Old 01-07-2019, 02:18 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 543 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I wrote som stuff about my testing ARCHER VS STING in the Archer tread.

For me the STING in Big-Z is more US than my Z, Ti and Big-Z Archer and flies quite different. . .

In short...The STING does one thing, it slowly turns right for a RHBH thrower. . .very predictable and nice to have

The ARCHER in Z flips up a then goes straight until it stalls out and drops. . in Ti and Big-Z it flips up and then slowly driftes right.. . if thrown low the ARCHER has to be released on a Hyzer or it will flip to the ground. . .you can throw i flat or with an anhyzer but then then you have to throw i high
Yeah having thrown only the Archer in Z, it is my easiest disc to do a right turn disc when I anhyzer the disc as well as end of flight roller/ backhand roller. The Archer in Z seems to be more multi use disc for me as well as a slower stright shot but then my midrange mold I use as a true midrange and a slow fairway mold do the same shot.

I am RHBH primarily player as well as a forehand low profile putter/slow midrange forehand putt player when I am needing a forehand shot.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2019, 03:15 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 480 Times in 273 Posts

The Big-Z STING and ARCHER are similar in flight . . .The ARCHER in Z is the "oddball" of the plastics with a unique flight

So very interested in the STING in Z
Old 01-07-2019, 03:26 AM
Eagle Member

When I say "Big-Z STING and ARCHER are similar in flight " thats not 100% correct, there are some differences thats hard for me to describe in English ( easy in Swedish )

But i will give it a try later today. . ( at work now )
Old 01-09-2019, 06:39 AM
Eagle Member

Made an order for Z and Ti STING, so i can try all the plastic types that the STING and ARCHER comes in against each other ..

For now the ARCHER in Z and Ti is in the bag. . .but i might change the ARCHER and ROADRUNNER for a Z/Big-Z STING combo. . one less mould in the bag
Old 01-10-2019, 09:17 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 32 Times in 20 Posts

What are you all partnering with your stings for a fairway set up?
Old 01-10-2019, 09:27 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 5
Niced 27 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr32 View Post
S-FD for neutral/stable, GStar Thunderbird for moderately overstable (I also like the Undertaker for this), Champ Thunderbird for very overstable.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:34 PM
Par Member

Niced 90 Times in 48 Posts

Machete, Undertaker x2, Sting
Old 01-11-2019, 03:15 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr32 View Post
164g Z Undertaker. . 174g Ti Undertaker. . 172g Ti Vulture . . 174g Big-Z Vulture . .172g Z Predator
Old 01-11-2019, 08:49 AM
Eagle Member

So i took my new Ti and Z STING out to the field today together with my old Big-Z and 3xARCHER in the same three plastics. .so total of six discs.

My goal was not to power throw them but more finesse throws in the 250-270feet range

My first throw was hilarious. .
I throw my Big-Z STING on a slight hyzer and it flew as it always does, flip up and slowly drifted far right
Then i throw the Ti at the same hyzer angle. .it didn´t even flip up to flat, it stayed on a slight hyzer angle and faded out at the end.
So the Big-Z ended up 50 feet to the right of my throwing line. . the Ti 50 feet to the left of the line. . so 100 feet apart!!

Last i throw the Z STING, and i throw it more flat and it started to drift right but still came back left in the end

after throwing all three for an hour i would give them the following flight numbers:

Big-Z. . 7, 5, -3,5, 0
Z. . . . 7, 5, -2, 1
Ti. . . .7, 5, -1,5, 1

all three of the ARCHER are more stable than the Big-Z STING but less stable than the Z and Ti STING
But the ARCER have a differenf flight and is more of a mid . . STING is more a fairway.

Not sure yet what will make the bag. . Big-Z STING can do things no other disc in my bag can. . and the Ti STING is super straight if thrown low with a slight hyzer.

But the ARCHER is super fun to throw on tight lines in the woods. .

Old 01-11-2019, 02:54 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 46 Times in 31 Posts

Good run down Jolt. The Sting has been what I have wanted the Star and Pro Leopards to be, dependable US fairways. The Big Z Sting is very dependable for anhyzers that turn consistently without burning into the ground. It even functions better than the US mids I have used (Stingray, Tursas, & Meteor) for those kinds of shots. As for the Ti Sting, I use it for placement shots. Again, I tend to use it as others use their stable mids.

As for what I pair it with. Fuzion Felon - Ti Vulture - Fuzion Escape - Ti & Big Z Sting.