#11  
Old 07-19-2015, 09:31 PM
zane2453 zane2453 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 20
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

To everyone that's posted + others

Just went out to a field to throw a few times with a power grip, I actually got around the same distance as I do with my normal throw, so hopefully I can get use to it.

Also my TeeBird throws were alot better then with my old grip. Many times did it go farther then my Tern/ other discs
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-19-2015, 09:34 PM
grotto's Avatar
grotto grotto is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,336
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane2453 View Post
It's a DX teebird

I'm still probably going to use my champion boss for sidearm throws where I have to curve the disk around an object and make it land to the right.. Certain holes at my home course work really well for this

And what's the benefit of getting a heavier putter? Also tell me about the DX Eagle X/ Star Teebird if you could =]
If the DX Teebird is going right on you, learn to hyzer flip it, it will go a mile! Unless of course it's so beat that it just barrel roles.

Eagles and Teebirds are two of the standards many fairways drivers out there today are compared to. An Eagle is a great line carving and forehand disc and when it breaks in, it goes a long way.

A heavier putter is better in the wind. You say your Aviar is used, how used is used? I used to put and drive with a Dart, a nice disc, but too much glide to be predictable. I now putt with a Yeti and drive with a Judge. Putters are unique, it has to feel good in your hand. Aviars are another standard, if they feel good for you, then stay with it and use a new one for putting only so it's flight characteristics don't change on you

Last edited by grotto; 07-19-2015 at 09:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-19-2015, 09:37 PM
zane2453 zane2453 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 20
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto View Post
If the DX Teebird is going right on you, learn to hyzer flip it, it will go a mile! Unless of course it's so beat that it just barrel roles.

Eagles and Teebirds are two of the standards many fairways drivers out there today are compared to. An Eagle is a great line carving and forehand disc and when it breaks in, it goes a long way.

A heavier putter is better in the wind. You say your Aviar is used, how used is used? I used to put and drive with a Dart, a nice disc, but too much glide to predictable. I now putt with a Yeti and drive with a Judge. Putters are unique, it has to feel good in your hand.
So I should probably replace my forearm throws with an Eagle instead of a Boss?

My aviar is used every non-long range putt. Longer and more difficult putts I usually throw with a Dart
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-19-2015, 09:37 PM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
FROLF OFF!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 17,053
Niced 1,072 Times in 721 Posts
Default

Throw that boss in the trash.

And katana too "fore" that matter.

Teebird is your new friend until 325'+ on all angles if you want form to improve.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-19-2015, 09:41 PM
grotto's Avatar
grotto grotto is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,336
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Throw that boss in the trash.

And katana too "fore" that matter.

Teebird is your new friend until 325'+ on all angles if you want form to improve.
What he said!

Learn to forehand your Teebird, Mako and Dart first.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-19-2015, 09:44 PM
zane2453 zane2453 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 20
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Throw that boss in the trash.

And katana too "fore" that matter.

Teebird is your new friend until 325'+ on all angles if you want form to improve.
I'll do this! Thanks alot

How important do you guys think getting a leopard/ eagle x and a heavier putter is? Also what plastics on those?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-19-2015, 09:44 PM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
FROLF OFF!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 17,053
Niced 1,072 Times in 721 Posts
Default

Yup. A dx tb will hold a hyzer, straight hyzer flip or anny and handle any FH throws well so no reason to not just keep working it. Once you start breaking 300' regularly you might find a slightly faster or premium plastic disc works better for OS stuff.

Leopard and eagle are pointless until you understand throwing angles really. No need for heavy putter just learn to throw it like the TB.

Eagle would be a tb hyzer shot and leo a slight anny or eventually hyzer flip.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 07-19-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-19-2015, 09:48 PM
grotto's Avatar
grotto grotto is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,336
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane2453 View Post
I'll do this! Thanks alot

How important do you guys think getting a leopard/ eagle x and a heavier putter is? Also what plastics on those?
If you want to buy a few discs, nothing wrong with a DX Eagle, DX or some base plastic for the putter and Pro for the Leopard. The Leopard is another good disc to learn throwing forehands with, you'll be amazed at the lines a fore-handed Leopard can carve in the woods once you get the feel for it..

But you already have what you need to get a good start.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-19-2015, 10:44 PM
zane2453 zane2453 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 20
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto View Post
If you want to buy a few discs, nothing wrong with a DX Eagle, DX or some base plastic for the putter and Pro for the Leopard. The Leopard is another good disc to learn throwing forehands with, you'll be amazed at the lines a fore-handed Leopard can carve in the woods once you get the feel for it..

But you already have what you need to get a good start.
So at what point should I start expanding into faster distance drivers? Once I consistently hit 350+ feet fairly accurately with my TeeBird?
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 07-19-2015, 10:50 PM
grotto's Avatar
grotto grotto is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,336
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane2453 View Post
So at what point should I start expanding into faster distance drivers? Once I consistently hit 350+ feet fairly accurately with my TeeBird?
Depends on your athletic abilities, you may never reach 350+ with a Teebird.

My opinion, when you can consistently hit 300ft with a Teebird it's worth giving something faster a try. But if you're getting 300ft with the bird, don't get your hopes up thinking your Boss is going to go much further.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intermediate Player Bag Critique MANBURGARLAR Bag Suggestions & Feedback 21 04-01-2018 05:07 AM
Intermediate bag help wmtonos Bag Suggestions & Feedback 0 03-04-2016 10:43 PM
How's this for a (not so good) intermediate player's bag? Lightbringer Bag Suggestions & Feedback 6 09-15-2015 11:34 PM
Novice vs intermediate. JohnEmery Tournaments & Leagues 23 04-20-2012 01:54 PM
Help with bag for intermediate-ish player mitsurugi Bag Suggestions & Feedback 13 09-13-2011 08:57 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.