Old 09-05-2015, 11:42 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.8
Niced 543 Times in 245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMonk View Post
...You can get them about anywhere, DX is affordable, and they come a wide array of plastics. What not to like.
This^^^

And I'll add that you can easily get them in any weight. This is important to me since I only throw 150 class

Aviars are the least sexy disc on the market; old, slow, beginner friendly, cheap, common, etc.

But they work really well and I currently have 5 in my bag... and I might add #6 and 7 after I beautify them
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2015, 04:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 934 Times in 448 Posts

I bag a beadless Aviar for long putts and straight upshots.

Great disc.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:42 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 3
Niced 111 Times in 64 Posts

The Aviar is my putter of choice. I have several in DX plastic, one in star plastic, and the one I use in play is a KC-Pro, all 175g. I have never laid my hands on one in Champion plastic, but whenever I see one, I will be buying it.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:21 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,552 Times in 1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWaggoner View Post
He said it was a new thought he has on mcbeths putting style. Honestly I haven't fact checked him. And if a mod wants to move this into a separate thread. Don't wanna pirate this thread.

He said one day he was thinking about it. "How can a spin putter constantly putt at such a high level of consistency?" And he said it's not really plausible. A spin putter has to release at the basket near perfectly every time to make the putt. While a push putter that never deviates from the vertical line can release at many different heights and still hit pole each time, just a bit up or down.

He said there are only three kinds of putters. Spin, push and pitch. A "spush" putter is just a push putter that uses a bit more wrist is what he was pointing out I think. Last sentence is my own, feldy didn't spell it out I inferred it from other things he said.

I'll do some Mcbeast tourny watching and look closer into it.

And maybe we can ask Timg to ask him for a response. I have great conversation recall and I know he said it. If it's true it's another thing.
It is possible for Mr Feldberg to not be wrong either way. First, McBeth might've evolved his style a little bit over time. Second, there may be some semantics, and a gray area of where push and spin putting merge. Third, and similar, McBeth might be doing some push-spin hybrid stroke. Many others, myself included, either consciously or unconsciously do some of both.

Just do what works for you....
Old 09-05-2015, 10:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 21 Times in 17 Posts

I always gravitate towards headless putters. looking back they were all relatively shallow. i think the taller aviar is what is helping me putt so well with it. snagged another mcpro today and man what a great feeling blend on that. i like stiffer putters so i think the mcpro will be my circle putter and a dx for longer runs. plus with the mcpro i can be like mike. or well paul
Old 09-06-2015, 09:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 121 Times in 78 Posts

The Aviar P&A is great. Was the first putter I had and then was replaced by Warlocks (nearly identical mold, but in better plastic) after losing it in a creek. I still have a heavily beat P&A in the bag for jump putts and various upshots.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:40 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,072 Times in 721 Posts

Wut iz this thread?! I never understand how people get sold on a putter helping them make putts. Its not the disc lol.

Conversation recall? Thats real?
Old 09-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 20
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Wut iz this thread?! I never understand how people get sold on a putter helping them make putts. Its not the disc lol.
Sunday morning trolling, Aim?

Maybe, maybe not.

While I had run the gamut looking for the perfect putter and after a lot of practice I've come to the conclusion that I can pretty much putt with anything if I take the time to learn the disc. But, I do putt better with wide rimmed beaded putters due to a cleaner release.

Always liked throwing Aviars, but with no bead, they tend to get caught up in the crease of my finger and I yank them a little too far right.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 21 Times in 17 Posts

Sure anyone can putt with anything. And a stack of putters of all sorts helps to learn mechanics. I've learned a shallow putter doesn't work as well for my style. I went back to the putter that is easiest to find cheapest to get a stack of. It is the disc, weather it's real or in my head I'm sinking putts with this disc right now.

Old 09-06-2015, 10:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 29
Niced 38 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post

Conversation recall? Thats real?
The trick is to breath threw your eyelids.