Old 12-18-2018, 01:33 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 100
Niced 58 Times in 28 Posts

I can't imagine what they'd do to the D1, D2, or D3. They're great drivers.
They didn't suffer from the same blunt nose, slow out of the hand, problems that the H series did.

My only thought is that they're going to make versions that are a lot more overstable.
I can successfully get them up to speed so I'd imagine that Paju, Will, Jones, etc. have to be pretty careful about angles on release and wind direction. This wouldn't be a bad thing for the D1. For me, 400G D1s seem to hold their high speed stability for about 3-4 months (at most) of solid use. Then they start to develop some high speed turn. That's not a terrible thing but if I want a really reliable big headwind (Wichita, Texas, winter cold fronts) driver I don't want that turn.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2018, 07:53 PM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb3 View Post
I can't imagine what they'd do to the D1, D2, or D3. They're great drivers.
They didn't suffer from the same blunt nose, slow out of the hand, problems that the H series did.
I can't believe they're doing anything to the D1 and D2. This is the first time anything disc related has actually made me nervous. The only thing keeping me from throwing my wallet at the internet is the PDGA lists the H2 V2 as a "retooled version" but they don't have that same notation for the approved D1 V2, D2 V2, etc. I wonder if they're going to tweak the molds along the lines that Discraft has with their OS and SS semi-different molds. Please, please, please don't take my OG D1s and D2s....
Old 12-19-2018, 07:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,104 Times in 525 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseetailor View Post
Please, please, please don't take my OG D1s and D2s....
The old ones will remain in production.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-19-2018, 09:00 AM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
The old ones will remain in production.
This is confirmed? I'm sure little is known or confirmed at the moment given they were just approved, but I'm hope you're correct. If they do remain in production, they must be simply making more OS versions then--no sense in making understable versions of these molds.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
This is confirmed? I'm sure little is known or confirmed at the moment given they were just approved, but I'm hope you're correct. If they do remain in production, they must be simply making more OS versions then--no sense in making understable versions of these molds.
yes it is confirmed that the old ones will remain in production- i would not have posted it if i just made it up. i did not ask about the characteristics of the new discs. personally i would like for some of them to be more understable. i would imagine (note- conjecture) they will be a bit of a mixed bag.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:38 AM

Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
yes it is confirmed that the old ones will remain in production- i would not have posted it if i just made it up.
I wasn't accusing, just reaching for clarity. My apologies if it came across any differently. Now I'm more intrigued about these new versions. I'm surprised they didn't go down the X1v2 path before revamping the D series, but they've yet to miss with any v2 molds so I'll be very excited to get my hands on these.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I wasn't accusing, just reaching for clarity. My apologies if it came across any differently. Now I'm more intrigued about these new versions., but I'm surprised they didn't go down the X1v2 path before revamping the D seriesthey've yet to miss with any v2 molds so I'll be very excited to get my hands on these.
me too