Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Fusion bag? Especially if you could not buy GB?
Yep! 12 44.44%
No!! How. Could. You? I’m triggered!! 15 55.56%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2018, 02:09 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 544 Times in 463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanDeLaNooch View Post
Okay here goes. This is the first part of my review. I intend to make a first impression review and then add more after a few rounds. I was gonna play this evening but it’s raining In any case I digress......

So I tried to buy a Gorilla Boy bag but they were out of stock and according to Gorilla Boy they didn’t know when they would have the color I wanted (multicam) or second choice (black) in stock due to the lack of available capital for materials. He said he had some bills to pay first. For a guy that wanted a bag that I could sit on and had good storage that was not a good answer. So I did an awful thing and bought the Fusion bag. I know haters will hate. But like I said I needed a bag now not when Gorilla Boy could get around to taking my money.

First impression THIS BAG IS AWESOME!!!!
That’s right I said it. Awesome. Now I have never seen a Gorilla Boy bag (and I’m really wondering if anyone else will either)but the Fusion does appear to be identical to what I saw on the GB website.

The straps of the bag and moveable pads are super nice.
The craftsmanship appears to be excellent very heavy duty
The storage capability is vast and very well thought out.
I have about 18 discs in it right now and other things you need.
The water bottles carriers will hold 40oz hydroflasks no problem.

Best of all the seat!! I’m no small guy. I’m a big boy. I’m 6ft tall 295 pounds. It holds my big body just fine So I have that going for me which is nice.

Too sum up this bag rocks and if GB doesn’t get their business together everyone will be saying Gorilla who? Sooner than later.

Will update after a few rounds so we can see where the rubber meets the road so to speak.

I’m happy to answer questions and ignore haters

Happy discing!!
Well Gorilla Boy does make other bags not just the Simian, though and the smaller ones are well received. It would be nice to see the company make more then just the one Backpack, something that has a seat on it like a built in fordable X type stool with a more traditional shaped disc golf backpack or like the Vertex Angler Backpack but in a disc golf bag. Companies make bags like this for hunting and fishing stools.

It was well before Gorilla Boy made there black Simian bag outside the USA that the Simian was copied. Bag was copied by a person I think from Las Vegas club who sent in a friends Gorilla Boy to a knockoff company in return for 2 bags. He was tired of the wait of 6 months to a year for a Simian. Right now The Simian and knock off are the only bags currently being made that use a seat built into the bag.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2018, 04:56 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 26
Niced 161 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Well Gorilla Boy does make other bags not just the Simian, though and the smaller ones are well received. It would be nice to see the company make more then just the one Backpack, something that has a seat on it like a built in fordable X type stool with a more traditional shaped disc golf backpack or like the Vertex Angler Backpack but in a disc golf bag. Companies make bags like this for hunting and fishing stools.

It was well before Gorilla Boy made there black Simian bag outside the USA that the Simian was copied. Bag was copied by a person I think from Las Vegas club who sent in a friends Gorilla Boy to a knockoff company in return for 2 bags. He was tired of the wait of 6 months to a year for a Simian. Right now The Simian and knock off are the only bags currently being made that use a seat built into the bag.
That is not true. The ridge roller bag has a built in seat and is fantastic. Great build quality and functionality. It also can be bought with a matching pull cart if needed. I have owned the simian and the Ridge and it is a superior bag IMO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ridgeeeeeee-11-e1513058745672.jpg (155.7 KB, 78 views)

Old 09-12-2018, 07:18 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 363 Times in 168 Posts

Out of all of the “stole someone else’s design and are severely impacting the original company’s viability” stories, the Simian Vegas rip-off is by far the worst. I wouldn’t buy a colostomy bag from bagalane, I’d rather soil myself.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 49.3
Courses Played: 47
Niced 391 Times in 171 Posts

I'll buy a colostomy bag from anyone if the quality is there and the price is right. Please stay downwind. Thank you.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.9
Courses Played: 24
Niced 634 Times in 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 1988 View Post
Casey you have posted something about the Vertex Angler Backpack in nearly every thread I have seen you post in.

Please stop. Let threads just be about their own topic.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-18-2018, 11:17 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 23
Niced 35 Times in 18 Posts

Some of you guys keep saying you wouldn’t buy a baglane bag because they copied GB. That’s really kind of a moot point if there is no GB bag to buy wouldn’t you agree? That’s always been my contention with this but I thought I would toss that out there again since colostomy bags are being thrown in now Lol! Don’t hold back man let us hear how you really feel. Bag Lane Fusion Rules!!! What is your preferred colostomy bag by the way? Lol!!
Old 09-18-2018, 11:27 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 23
Niced 35 Times in 18 Posts
Thumbs up Real nice Clark. Real Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
That is not true. The ridge roller bag has a built in seat and is fantastic. Great build quality and functionality. It also can be bought with a matching pull cart if needed. I have owned the simian and the Ridge and it is a superior bag IMO.
That is indeed a sick bag. With the Fusion fully loaded though I would think you could get that bag pretty dang heavy. Guess that’s what the cart is for.

What is the frame made of in the Ridge roller?
Bag Lane Fusion is pvc.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 26
Niced 161 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
That is indeed a sick bag. With the Fusion fully loaded though I would think you could get that bag pretty dang heavy. Guess that’s what the cart is for.

What is the frame made of in the Ridge roller?
Bag Lane Fusion is pvc.
The frame is made of aluminum I believe. It can get a bit heavy fully loaded, but It can also comfortably get 16 in the main plus 5-6 in the middle and 2-3 putters in the top. So it holds far more discs than a simian, not even including the side pockets which each fit 4-5 discs easily. I will say that it is not much heavier than a standard bag if you consider that you would be carrying a bag plus a stool. During competitive rounds a stool or a seat is a must for me, but I always hate fiddling with them. It weighs in around 6.5 lbs, and a normal disc golf bag is anywhere from 3.5-5 lbs. and a stool is close to 1-1.5 lbs.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:39 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 363 Times in 168 Posts

Quote:
Some of you guys keep saying you wouldn’t buy a baglane bag because they copied GB. That’s really kind of a moot point if there is no GB bag to buy wouldn’t you agree? That’s always been my contention with this but I thought I would toss that out there again since colostomy bags are being thrown in now Lol! Don’t hold back man let us hear how you really feel. Bag Lane Fusion Rules!!! What is your preferred colostomy bag by the way? Lol!!

No I would not agree at all. Sometimes it takes effort to maintain integrity- maybe even a shred of patience. Clearly Bagalane doesn’t like to put in effort, but it’s kinda sad when others make excuses for their prolific ripoff scum-of-the-earth thievery, especially in such a small sport.

Funny how good you can make a bag when someone else creates a paint-by-numbers and you spend $0 developing any of it. Lol

Old 09-19-2018, 07:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 163
Niced 141 Times in 85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
Wow, the ridge roller looks sweet! I nearly pulled the trigger on the Simian a few times over the years, but a few negatives (in my book at least) kept me from actually buying one. The biggest issue was the odd horizontal disc storage. Looks like the ridge roller has managed to combine a seat with disc storage that makes sense.

Niced: (1)