Old 11-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 204 Times in 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaROCaM View Post
...Have you looked at the portable baskets that break down so the parts fit in the basket, such as the M-14? They take up about the space of a spare tire.
My Hive knock-off fits that bill. 21 lbs, breaks down well, etc. I'm looking for 1 minute setup/take down, super easy transport, and no tools.

Gonna see what Mando's has on the floor to fondle, once due diligence is done...
Sponsored Links

Last edited by PBokor; 11-03-2017 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 19
Niced 905 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
Skil Shot has a smaller target area and catches way better.
It would get my vote.
I should add to this.
The fabric skin on the Skil Shot is going to tear where the metal ribs poke into it. Mine tore a bit the first month I had it, and I received a replacement set from Innova. I did what I could to pad the ends of the ribs, but the replacement set is starting to tear a bit now too. However, I've got an MVP basket in the garage now, so the Skil Shot stays in the bag in the shed in case I ever want to take a basket somewhere.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 37
Niced 317 Times in 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBokor View Post
My Hive knock-off fits that bill. 21 lbs, breaks down well, etc. I'm looking for 1 minute setup/take down, super easy transport, and no tools.

Gonna see what Mando's has on the floor to fondle, once due diligence is done...
I got my Mach Lite from Mando's; they usually have them in stock and one on display. Fairly sure they also have the Traveler and Skillshot (and M-14, though that's not in the running here) there by the windows. You can probably toss some putters into all of them if that helps with the final decision.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:14 PM
Eagle Member

MS, that's the plan. Tom always gets the first look on everything because he supports us a little more than Amazon does.

Willing to pay extra to those who back our sport.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 37
Niced 317 Times in 145 Posts

Absolutely; definitely could get stuff cheaper online, but gotta support the local scene.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 31
Niced 865 Times in 482 Posts

I have a pair of Traveler's. Use one for camping, practice at the beach, picnics, etc. The other I keep in my course's supply closet along with a Skill Shot, and space them out for practice putting at our weekly. Absolutely hate the Skill Shot for practicing. The Skill Shot's tiny target area forces you to hone your aim sure, but unless your practice regimen is undisciplined and loose, you don't need a tiny basket to do that. A piece of colored electrical tape on a regular size basket can hone your aim just as effectively, and you wont have to bend over as much collecting spit outs. The Traveler gets plenty of spit throughs but I get more in the bottom of the "cage" than I do when practicing back toward the Skill Shot.

I'd go with a Mach Lite if you don't need extreme portability. Go with a Skill Shot if you want every putt that doesn't hit the absolute dead center to end up on the ground.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:06 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
...Go with a Skill Shot if you want every putt that doesn't hit the absolute dead center to end up on the ground.
Already have a DD Marksman for that.

When I feel cocky and full of myself, it sets me right quickly.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:29 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17
Courses Played: 41
Niced 498 Times in 285 Posts

I love my mach lite. Modified it and couldn't be happier!

Tucked the chains in an inch or two on all sides to make the target smaller and added a few more chains towards the very center of the basket. A few bucks and an hour at most of my time was well worth it.

Niced: (2)
Old 11-03-2017, 07:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 19
Niced 905 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Howl View Post
I have a pair of Traveler's. Use one for camping, practice at the beach, picnics, etc. The other I keep in my course's supply closet along with a Skill Shot, and space them out for practice putting at our weekly. Absolutely hate the Skill Shot for practicing. The Skill Shot's tiny target area forces you to hone your aim sure, but unless your practice regimen is undisciplined and loose, you don't need a tiny basket to do that. A piece of colored electrical tape on a regular size basket can hone your aim just as effectively, and you wont have to bend over as much collecting spit outs. The Traveler gets plenty of spit throughs but I get more in the bottom of the "cage" than I do when practicing back toward the Skill Shot.

I'd go with a Mach Lite if you don't need extreme portability. Go with a Skill Shot if you want every putt that doesn't hit the absolute dead center to end up on the ground.
How hard are you putting?
The skill shot catches better than some regular course baskets.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:51 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 33
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripEnemy View Post
Tucked the chains in an inch or two on all sides to make the target smaller and added a few more chains towards the very center of the basket.
This is what I did with mine. I really like the target area now and it catches better than when I bought it.