Old 12-13-2018, 03:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 534 Times in 423 Posts

If I do a disc write up I definitely state how far I'm throwing it. I'll also usually state how hard I'm throwing it (%) and at what angle (flat, anny, hyzer). I'll also mention if I'm throwing the disc in wind.

You want to get an idea how far someone's throwing a certain disc when you read their review. Last thing I want to read is someone saying a Thunderbird is super overstable, but they max out at 275'.

I will readily agree there are a ton of variables to consider when writing a disc review, and when reading other peoples' reviews. When I write a review I try to be as descriptive as possible.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-13-2018, 10:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 110 Times in 71 Posts

Just dont trust the newbies, or BrotherDave or ThreePutt, or ....
Old 12-15-2018, 03:20 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,530 Times in 1,189 Posts

Most people who post reviews are generally going to post positive ones, as they'll be more interested in sharing a good find than a bad one. So yeah, you see Infinite Discs's review ratings in the 4 and 5s. I can't remember seeing an average review rating lower than the upper 3s. The "perfect" review with distances and all would be great, but I just appreciate them taking the time to contribute.

To me, the value of reviews comes in the accumulation of them: it'll become apparent if a mold is good or bad or in between as people discuss how it works for them, regardless of their individual abilities or distances.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 534 Times in 423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Most people who post reviews are generally going to post positive ones, as they'll be more interested in sharing a good find than a bad one. So yeah, you see Infinite Discs's review ratings in the 4 and 5s. I can't remember seeing an average review rating lower than the upper 3s. The "perfect" review with distances and all would be great, but I just appreciate them taking the time to contribute.

To me, the value of reviews comes in the accumulation of them: it'll become apparent if a mold is good or bad or in between as people discuss how it works for them, regardless of their individual abilities or distances.
I agree. However, if I find that a disc is a real loser I'll state as such in a review. I hate to sound negative all the time when reviewing discs, but sometimes a disc flies so poorly its worth telling others about.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:07 PM
I Don't Actually Disc Golf

Courses Played: 8
Niced 1,530 Times in 1,189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
I agree. However, if I find that a disc is a real loser I'll state as such in a review. I hate to sound negative all the time when reviewing discs, but sometimes a disc flies so poorly its worth telling others about.
True, and I've given a few candidly negative reviews as well. Of course, in my post above I was speaking more in general...