Old 07-19-2015, 09:31 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

To everyone that's posted + others

Just went out to a field to throw a few times with a power grip, I actually got around the same distance as I do with my normal throw, so hopefully I can get use to it.

Also my TeeBird throws were alot better then with my old grip. Many times did it go farther then my Tern/ other discs
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane2453 View Post
It's a DX teebird

I'm still probably going to use my champion boss for sidearm throws where I have to curve the disk around an object and make it land to the right.. Certain holes at my home course work really well for this

And what's the benefit of getting a heavier putter? Also tell me about the DX Eagle X/ Star Teebird if you could =]
If the DX Teebird is going right on you, learn to hyzer flip it, it will go a mile! Unless of course it's so beat that it just barrel roles.

Eagles and Teebirds are two of the standards many fairways drivers out there today are compared to. An Eagle is a great line carving and forehand disc and when it breaks in, it goes a long way.

A heavier putter is better in the wind. You say your Aviar is used, how used is used? I used to put and drive with a Dart, a nice disc, but too much glide to be predictable. I now putt with a Yeti and drive with a Judge. Putters are unique, it has to feel good in your hand. Aviars are another standard, if they feel good for you, then stay with it and use a new one for putting only so it's flight characteristics don't change on you

Last edited by grotto; 07-19-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:37 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto View Post
If the DX Teebird is going right on you, learn to hyzer flip it, it will go a mile! Unless of course it's so beat that it just barrel roles.

Eagles and Teebirds are two of the standards many fairways drivers out there today are compared to. An Eagle is a great line carving and forehand disc and when it breaks in, it goes a long way.

A heavier putter is better in the wind. You say your Aviar is used, how used is used? I used to put and drive with a Dart, a nice disc, but too much glide to predictable. I now putt with a Yeti and drive with a Judge. Putters are unique, it has to feel good in your hand.
So I should probably replace my forearm throws with an Eagle instead of a Boss?

My aviar is used every non-long range putt. Longer and more difficult putts I usually throw with a Dart
Old 07-19-2015, 09:37 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,072 Times in 721 Posts

Throw that boss in the trash.

And katana too "fore" that matter.

Teebird is your new friend until 325'+ on all angles if you want form to improve.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post

Teebird is your new friend until 325'+ on all angles if you want form to improve.
What he said!

Learn to forehand your Teebird, Mako and Dart first.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:44 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post

I'll do this! Thanks alot

How important do you guys think getting a leopard/ eagle x and a heavier putter is? Also what plastics on those?
Old 07-19-2015, 09:44 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,072 Times in 721 Posts

Yup. A dx tb will hold a hyzer, straight hyzer flip or anny and handle any FH throws well so no reason to not just keep working it. Once you start breaking 300' regularly you might find a slightly faster or premium plastic disc works better for OS stuff.

Leopard and eagle are pointless until you understand throwing angles really. No need for heavy putter just learn to throw it like the TB.

Eagle would be a tb hyzer shot and leo a slight anny or eventually hyzer flip.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 07-19-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
I'll do this! Thanks alot

How important do you guys think getting a leopard/ eagle x and a heavier putter is? Also what plastics on those?
If you want to buy a few discs, nothing wrong with a DX Eagle, DX or some base plastic for the putter and Pro for the Leopard. The Leopard is another good disc to learn throwing forehands with, you'll be amazed at the lines a fore-handed Leopard can carve in the woods once you get the feel for it..

But you already have what you need to get a good start.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:44 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto View Post
If you want to buy a few discs, nothing wrong with a DX Eagle, DX or some base plastic for the putter and Pro for the Leopard. The Leopard is another good disc to learn throwing forehands with, you'll be amazed at the lines a fore-handed Leopard can carve in the woods once you get the feel for it..

But you already have what you need to get a good start.
So at what point should I start expanding into faster distance drivers? Once I consistently hit 350+ feet fairly accurately with my TeeBird?

Old 07-19-2015, 10:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
So at what point should I start expanding into faster distance drivers? Once I consistently hit 350+ feet fairly accurately with my TeeBird?
Depends on your athletic abilities, you may never reach 350+ with a Teebird.

My opinion, when you can consistently hit 300ft with a Teebird it's worth giving something faster a try. But if you're getting 300ft with the bird, don't get your hopes up thinking your Boss is going to go much further.