Old 07-10-2015, 11:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 217 Times in 144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by damagedLIVER View Post
Will the Valley, Notch and Arch only come in the new "micro chunk" color scheme or will they do some normal colored/style runs also?
Looking over the selection at DGCenter, most the Valleys they had were one solid color, or nearly so.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2015, 12:26 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 22 Times in 11 Posts

I'm pretty sure that Vibram is going to either solid color or micro chunk only on new runs
Old 07-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Valley is solid-color. I have a green, which is regrettable, but it does seem to stick out at night, because it's a lighter color.

The elastomer seems pretty nice for the newer runs. Has good grip and durability, like it should have... I've found the Valley to be a very consistent disc. It's not as fast as I thought initially, but it's still very consistent. I have a much better idea about where/when the Valley is going to turn over versus a Trak, which was sort of a guessing game, though both discs are very straight. The Valley is very solid for forehand and controlled driver shots.
Old 07-10-2015, 04:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 43
Niced 439 Times in 224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustYourRubber View Post
Valley is solid-color. I have a green, which is regrettable, but it does seem to stick out at night, because it's a lighter color.

The elastomer seems pretty nice for the newer runs. Has good grip and durability, like it should have... I've found the Valley to be a very consistent disc. It's not as fast as I thought initially, but it's still very consistent. I have a much better idea about where/when the Valley is going to turn over versus a Trak, which was sort of a guessing game, though both discs are very straight. The Valley is very solid for forehand and controlled driver shots.
How would you rate it on the Innova scale now?
Old 07-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 17
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have two of them. A 155M and a 174M.

Im quickly loving the 155M. It can flip up at full power for me and just glide straight and stable before a 10-15 foot fade. If I put it on a slight hyzer release it will hold that all the way through the flight too. The 175 is a different animal. That is super in the wind and doesn't flip up on me at all unless I put it on a good anhyzer release but it will work out of it to still finish left. I like it.

I'd rate them at 8 5 -.5 and 2
Old 07-11-2015, 08:14 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocheez View Post
How would you rate it on the Innova scale now?
I'd say 7 5 -0.5 1. I'm starting to get more turn out of it with usage. I have a 171 medium. It seems a little faster than the Trak, but I don't know if it's a speed 8, like the Ascent. It definitely has a lot more beef than the Trak. Not a-scared of a headwind with the Valley.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.7
Courses Played: 30
Niced 97 Times in 63 Posts

Got the Valley in and took it with me over the weekend. Have to say I'm underwhelmed after a handful of throws. Nothing close to the ratings reported on either of the sites I looked at, and no flight even close to that shown on the bottom of the flight plate. Were I to rate it now, I'd say it's 7/4/0/2, which is nothing I need or want.

I'll toss it another few rounds, likely only as a second throw so I can compare it directly with other discs I carry. Perhaps I'll figure out how to work it into something useful.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:07 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFL View Post
Got the Valley in and took it with me over the weekend. Have to say I'm underwhelmed after a handful of throws. Nothing close to the ratings reported on either of the sites I looked at, and no flight even close to that shown on the bottom of the flight plate. Were I to rate it now, I'd say it's 7/4/0/2, which is nothing I need or want.

I'll toss it another few rounds, likely only as a second throw so I can compare it directly with other discs I carry. Perhaps I'll figure out how to work it into something useful.
That was the concern that a lot of folks had too. Wouldn't be something that they need or want... have to say that it's more consistent than the Trak though. I've liked it so far, but I still have a soft Trak for fairway shots and approaches. I also use the unLace from the fairway when I need to make a really great shot to make up for a bad tee shot.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:31 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.7
Courses Played: 30
Niced 97 Times in 63 Posts

If it's meant as a replacement for the Trak, it would work for that, I'd say. I use the Trak as a long mid-range, and the Valley could certainly replace my Trak. The thing is, I'm not certain I'm going to keep carrying the Trak for the little use that it got--I can power down a TL for those same shots.

My son also has a new Valley. I'll toss his for comparison. Perhaps it's just inconsistency in the molding.

Old 07-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 17
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have you ever been amazed by a disc after a handful of throws? I know I haven't.

The more I've worked with the Valley the more I see how it can become a pretty good staple in my bag. I can trust it more than my River especially in the wind. I really like throwing the 155M. I'm one of the few that will go throw in the field though so I've got probably well over a 100 throws on both my 155 and 174.