Old 01-16-2019, 11:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 208
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 248 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
I agree. A player retrieving their disc from the basket after a putt can't really be called for interference or for being a distraction to the next player. The next player, if he can't wait to throw, should say something to the effect of "leave it" if he wishes to putt without waiting for the first player to retrieve his disc and clear out of the way. Otherwise, they should wait.

There was a time (prior to the 2011 edition of the rule book) where the rules stated that one wasn't properly holed out until their disc came to rest in the target and remained there until it was removed from the target. In other words, the next player shouldn't throw with another disc in the basket because the first player wasn't finished holing out until he'd pulled his disc from the basket.

Lots of players, myself included, automatically go to retrieve their disc immediately after making the putt due to that old rule, with no consideration to the possibility that someone else is going to not give us the time to do it by putting immediately.
Ah, the old wedgie/nub hanger putt. Better run and get it before it falls out or it doesn't count!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2019, 11:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 47.2
Courses Played: 59
Niced 293 Times in 167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Ramen Arm View Post
I roll with the flow. If I see someone getting ready to putt I’ll wait but it’s pretty clear when someone wants you to get your disc out... they just look at you haha.
Same goes with me putting after someone. If they go for the basket I wait but If they just stand there I have no issue putting with another disc in the chains

This exactly. Last to putt scooping out the basket and frisbeeing back to owners is one of my favorite things and common in my casual groups. (Even for Kevin’s lumpy gross soft magnet and Tom’s greasy oMegas.)

We needs a poll on this one? Something like ... I always clear and expect others to always clear, In tourney/league play I always clear and expect it, I clear always but do not expect others to, clearing and expectation variable on the group, I rarely clear unless asked first

Niced: (1)

Last edited by MarkDSM; 01-16-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:56 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 208
Niced 248 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDSM View Post
This exactly. Last to putt scooping out the basket and frisbeeing back to owners is one of my favorite things and common in my casual groups. (Even for Kevin’s lumpy gross soft magnet and Tom’s greasy oMegas.)

We needs a poll on this one? Something like ... I always clear and expect others to always clear, In tourney/league play I always clear and expect it, I clear always but do not expect others to, clearing and expectation variable on the group, I rarely clear unless asked first
My option would be "I always try to clear but if I see someone lining up a putt I wait".

Niced: (3)

Old 01-16-2019, 12:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,543 Times in 1,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
My option would be "I always try to clear but if I see someone lining up a putt I wait".
This would be my choice in casual settings. In competition...I'm clearing it regardless of what the next guy is doing. And I'm not pausing five feet away with my back to the basket/thrower after I've retrieved the disc either. I'm going to keep moving until I'm well out of the thrower's line, then I'm turning around to watch. If the thrower can't wait for that, too bad.