Old 12-05-2018, 10:14 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 9 Times in 6 Posts

I have a camo DD Ranger and absolutely love it. I originally bought a Commander bag but due to the lack of storage and too much of a boxy feel in the design, I returned it. Overall, I liked how the Ranger felt on my shoulders and the storage space is insanely good. But that storage space can also be a sly culprit. I carry about 16-18 discs in the main compartment and in the putter pocket a KC Pro Aviar and DD Classic Burst Judge. The cavernous top storage area of bag is great. I carry a variety of candy or protein bars, can of bug spray, sunscreen, two towels, two minis, couple of Cubs koozies, wallet, my vape, scorecards, hand warmer, Friction glove, and a couple other odds and ends. That's the problem...it's added weight. Throw on my bluetooth JBL hanging on the bag, a stainless steel 64oz water bottle in the large bottle holder and that weight adds up. I love having all of my stuff on the course! But, man, after 36 holes, I am drained from carrying the Ranger. Enter the solution....the DD ezCart. The bag fits perfectly secure on the black matte finished frame and the huge bonus for me is that due to the open frame design, all pockets are accessible. Bluetooth speaker is mounted to the cart with a couple velcro strips along with a couple towels hanging off bag and cart. It is easy to push or pull (with the dual handle bar mod) and has truly changed my game. I have more energy, my shoulders don't hurt after 18 or 36, and I have a newfound enjoyment for a two-hour round now because of the ezCart. I even have my stool stored on the side of the Ranger...quick easy access. Love. This. Combo! All starts with the DD Ranger bag.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Old 12-08-2018, 10:03 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ranger has a lot more storage for things other than discs. The Commander has the two side pockets that run the height of the bag, but theyre not super wide. The Ranger has the big pocket up top that can fit things like sweatshirts or jackets that might be too big for the Commanders side pockets.