Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #71  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:47 AM
Owensjef Owensjef is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Dayton, OH
Courses Played: 16
Posts: 199
Niced 124 Times in 60 Posts
Default

2 ring avair> big hiatus from golf >p1x>judge

Started with an old 2 ring aviar from high school. Quit playing for 15 years. Started again and ordered a discmania mystery box in 2017. I started using the p1x in the box, loved it. Took over a month to find a backup, got fed up with lack of availability, and switched to a judge. Now I'm happy

So 16 years, but really about a year
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Owensjef; 01-11-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,090
Niced 541 Times in 460 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankeye View Post
After 18+ years of dabbling in this sport, I am still looking...

Going to try a ringer gt now
One of My Cousins has a ton of success using that disc off the tee as well as for his putting putter, also the Steady Ed is a Ringer without the grove top if you do not like that on a disc.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:12 PM
jdm0514 jdm0514 is online now
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 68
Niced 39 Times in 16 Posts
Default

P2 got bag stolen> Zero hard pure couldn't find more 176 g's > classic aviars these have been my main putter for awhile. But lately I've have lost total confidence in them. I'm trying out a buddy's classic blend judges tomorrow to see if I should make a switch.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:34 PM
DoOgSauce DoOgSauce is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IDAHO!
Courses Played: 65
Posts: 502
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Ask me tomorrow. Hunters have been in my bag as long as any other putter. I have green and pink protege plastic and they feel so different. For now green is my winter blend and the pink are for the warmer months. If I can't find more like the green ones soon, I may switch up to one of the numerous other aviar clones or try out some of prodigy's offerings. I love my 350g pa1's but they are too beefy for putting.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:49 PM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
I Don't Actually Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 7,876
Niced 1,531 Times in 1,190 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm0514 View Post
P2 got bag stolen> Zero hard pure couldn't find more 176 g's > classic aviars these have been my main putter for awhile. But lately I've have lost total confidence in them. I'm trying out a buddy's classic blend judges tomorrow to see if I should make a switch.
You might look at the Marshal, as well. Bead not as big as the Judge's, stability between the P2 and Pure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOgSauce View Post
Ask me tomorrow. Hunters have been in my bag as long as any other putter. I have green and pink protege plastic and they feel so different. For now green is my winter blend and the pink are for the warmer months. If I can't find more like the green ones soon, I may switch up to one of the numerous other aviar clones or try out some of prodigy's offerings. I love my 350g pa1's but they are too beefy for putting.
The 350g Pa3 is an excellent putter in that great 350g plastic, and not as beefy as the Pa1 (Pa3 is very straight putter)

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:51 AM
DoOgSauce DoOgSauce is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: IDAHO!
Courses Played: 65
Posts: 502
Niced 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post

The 350g Pa3 is an excellent putter in that great 350g plastic, and not as beefy as the Pa1 (Pa3 is very straight putter)
I don't know if I can go back to a beaded putter. I will feel a few up the next time I am disc shopping.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-13-2019, 04:22 AM
Plankeye's Avatar
Plankeye Plankeye is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Reidsville, NC
Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 40
Posts: 1,699
Niced 49 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
One of My Cousins has a ton of success using that disc off the tee as well as for his putting putter, also the Steady Ed is a Ringer without the grove top if you do not like that on a disc.
I like it. My thumb fits perfectly at the inner edge of the groove top.

I picked up a z flx ringer gt for teeshots

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-13-2019, 09:28 AM
SD86's Avatar
SD86 SD86 is offline
I Don't Actually Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 7,876
Niced 1,531 Times in 1,190 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoOgSauce View Post
I don't know if I can go back to a beaded putter. I will feel a few up the next time I am disc shopping.
The Prodigy Pa4 is non-beaded but otherwise like the Pa3 in its flight. I think it comes in 350g plastic, also.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:11 PM
jcassidy1990's Avatar
jcassidy1990 jcassidy1990 is offline
Reptilian Disc Golf
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,674
Niced 484 Times in 189 Posts
Default

I found the Kastaplast Reko in early 2016.
I've putted with them ever since.

They have the perfect feel for my hands & putting style.

My path to the Reko went:
Voodoo - Ion - Wizard - Reko

There was a lot of other mixed between but nothing that I was overly invested in.

Now I have a short stack of K3 Reko that do most of my short work.

I recently added a P3x to my bag as it basically feels and flies like a RekoOS. I've always wanted a bigger beaded Reko and the P3x fits that bill nicely.
Reply With Quote
 

  #80  
Old 01-13-2019, 10:52 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,090
Niced 541 Times in 460 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankeye View Post
I like it. My thumb fits perfectly at the inner edge of the groove top.

I picked up a z flx ringer gt for teeshots
My cousin has the never mind... he had Bangors I always mic of bangor GT and Ringer GT
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What do you find more challenging...a long, heavily wooded course, or a windy open hawkeye007 General Disc Golf Chat 42 12-23-2018 11:32 AM
How did you find the one(Putter)? GirdleRoc Discs 60 07-10-2014 09:20 PM
Help me find a putter! jchoate7 Discs 25 05-15-2013 10:24 PM
Help me find my new PUTTER please ThomasOrion Discs 58 04-07-2011 11:15 AM
Long Range Putter, Putter Driver and Placement Approach Disc djjeremiahj Bag Suggestions & Feedback 4 12-13-2010 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.