Old 01-14-2019, 05:25 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 66
Niced 9 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocheez View Post
Also... "Future Home of the Paul McBeth Disc Golf Training Center Highbridge Hill Disc Golf Megaplex Campus"
I propose that it be named, "The Highbridge Hills Paul McBeth training center for disc golfers who can't throw good, and wanna learn to do other stuff good too."
Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2019, 06:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 229
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 193 Times in 106 Posts

Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Resort

Niced: (1)
Old 01-14-2019, 06:12 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 49.3
Courses Played: 47
Niced 391 Times in 171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
I think it's fair to say that the Highbridge Hills II thread PEAKED.
Nah. It'll be "resurrected" when the time comes.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:14 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 111 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
Hyzerplex
Highbridge Hills Hyzerplex.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:16 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 33.8
Courses Played: 245
Niced 63 Times in 38 Posts

Highbridge Disc Golf Multi-Plex......
Old 01-14-2019, 06:17 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Crippler View Post
Nah. It'll be "resurrected" when the time comes.
I think a new name means new thread, but otherwise whats the point? So much history here and checking post in both threads is painful
Old 01-14-2019, 06:49 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 715
Niced 41 Times in 15 Posts

I don't know how you can name it anything other than Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Mecca. You would lose way more brand recognition value from changing the name than any degree of negative connotation you would endure by keeping it. Furthermore, it is the mecca. It's been the mecca since Worlds was held there. Some things just name themselves...
Old 01-14-2019, 06:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 110
Niced 595 Times in 293 Posts

Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Mecca-Plex?

Niced: (1)
Old 01-14-2019, 07:41 PM

Niced 18 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cox3 View Post
I don't know how you can name it anything other than Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Mecca. You would lose way more brand recognition value from changing the name than any degree of negative connotation you would endure by keeping it. Furthermore, it is the mecca. It's been the mecca since Worlds was held there. Some things just name themselves...
Not that my opinion matters but I have to disagree. As a marketer, I believe a rebrand is in order here and I think MM knows that. People have been associating 'Mecca' with it's (poor) history for years and it would probably be good to convey the new ownership via a rebrand. Using the word 'Highbridge' in the new name is enough to maintain enough brand recognition.

I always thought 'Mecca" was a bit cheesy myself.

A good way to convey that this place is under more professional ownership is to give it a more professional name. I liked the suggestion "Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Resort". It's classy, but #1 I think it's still yet to be seen how much of it will be a "resort". Because really the main product here is disc golf, not lodging. #2 That name doesn't quite do enough to communicate/differentiate the new ownership.

Something as simple as "Highbridge Hills Royal Disc Golf". It's probably not exciting anyone but it would serve it's job well. Tagging a new classy word to represent a new beginning without losing brand recognition. It's still Highbridge, but it's different now.

Or if you were going to dare to drop "highbridge" completely, maybe something that pays homage to the land like "Penokee Range Disc Golf". oooo, I like the sound of that.

Don't do the bragging in the name ("mecca"). Let others brag for it

Last edited by Zorthog DISCussions; 01-14-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:01 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorthog DISCussions View Post
Not that my opinion matters but I have to disagree. As a marketer, I believe a rebrand is in order here and I think MM knows that. People have been associating 'Mecca' with it's (poor) history for years and it would probably be good to convey the new ownership via a rebrand. Using the word 'Highbridge' in the new name is enough to maintain enough brand recognition.

I always thought 'Mecca" was a bit cheesy myself.

A good way to convey that this place is under more professional ownership is to give it a more professional name. I liked the suggestion "Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Resort". It's classy, but #1 I think it's still yet to be seen how much of it will be a "resort". Because really the main product here is disc golf, not lodging. #2 That name doesn't quite do enough to communicate/differentiate the new ownership.

Something as simple as "Highbridge Hills Royal Disc Golf". It's probably not exciting anyone but it would serve it's job well. Tagging a new classy word to represent a new beginning without losing brand recognition. It's still Highbridge, but it's different now.

Or if you were going to dare to drop "highbridge" completely, maybe something that pays homage to the land like "Penokee Range Disc Golf". oooo, I like the sound of that.

Don't do the bragging in the name ("mecca"). Let others brag for it
Penokee Mountain Disc Golf Course & Campground?