Old 08-06-2015, 01:54 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Plastic addict

I've been playing for 10 years now. The first 5 years i only used one disc, a 170 star wraith. Then i found a first run buzzz and used that as my putter and approach. Unfortunately I lost my buzz early this summer, decided to purchase a new z buzz and this is when my addiction started. The disc golf mart just had too many options and now I want to try them all.

To help you get the best bag feedback in the shortest period of time possible, the following is a template that can be used to detail the contents of your bag and document other relevant information that is useful for developing suggestions for your plastic arsenal (examples in blue):

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 10 years but very casual until this year.
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH, some OH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Yeti aviar: 200/240'; TI Buzzz: 250/280'; Lace: 310/330'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Optional:
Sex: m
Injuries/handicaps?: Right hip flexer soreness on and off
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball, Football
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Large variety/ too many options sometimes
Specific areas of desired feedback: I want to know where I'm overlapping and what might give me more flight options.
Immediate and long-term goals: Short term i just want to become consistent with what I have in the bag. Long term I want to add distance and accuracy to my throws. Currently I max out just under 400' on my best days but i feel like with a little work to my form I could add some distance. I think I am flat footed when I'm on the tee.

Bag: everything is new within the last 3 months

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
174 gold hex missilen
173 opto hex raketen
156 opto saint (from the used rack, seems very understable compared to the flight ratings I've seen on the disc)
173 xlink m unlace
174 xlink m lace (go to for strait long drives)
174 neutron relay (picked up at the mvp circuit)
175 star destroyer
171 star archon pumpkin stamp
170 champion sidewinder
140 blizzard katana
137 blizzard boss (factory second)

Mids:
168 plasma tangent (also mvp circuit)
176 TI buzzz
178 z buzzz ss
176 big z drone
180 champion mako3 (lazer strait)

Putters:
171 blowfly II (super floppy, great for laying up when there's a possibility of rolling away)
172 yeti pro aviar (current go to putter outside the circle)
171 Gstar aviar
161 dx aviar
174 2015 discraft ace race putter (IMO flies exactly the same as the dx aviar but the plastic is a bit more slippery. I just got it so my opinion my change with time)

Thanks for your feedback.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2015, 08:39 AM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,547 Times in 1,202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatranel View Post
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Yeti aviar: 200/240'; TI Buzzz: 250/280'; Lace: 310/330'

* Max distance is the greatest distance you can throw your top 2-3 drivers with any regularity

Long term I want to add distance and accuracy to my throws. Currently I max out just under 400' on my best days but i feel like with a little work to my form I could add some distance. I think I am flat footed when I'm on the tee.

174 gold hex missilen
173 opto hex raketen
173 xlink m unlace
174 xlink m lace (go to for strait long drives)
175 star destroyer
140 blizzard katana
137 blizzard boss (factory second)

Putters:
171 blowfly II (super floppy, great for laying up when there's a possibility of rolling away)
172 yeti pro aviar (current go to putter outside the circle)
171 Gstar aviar
161 dx aviar
174 2015 discraft ace race putter (IMO flies exactly the same as the dx aviar but the plastic is a bit more slippery. I just got it so my opinion my change with time)
You appear to have good distance, so no issues on the drivers. I would just ask if there is redundancy in the discs quoted above. Are you getting all that much difference between the Missilen, Rakaten, Destroyer, and Boss? Such that you need all four in the bag? If so, that's fine, but just something to consider.

Same with the putters. People use putters for a wide variety of things, so you may well have a purpose for each one you listed. But it's an area you might could make some "either-or" choices...
Old 08-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

What? No Fairway drivers?

You seem off on the plastic addiction train. Way too many discs to actually learn any one of them really well.

As a suggestion, I would take them all out to a field and throw them on every line and find 3 from each category that will cover all you hyzer, straight and turnover shots and stick with them a while until you really learn them. By all means, practice with the rest (you're going to anyway) but, commit yourself to a core bag for a bit.

New plastic isn't going miraculously give you a new game.

Read through this thread for some tips, it might help.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=32790

Yeah, that should flame someone! LOL

Best of luck!

Old 08-06-2015, 11:10 AM
<------ [YOUR AD HERE]

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 220
Niced 110 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto View Post
What? No Fairway drivers?

You seem off on the plastic addiction train. Way too many discs to actually learn any one of them really well.

As a suggestion, I would take them all out to a field and throw them on every line and find 3 from each category that will cover all you hyzer, straight and turnover shots and stick with them a while until you really learn them. By all means, practice with the rest (you're going to anyway) but, commit yourself to a core bag for a bit.

New plastic isn't going miraculously give you a new game.

Read through this thread for some tips, it might help.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=32790

Yeah, that should flame someone! LOL

Best of luck!
Well, OP did say he threw just a wraith for 5 years, so he's probably got that down?