Old 05-19-2018, 03:29 PM

Niced 33 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
.. Actually it reminded me of a faster Destroyer.
I had a 168g DX Ape that felt just like that. It was a huge distance bomb (for a noodle arm). I broke 100m (325ft) first time with that.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2018, 07:36 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 25.8
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 323 Times in 147 Posts

Simon throwing a bliz champ ape: https://youtu.be/AL0tFuR0qMo?t=8m1s

Niced: (2)
Old 12-09-2018, 11:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 539 Times in 427 Posts

Figured I'd revisit this a bit. I threw in the field today and brought out a 157g blizzard Ape. First blizzard Ape I'd ever seen or thrown.

It flew essentially like an Ape should. Thrown flat it would stay flat for a while before dumping left pretty significantly. I was able to torque it hard anny and get a nice, long S curve out of it. Apes seem to do well on anny lines for distance.

Definitely not an overly glidey disc. Top distance with it was right at about 400'. I had to really work to get anything out of this Ape. Good overstable disc and it was reliable. Ended up where I wanted it on every shot.

Blizz Ape: 13, 4, 0, 4. Beefy, but it actually will stay flat for a while before hooking out pretty hard. IMO one of the better long distance true overstable discs on the market. Definitely Innova's longest overstable option.

Easily the beefiest blizzard disc I've ever thrown. Usually blizzard discs are much flippier than their regular counterparts. Not this one.

Last edited by Twmccoy; 12-09-2018 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,081 Times in 1,649 Posts

I have a domeyish 136g bliz ape that's I got pretty much when they first came out. Not really sure how old it is. Definitely before I started throwing mostly an all MVP bag. It is beat to hell and is really fun to throw. It will hold an anhy for a long time before snapping back late at the end. I put it back in my bag when my shoulder issues started because the weight lets me still throw for some kind of distance without having to put much strain on my arm. Makes a surprisingly good roller too.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,081 Times in 1,649 Posts

*Cool story bro alert*

Funny story about that disc. The day I bought it I hit a cubby ace after a weekly dubs on the first time I threw it. The other guys all signed it even though I didn't think it was really necessary. I had it for quite awhile and beat the crap out of it before losing it . At least 3 or 4 months went by. then one night, at a weekly dubs that was at a different course than I lost it at, one of the guys that had signed it found it buried under some leaves...

Come to think of it, I know when I lost it. I had gotten the first run fission photon in the time in between and it was probably a good year older than that. Never started throwing it again when I got it back till last year when I hurt my shoulder. It sat in the box in my trunk for several years.

Niced: (1)