Old 04-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 188
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

In my experience there are only 3 brands worth looking at or purchasing:

1) Revolution - these bags are tanks, ive had mine 3+yrs and if i took a scrub brush to it you would think it is new. and not because of my 'fantastic' caretaking ability....

2) Gorrilla Boy - Not the biggest fan of the designs or look but they are extremely well built. and are on the level with Revo

3) Gateway - its been some years since i last had a chance to inspect one of their newer bags, but the old ones were a notch under Revo and a fraction of the cost. they are well built and constructed.

Fade, Discraft, and Innova bags are junk. ive seen some that last a long time and others that are falling apart in a few months. i think these really depend on how well their taken care of. where as the other 3 dont matter their still tanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2011, 04:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 226
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 192 Times in 105 Posts

Does anyone have info on the Voodoo Karma & Mojo bags?? I'm not on Facebook and sent an email but no response. Just want to know what they cost & how to order. PM if you'd like.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 77
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridZombiw View Post
i am thinking of getting a new bag once i get a few more new discs. I want to know more about the voodoo mojo bag. I am looking for a bag that would hold more then the innova stanard and could store extra water and so on. I am thinking of a 10-15 disc bag with good storage and so forth.
If you have the coin a Gorilla Boy Silverback is a remarkable bag. It has 2 insulated drink holders and 3 storage pockets that can hold 2 32oz gatorades or 4 longnecks or 6ish 12oz cans. I have a chimp that only has 1 drink holder and 1 big pocket but it also has 1 smaller pocket that is big enough for a 32oz gatorade.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange View Post
If you have the coin a Gorilla Boy Silverback is a remarkable bag. It has 2 insulated drink holders and 3 storage pockets that can hold 2 32oz gatorades or 4 longnecks or 6ish 12oz cans. I have a chimp that only has 1 drink holder and 1 big pocket but it also has 1 smaller pocket that is big enough for a 32oz gatorade.
ill give this bag a look into, sounds quite suited for just about anything needed to be stored
Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 201
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Lets be honest. An 'insulated' drink holder that is open on the top, and has a grommet on the bottom works just like a non-insulated cup holder. I am sure Gorilla Boy bags are very nice, but that is a pretty lame selling point. How about we stick with they are made by hand in the good ole USA, and will last a long time??
Old 04-19-2011, 08:49 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 77
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
Lets be honest. An 'insulated' drink holder that is open on the top, and has a grommet on the bottom works just like a non-insulated cup holder. I am sure Gorilla Boy bags are very nice, but that is a pretty lame selling point. How about we stick with they are made by hand in the good ole USA, and will last a long time??
Having had bags without the insulated and having the ones on the gorilla boys, there is a difference. I played a tourny last Sunday and the temps were in the 80's, at the end of the second round the gatorade I had in from round one was still cool while other peoples drinks were warm. Take it for what its worth but it is a definite upgrade over what base line innova and fade bags have.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 26
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Get a mahal if you have the funds. It carries like a grip bag, has the storage of a small car and does not look like a toad sack of buttholes. The zippers are waterproof, the thing sheds water like no bag I've ever seen and has a LIFETIME warranty.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 6
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

i can think of how insulation can really be a good thing especially when playing where temps reach 110+ in the summers for me. My innova standard does not keep water cool for long.