Old 02-07-2019, 06:15 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 125 Times in 76 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lines View Post
Who likes putting with Nikkos?
Who likes driving with Nikkos?
I have and Eraser one, but its not getting used much. Nothing wrong with it, but the thinner flight plate makes it feel lighter in my hand compared to my main putter. Its probably all in my head, but I always seem to hit top band with it when Im practice putting with a stack. I prefer to drive with PW so I havent really thrown it.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 02-07-2019, 10:21 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 543 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audible Vibration View Post
I have and Eraser one, but its not getting used much. Nothing wrong with it, but the thinner flight plate makes it feel lighter in my hand compared to my main putter. Its probably all in my head, but I always seem to hit top band with it when Im practice putting with a stack. I prefer to drive with PW so I havent really thrown it.
Nikko Wizards are the older type top to the disc mold, the one where the inner part of top of the disc is thinner then outer part of top of the disc. At least that is what I was told and saw online from Nikko.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 65
Niced 73 Times in 55 Posts

I have a proto blend Nikko that I bought in hopes of it being my putting putter. My super beat proto wizard is now my long range putter.
The Nikko may make my main putter spot, but right now I am using a sick pair of firms.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 70 Times in 48 Posts

I got a stack of firm second generation nikkos and they are probably on the stiffer side off ss so they have a little flex. The stiff nikkos have a flat top, low shoulder and a smooth surface.
The first generation Nikkos are softer.
I don't have much time with any of them.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 461 Times in 256 Posts

Split a Suregrip wizard right down the middle by drilling a tree about 100ft out. Its funny to notice the inside of the rim had bubbles in it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_img_20190216_135309.jpg (77.5 KB, 74 views)

Old 02-16-2019, 07:33 PM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

The first runs of the Nikko's (the one without the circle of chains) were a bit too soft to putt with; They were marked sss. I been using them as an upshot disc, need to beat them in to be more of a voodoo type stability and they should be perfect.

Got another pair of Nikko's, this time in eraser and the firmness was much better for putting for me. Have not used it in and warm weather, but would feel like the flight plate might be too soft. Will probably switch to a firmer blend if the warmer months, but these ER Nikko's are good for the others. In Oregon, where it rains, this blend still putts well with a damp flight plate, and the thin plate helps with the grip when a bit wet.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 98
Niced 80 Times in 53 Posts

IMO, the firm run of Nikko Wizards is in the "Top 3" of all wizards runs since its inception. They drive like a Proto...and putt like a proto...just a bit firmer of a feel to them. The Eraser Nikko's are pretty solid upshot disc's as well. Have a little more stick'em to them ;-)
Old 02-24-2019, 02:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 53
Niced 137 Times in 75 Posts

Looking at getting back into the wizard game. I see a lot of people talking about the Nikkos and PW. What are the favorites to putt and drive with these days? I have always been a pretty firm putter guy.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:27 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 148
Niced 1,327 Times in 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
Looking at getting back into the wizard game. I see a lot of people talking about the Nikkos and PW. What are the favorites to putt and drive with these days? I have always been a pretty firm putter guy.
They have gone back to calling the firm Soft's "firm" so that makes it easier for you and me to find Wizards. For several years I had to dig through Softs looking for the firmest Softs I could find. They were out there, you just had to feel them first.

I'm like the only Gateway putter guy I know who isn't into the PW. It's not as firm as I was hoping and it has a tacky grip-thing that I'm not into. It's OK, but I paid extra for OK. When I pay extra I want "clearly better." It wasn't clearly better.

The Nikko's again are OK but they felt weird in the hand, something about the flight plate seemed off. And they cost more. One of the things I always loved about Wizards was they were simple. S-Line Wizards, used to get misprints for $5 all day long. If I suddenly lost all my Wizards and had to start over, S-Line Firm Wizards all day long and look for a misprint deal.

Niced: (2)

Old 02-24-2019, 04:08 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 144
Niced 89 Times in 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
I'd go with Firms. They are the stiffest ones in production that I've found.