* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 227 Times in 156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I stand corrected on the 888.

The proper result would probably lead to an assault charge, against Player A or the TD or someone, but general approval from everyone else.

Though I'm now wondering why Player B didn't just change his own score.

Because pencil-whipping with your own score earns you a lifetime of suspicion from the disc golf community---but changing someone else's is really beyond the pale. Not to mention the fact that Player A is more likely to notice his own score showing up wrong, than an opponent's.
That's why everything points to this being a kid, it's almost impossible to believe an adult would do this. The one silver lining is the offender did fess up and admit to what he or she did, so that's something.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 07-25-2018, 11:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 48
Niced 694 Times in 484 Posts

B should have been DQ'd based upon the way he spoke to the TD alone.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,104 Times in 1,664 Posts

I dont think they should remove a player's name and score from results if they get DQ'd. Just put a bold DQ where their score would be and for a situation like this, they should have a third 888/999 number to publicly shame the person. Personally I would use 666, it is a number that stands out to people but some would probly think it offensive.

Old 07-31-2018, 02:20 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 2
Niced 316 Times in 236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
I dont think they should remove a player's name and score from results if they get DQ'd. Just put a bold DQ where their score would be and for a situation like this, they should have a third 888/999 number to publicly shame the person. Personally I would use 666, it is a number that stands out to people but some would probly think it offensive.
I like the idea of 666 as a DQ number, because even if it offends some people, they obviously offended a rule in a very strict way, thus this could be a funny way of telling those people to visit the devil.

Niced: (2)
Old 09-26-2018, 09:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 86
Niced 240 Times in 131 Posts

As a post script, the PDGA has taken no disciplinary action against the player who attempted to improve his finish by altering his cardmate's score.This was reported to them back in July when it happened. The player is also still sponsored by Prodigy despite their knowledge of the incident. So maybe that kind of cheating isn't such a big deal after all.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 22
Niced 290 Times in 165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
All this for last cash?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consult20 View Post
That's why everything points to this being a kid, it's almost impossible to believe an adult would do this. The one silver lining is the offender did fess up and admit to what he or she did, so that's something.
So when I read the first quote my thought was
“Have you ever seen anyone weaving through traffic cutting people off before a merge where the net gain is just a couple car lengths in slow moving traffic?”
You may be amazed at the behaviors ‘mature’ adults are capable of.

Really unfortunate the way this turned out. Kinda in the end also sounds like the sort of guy who public shaming doesn’t effect. I’m sure locals already know him and shun him plenty. And just one more brick in his wall.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,543 Times in 1,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doofenshmirtz View Post
As a post script, the PDGA has taken no disciplinary action against the player who attempted to improve his finish by altering his cardmate's score.This was reported to them back in July when it happened. The player is also still sponsored by Prodigy despite their knowledge of the incident. So maybe that kind of cheating isn't such a big deal after all.
Won't take action or hasn't taken action yet? Things like this take time, especially when you consider the disciplinary committee is a volunteer group (meaning it isn't everyone's first priority so they fit things in when they can).

As for the sponsor not taking action, that's not a surprise. Some prefer to wait for official punishments (or at least investigations) before taking action themselves, and some don't really care at all. I know of at least one incident involving a (then) Prodigy player that was not necessarily reported to the PDGA but a couple players took it upon themselves to contact Prodigy directly about the player's behavior and were met with indifference.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 20
Niced 183 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
As for the sponsor not taking action, that's not a surprise. Some prefer to wait for official punishments (or at least investigations) before taking action themselves, and some don't really care at all. I know of at least one incident involving a (then) Prodigy player that was not necessarily reported to the PDGA but a couple players took it upon themselves to contact Prodigy directly about the player's behavior and were met with indifference.
As they should.

I don't particularly care for the way Prodigy positions themselves or the way they've reportedly conducted business over the years. That said, I don't have a problem with them—or any sponsor—not taking action on an accusation made to them "off the record," as it were. Anyone can level an accusation. If the accuser don't deem an incident significant enough to warrant a formal investigation by the designated authorities, there is no reason for anyone, much less a sponsor, to credit the accusation as anything more than gossip.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:32 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 68
Niced 670 Times in 177 Posts

If I recall correctly, I have heard that the vast majority of the people listed on the PDGA's disciplinary list are on there because they owe the PDGA money, not for on-course shenanigans.

I'd like to be wrong. Someone have the figures?

Old 09-28-2018, 07:34 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.2
Courses Played: 144
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,543 Times in 1,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova P View Post
If I recall correctly, I have heard that the vast majority of the people listed on the PDGA's disciplinary list are on there because they owe the PDGA money, not for on-course shenanigans.

I'd like to be wrong. Someone have the figures?
It's true but I don't believe you'll get confirmation as far as the current list goes. Used to be that the disciplinary list included the offense that got each member disciplined. They stopped doing that a few years back, but before they did, I'd estimate that about 90% of the folks on the list were TDs who failed to pay tournament fees.

Even looking at the current list, it would be safe to assume that any of those listed with simple 3+ or 1+ month suspensions, especially the ones that were added to the list in a batch, are those that failed to pay fees. The ones that have longer suspensions and/or probation periods, who were added to the list on a date all their own, are probably behavior/rule infraction type actions.