=69

One I have yet to play that may be the mother of all bomber courses is Sequoyah State Park 16400 ft.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5795
Old 12-29-2015, 09:58 PM

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 54
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts

I'd nominate Blue Lake, Fairview, Ore. As was apparent in '14 worlds, it is 10296ft, 10 holes over 500ft, 5 holes over 700ft. Only 6 par 3s. A few holes are wooded but most are WIDE open.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:17 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierparknut View Post
I'd nominate Blue Lake, Fairview, Ore. As was apparent in '14 worlds, it is 10296ft, 10 holes over 500ft, 5 holes over 700ft. Only 6 par 3s. A few holes are wooded but most are WIDE open.
I have been watching the pros throw for 15 years and have never seen a final 9 that can equal what took place at Blue Lake in the 2014 Worlds. Wysocki and Mcbeth were unconscious.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:46 AM
Birdie Member

Three years ago I started this thread to help me find the top bomber courses and I think my search is over. Sequoyah State Park in Hulbert, OK is the bomb... much elevation and 16,400 ft. from the longs and there are only two holes under 50O ft. What's crazy is that of the 18 holes 15 are all downhill bombers. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5795

Because it is a ball golf course carts are available and it costs around $18 for a round or $5 without carts. Also a plus is you throw from the ball golfers grass tees which are beautifully manicured and about the size of a driveway... that way you don't tear up your shoes. Without doubt they have become my favorite surface to launch from. Have played Sequoyah about 5 times in the last couple of years and just love it. Though one must yield to ball golfers I have never seen it busy and as a result you can cruise around on your cart and empty the bag on any of your favorite holes... I have picked up 20 or more discs on many of the holes. Moreover disc golfers are welcomed by the working staff and are treated with respect just the same as ball golfers. So if you want to work on distance or just love ripping downhill bombs this is the place for you.

PS. When it comes to bomber courses Blue Valley in KC is baby sh#t along side of Sequoyah.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...wYeYnK2g4KoGlk
Old 12-01-2018, 05:35 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 133
Niced 77 Times in 42 Posts

I think The Rock at Stonewall in Germantown, NC would qualify. Same deal, DG on a ball golf course, carts are available (mando ?), and they have real baskets.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/cours...d=8724&mode=ci

How do those 50,000 mile baskets catch?

Good to hear they appreciate your money as much as the money from the guys in funny pants.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 33.8
Courses Played: 245
Niced 63 Times in 38 Posts

Don't remember the name,
island course in Quad-cities....
Old 12-01-2018, 08:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 166
Niced 560 Times in 381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by air show View Post
Three years ago I started this thread to help me find the top bomber courses and I think my search is over. Sequoyah State Park in Hulbert, OK is the bomb... much elevation and 16,400 ft. from the longs and there are only two holes under 50O ft. What's crazy is that of the 18 holes 15 are all downhill bombers. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5795

I was a little surprised to see Haikey Creek on your original list of honorable mentions. What about Redhawk? Decent selection of open shots though without lots of multi-par holes.

A couple I'm curious what you'd think of:
- Selah Creekside (maybe Lakeside too?) has some nice, long holes but not purely open.
- Harry Myers - also need some control with your distance.
- Treehouz in SW Missouri has some nice distance shots (on an old golf course) and very good elevation, but maybe a few more technical holes than you'd like.
- The Lodge Moccasin Creek might strike your fancy, also not too far from Tulsa
- Goat Hill in Oceanside, CA is one you'd definitely like, as others mentioned. Also on a golf course.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:45 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmay5 View Post
I think The Rock at Stonewall in Germantown, NC would qualify. Same deal, DG on a ball golf course, carts are available (mando ?), and they have real baskets.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/cours...d=8724&mode=ci

How do those 50,000 mile baskets catch?

Good to hear they appreciate your money as much as the money from the guys in funny pants.
If I could play any new course tomorrow it would be the Rock. The specs on that course look marvelous. Though 1000mi from my house it will have to be on my bucket list.

Also I thought the re-tire baskets at Sequoyah would suck but I was wrong. They have a whole different character but are great catching targets.. They just leave black marks all over your putters though.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
I was a little surprised to see Haikey Creek on your original list of honorable mentions. What about Redhawk? Decent selection of open shots though without lots of multi-par holes.

A couple I'm curious what you'd think of:
- Selah Creekside (maybe Lakeside too?) has some nice, long holes but not purely open.
- Harry Myers - also need some control with your distance.
- Treehouz in SW Missouri has some nice distance shots (on an old golf course) and very good elevation, but maybe a few more technical holes than you'd like.
- The Lodge Moccasin Creek might strike your fancy, also not too far from Tulsa
- Goat Hill in Oceanside, CA is one you'd definitely like, as others mentioned. Also on a golf course.
Been to Selah and Myers but Treehouz really turns my crank. Found two other ball golf courses... Pine Hills by Lansing, MI, and Pine Valley by Little Rock, AR. that have shuffled my top five all around. That Goat Hill course looks very Interesting though.