Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 02-10-2019, 04:42 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 82 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
The sudden Discraft shift is actually making me want to dump the Buzzz from my bag...freaking posers with their Lunas and McBuzzzes, McZones, McForces and McUndertakers...
Lol!

I also threw Discraft before it was cool. Those were the days!
Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2019, 07:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,239 Times in 591 Posts

I wish Paul the best and look forward to watching him play (as always), but I'm not changing what I throw because of him. Besides an occasional Nova, I never threw anything he threw when he was with Innova anyway, and my bag is mostly Innova!

I started with Discraft, then got annoyed with Discraft and I feel no great urge to run back to them. But if they bounce MTL, I'll think about giving them another shot.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:08 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 543 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
This is my assumption too. Discraft isn't going to make enough in profits in the next few years to offset the McSalary. But they're looking more long term than that, and they need to grab market share and make more lifetime Zone and Wasp throwers that will still buy Discraft long after Paul is gone.
Discraft has also in 2018: put the Disc numbers that All the other companies use, done more on the Discraft Youtube channel, and started a Discraft Underground channel as well as partner with Star Wars stuff though Disney that owns the whole entire franchise. Discraft has upgraded its main site in 2018, and upgraded its plastic lineup by adding Titanium as a production run as well as updating the ESP to have swirl in the disc.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:14 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 543 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
Lol!

I also threw Discraft before it was cool. Those were the days!
Same and I use most of my Discraft molds ones that are unpopular or OOP by Discraft right now so I get it. The only Discraft molds I use that is popular is the Magnet and then the Archer is popular too as a right flight disc as well as Backhand end of flight roller.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 88 Times in 52 Posts

Never look at flight numbers. I look at the rim, look at the dome, then at the weight, check wind conditions, throw the disc and if it works it goes in my bag. I found the whole flight number thing to be rather pointless since a number of the discs I get are not always true to the mold, throwing them seems to work the best for rating a disc.

Moreover, if I fail to get the proper form, not enough velocity, snap is off, turn my hips late, and then there's the whole reach back thing and last but not least a bit of grip lock or not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkka_Sinisalo View Post
The game is worse because of how discraft rated their discs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
No, he's saying it's worse because there are people who wouldn't/won't buy certain discs because of the flight numbers stamped on them.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-11-2019, 12:13 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 763 Times in 524 Posts

It used to be the only place I saw a ton of Discraft was when I was playing in MI a fair bit, now you see a lot of people throwing them. Personally I like their discs, but have never found one that was the best fit for me. The Force, Buzzz, Force, Drone and Nuke all made cameos in my bag but never stuck.

The only one I wonder about is the Flick. Had I found it before the Firebird things may be very different.

Paul will likely play well with them, and I hope he does. I still won’t buy any unless it’s a good deal on somethat that sounds appealing, but it’s good to see their huge play doing something.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,080 Times in 1,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
It used to be the only place I saw a ton of Discraft was when I was playing in MI a fair bit, now you see a lot of people throwing them. Personally I like their discs, but have never found one that was the best fit for me. The Force, Buzzz, Force, Drone and Nuke all made cameos in my bag but never stuck.

The only one I wonder about is the Flick. Had I found it before the Firebird things may be very different.

Paul will likely play well with them, and I hope he does. I still won’t buy any unless it’s a good deal on somethat that sounds appealing, but it’s good to see their huge play doing something.
Next time you are in a shop that has discraft, see if they have any of the puddle top Flicks. You should try one out just for funzies.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-11-2019, 10:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 33.8
Courses Played: 98
Niced 367 Times in 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic Thunder View Post
throw the disc and if it works it goes in my bag.

I still don't understand how a disc with McName on it flies different than the same disc without McName
Old 02-11-2019, 12:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 166
Niced 559 Times in 380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAnhyzer View Post

I still don't understand how a disc with McName on it flies different than the same disc without McName
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise: the stamp is the most important feature on these discs.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 105 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise: the stamp is the most important feature on these discs.
What??? All this time I thought it was the color.

Niced: (1)