#1  
Old 01-18-2019, 10:37 PM
turbosteve's Avatar
turbosteve turbosteve is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Rock Hill
Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 861
Niced 44 Times in 30 Posts
Default Paul McBeth prototypes

How many is discraft making in this run?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-21-2019, 10:24 AM
fishballer06 fishballer06 is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: PA
Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 15
Posts: 74
Niced 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Well, I believe they're officially PDGA approved now, so I'm sure we'll be seeing production stamped runs shortly.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:04 AM
RocBottom RocBottom is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 258
Niced 46 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Super glad that Paul's discs will be production runs. I loved the tour series runs, but I always felt like they were more for collecting. Glad I can throw these discs and not be torn if I were to lose one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Plankeye's Avatar
Plankeye Plankeye is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Reidsville, NC
Years Playing: 19
Courses Played: 40
Posts: 1,699
Niced 49 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Rumor only 5k with the 1st run stamp on them
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2019, 05:13 PM
GripEnemy's Avatar
GripEnemy GripEnemy is offline
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,746
Niced 498 Times in 285 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankeye View Post
Rumor only 5k with the 1st run stamp on them
Curious how many will actually be thrown, and how many will be stockpiled for resale in the future. Disc golf is getting as bad as scalping tickets.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2019, 12:27 AM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,099
Niced 543 Times in 462 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Curious how many will actually be thrown, and how many will be stockpiled for resale in the future. Disc golf is getting as bad as scalping tickets.
I know a guy who is throwing the Prototype Luna on YouTube, Rec Rob. He is throwing the disc rather then keeping it as a collector disc. RR does keep discs to collect but he field tested the disc and loved it. Just in case the plastic type changes he is throwing the mold rather then collecting the disc as he love the plastic, and if the others are not as good well he has his non putter disc as a thrower. RR Uses more Putter molds for driving and approach then most even when he was using other companies.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-24-2019, 10:25 AM
Future_Primitive's Avatar
Future_Primitive Future_Primitive is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 117
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,387
Niced 435 Times in 189 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankeye View Post
Rumor only 5k with the 1st run stamp on them
Updated, from a Discraft Team member interview it was 10,000 of each with first run stamps.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-28-2019, 01:10 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 944
Niced 471 Times in 269 Posts
Default

In this video he is talking about that the Prototype putter is going to be "tweaked" before Discraft will release it as LUNA

Why . . and what will they tweak?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhkBwpRPbDI
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-28-2019, 05:06 PM
JC17393 JC17393 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 7,039
Niced 2,526 Times in 1,060 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
In this video he is talking about that the Prototype putter is going to be "tweaked" before Discraft will release it as LUNA

Why . . and what will they tweak?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhkBwpRPbDI
If the disc they just released is going to be "tweaked" and therefore never produced again as is, what was the point of releasing it at all? Sell a bunch of discs that players might like and then yank it away so that those players can't replace it?

I mean, I understand that there is variability from run to run with discs and that one run might come out slightly or noticeably different than a previous one, but some of that can't really be helped (due to factors that are either too costly, complicated, or impossible to control). But deliberately creating that sort of thing seems a step beyond.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 01-28-2019, 06:10 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is offline
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,099
Niced 543 Times in 462 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
If the disc they just released is going to be "tweaked" and therefore never produced again as is, what was the point of releasing it at all? Sell a bunch of discs that players might like and then yank it away so that those players can't replace it?

I mean, I understand that there is variability from run to run with discs and that one run might come out slightly or noticeably different than a previous one, but some of that can't really be helped (due to factors that are either too costly, complicated, or impossible to control). But deliberately creating that sort of thing seems a step beyond.
Well it could be just the plastic tweaked on the disc and really just a ploy to have people buy more discs. Just my guess but the New blend of plastic for the Luna might be made slick by adding in something to make the plastic slick so it feels even closer to the McBeth Pro/new Touring Pro Plastic.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SmashBoxxTV Presents Battle at Blue Lake - Paul McBeth, Paul Ulibarri, Steve Rico, Ke Old Bassman Tournaments & Leagues 7 08-11-2014 05:33 PM
Ask Paul McBeth thread? daxfas26 General Disc Golf Chat 12 11-22-2013 08:07 PM
Paul McBeth S-P2! DiscNutt123 The Marketplace 0 05-24-2013 09:45 AM
Paul McBeth S P2's Rocaholic74 The Marketplace 1 04-19-2013 09:24 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.