#1  
Old 10-14-2018, 05:33 PM
Jbultman Jbultman is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 174
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default Zuca DD EZ cart vs. Zuca DD backpack cart

Love to hear peoples opnions of both. Pros, cons? What are your overall options? Worth it rather than just carrying a backpack? Looking at getting one around Christmas
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-15-2018, 12:10 AM
JNichols's Avatar
JNichols JNichols is offline
Smelling the Shame
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 52
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 576
Niced 82 Times in 47 Posts
Default

In my Personal opinion, If you carry more than 15 discs, or a bunch of other stuff besides just discs, in your bag, ANY cart is worth it. One that has a built in seat, even better. It is AMAZING the amount of energy I feel like I save by pushing/pulling a cart, rather than carrying a bag on my back. It shows in my scores, too. If you can afford to pick up a cart, it is a GREAT investment. I would Personally go with the Backpack Cart over the EZ, just for the Seat, alone. BUT, I have two kids that throw with me, and the seat is a Lifesaver. I use it a ton, too.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:52 AM
Future_Primitive's Avatar
Future_Primitive Future_Primitive is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 117
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,390
Niced 438 Times in 191 Posts
Default

DD Backpack Cart owner here, very happy with my purchase. The seat was well worth the additional money to me. Love the versatility of being able to swap my backpack in/out depending on the course terrain. Quick set up is nice and it takes up roughly the same amount of space as my backpack alone in the car. Definitely saves energy and allows me to play more rounds than when I carry my pack. The on/off, picking up/setting down, every single shot starts to add up throughout the day so having a cart reduces all that extra movement.

Only cons are all the optional items for the cart can add cost quickly. Putter pouch, umbrella holder, new wheels, etc... Putter pouch is a must-have item, others not so much.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Jbultman Jbultman is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 174
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future_Primitive View Post
DD Backpack Cart owner here, very happy with my purchase. The seat was well worth the additional money to me. Love the versatility of being able to swap my backpack in/out depending on the course terrain. Quick set up is nice and it takes up roughly the same amount of space as my backpack alone in the car. Definitely saves energy and allows me to play more rounds than when I carry my pack. The on/off, picking up/setting down, every single shot starts to add up throughout the day so having a cart reduces all that extra movement.

Only cons are all the optional items for the cart can add cost quickly. Putter pouch, umbrella holder, new wheels, etc... Putter pouch is a must-have item, others not so much.
How hard it easy is it to get the backpack in and out? Others have said it is had. Depending on the backpack of course
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2018, 04:25 PM
Future_Primitive's Avatar
Future_Primitive Future_Primitive is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 117
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,390
Niced 438 Times in 191 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbultman View Post
How hard it easy is it to get the backpack in and out? Others have said it is had. Depending on the backpack of course
For me it isn't much of an issue at all. I have the Grip C-series bag (C14-day bag, C15=glow bag) which is the skinniest Grip bag. I believe I also bought the smaller/skinnier EZ Cart before they made the larger one for larger, wider backpack bags.

I find it works best if my water bottle pockets are empty, which is rarely an issue as the cart has water bottle holders that I use instead of the ones in my bag. Pop the seat up and then I insert the Grip in via the top half of the bag first, then I can use the top opening to pull the bag up slightly so the bottom rails clear the bottom support of the cart. Then use my other hand to simply push the lower part of the backpack into place. It fits in there nice and snug and I can tip the cart over and not worry about the bag falling out.

Removing is similar, grab the bag by the zipper front where the discs are held and pull it up and out so the rails clear the cart frame. Need to be a little careful here as there are finger pinch-points and those metals edges aren't very forgiving. Can also use your off hand to steady it from the top/seat opening if needed. Going in or taking it out is a matter of a couple seconds either way so once you get used to it, its very simple and easy to do.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-15-2018, 07:24 PM
art_vandelay's Avatar
art_vandelay art_vandelay is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 98
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 733
Niced 230 Times in 124 Posts
Default

It depends on the bag you have. My dd ranger backpack is a somabitch to get in and out.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-2018, 07:21 PM
Jbultman Jbultman is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 174
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by art_vandelay View Post
It depends on the bag you have. My dd ranger backpack is a somabitch to get in and out.
See that’s one of the ones that I was looking at. That and the commander... looking for some flexibility to use the bag or not
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-16-2018, 08:57 PM
art_vandelay's Avatar
art_vandelay art_vandelay is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 98
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 733
Niced 230 Times in 124 Posts
Default

I don't regret the ranger zuca combo at all really. Both are really nice gear. It's a setup I should be able to use a really long time. It just takes a minute to get the bag in and out and is best done with the bag empty. You have to be careful but it's workable just barely.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-28-2018, 10:51 AM
Radarx's Avatar
Radarx Radarx is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nottingham
Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 57
Posts: 53
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I prefer the EZ cart as I hardly ever sit so to me the seat is just extra added weight to pull and limits your bag type. You can add a portable seat (sold at dynamic disc) to the EZ cart by using an umbrella holder or create your own holder. To me its a more flexible option although more pricey then buying the seat version.
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 12-28-2018, 09:15 PM
Jbultman Jbultman is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 174
Niced 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radarx View Post
I prefer the EZ cart as I hardly ever sit so to me the seat is just extra added weight to pull and limits your bag type. You can add a portable seat (sold at dynamic disc) to the EZ cart by using an umbrella holder or create your own holder. To me its a more flexible option although more pricey then buying the seat version.
Interesting, didn’t think about an umbrella holder as a seat holder... got a picture?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
zuca backpack cart and an all terrain cart AndyGottem The Marketplace 1 09-26-2018 10:30 AM
Zuca/DD backpack cart Smartalex17 The Marketplace 1 02-02-2018 07:29 PM
Clicgear Wheels for Zuca Backpack Cart BryanBowman Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags 2 09-23-2017 12:22 AM
Zuca backpack cart with lat e3 bag? EROPPER Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags 3 06-09-2017 08:36 PM
Zuca backpack cart w/ Grip bag ... Forehand Shiver Bags / Carts / Straps / Tags 11 06-07-2017 07:59 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.