Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 02-16-2019, 11:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 99 Times in 52 Posts

I never found the mold to be inconsistent. I have about 20 examples that all fly pretty much as expected. Have yet to own unusually overstable or understable trespass. But I suppose things can change. Perhaps the sourced plastic they are working with right now isn't molding up as well.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-17-2019, 12:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.1
Courses Played: 49
Niced 199 Times in 132 Posts

I likewise have quite a sample size. None of which start out flippy, more on the straight-stable side. I suppose my newest ones are from early last season, couple Fuzion and lucid (and lucid x, different animal), so could be the newest ones are flippy.

They definitely beat into flippy, which is a double edged sword.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:47 AM
Par Member

Niced 25 Times in 24 Posts

I have just started throwing these, but haven't really found them to be too terribly inconsistent....at least not enough for me to think it's the disc as opposed to my own form or release
Old 02-17-2019, 11:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 542 Times in 429 Posts

I figure I've thrown 10-15 Trespasses in biofuzion, fuzion, and lucid plastic. MOST of them seem fairly decent and will hold a nice S curve line out past 400'.

These latest 2 I've thrown just didn't get it done. Neither disc was noticeably worn. Way too flippy for my liking. Felt like I was throwing a Mamba. The last Trespass I tried was even more finicky than my G* Shryke.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,132 Times in 1,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I figure I've thrown 10-15 Trespasses in biofuzion, fuzion, and lucid plastic. MOST of them seem fairly decent and will hold a nice S curve line out past 400'.

These latest 2 I've thrown just didn't get it done. Neither disc was noticeably worn. Way too flippy for my liking. Felt like I was throwing a Mamba. The last Trespass I tried was even more finicky than my G* Shryke.
Is the PLH pretty different on them compared to other more typical Trespasses?

I haven't thrown any recent runs. In general I have seen them between -1/2.5 and -2/2 when fresh and I could tell the difference from PLH before throwing. Then they can definitely beat in to that -3/1.5...and will flip like mad if you give them any torque when they are beat in.

Have you tried Lucid-X? I haven't and everyone says they are quite OS, which you might like at your arm speed.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 542 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Is the PLH pretty different on them compared to other more typical Trespasses?

I haven't thrown any recent runs. In general I have seen them between -1/2.5 and -2/2 when fresh and I could tell the difference from PLH before throwing. Then they can definitely beat in to that -3/1.5...and will flip like mad if you give them any torque when they are beat in.

Have you tried Lucid-X? I haven't and everyone says they are quite OS, which you might like at your arm speed.
I haven't tried Lucid X, nor am I familiar with it. What makes that plastic different than regular lucid?
Old 02-17-2019, 10:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,132 Times in 1,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I haven't tried Lucid X, nor am I familiar with it. What makes that plastic different than regular lucid?
Apparently it's way firmer. I haven't handled any Lucid X discs. I saw Emac using Lucid X Trespasses in one of the later tournament videos last year, I think even for power FH shots. Whatever it was for the disc kept getting thrown and I would have thought it was one of his Enforcers.

Eric Oakley also uses the Lucid X Felons for true overstable flights, whereas normal Lucid definitely turns. Apparently it's a pretty major difference.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:56 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 18
Niced 258 Times in 162 Posts

I've got a couple Lucid-X discs, a Felon and a Trespass. Both are way more overstable than any other Felons or Trespasses I've thrown. My L-X Trespass flies like a longer and glidier Biofuzion Enforcer; I really like it. My L-X Felon is the most overstable disc I own.

I also own an Opto-X Ballista Pro, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Old 02-17-2019, 11:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 16
Niced 99 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Apparently it's way firmer. I haven't handled any Lucid X discs. I saw Emac using Lucid X Trespasses in one of the later tournament videos last year, I think even for power FH shots. Whatever it was for the disc kept getting thrown and I would have thought it was one of his Enforcers.

Eric Oakley also uses the Lucid X Felons for true overstable flights, whereas normal Lucid definitely turns. Apparently it's a pretty major difference.
More or less this. It's a much more rigid plastic blend that lends itself to molding up with more dome and higher PLH. My guess would be that the plastic simply doesn't "sag" as much when it cures / cools.

My Lucid-X trespasses all have a little pop-top dome around the injection nipple / center of the flight plate and a minutely higher PLH.

I would say that in the Trespass these differences manifest in a 0/2.5 kind of flight where as all other plastics vary between -1 or -1.5 / 2 for me. So, noticeably more high speed stability, but doesn't really add much more to the low speed stability. A little, but not much.

All that said, the Lucid-X were a late addition to my bag last summer, and I can't yet speak to the durability vs. standard lucid. Will that added high speed stability last any meaningful amount of time? I do not know.

Last edited by Jkosk; 02-17-2019 at 11:03 PM.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:38 PM

Niced 6 Times in 4 Posts

I've got a nice pop top max weight Fuzion that I'm starting to use as my workhorse driver, but I would like a more OS version to go with it.

Should I get the Lucid-x or the Moonshine? (Basically, which is more overstable?) I'm replacing a Prodigy D1 (little much for my armspeed) so I'm wanting this to be pretty overstable.