Old 02-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 268 Times in 133 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowaEnvy View Post
Herbology and essential oils are expensive.. .

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2019, 06:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.9
Courses Played: 126
Niced 33 Times in 18 Posts

I don't understand this permission thing. My wife assumes I'l be playing as much as possible. They only question is whether or not I'll be home for supper.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-05-2019, 06:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 5
Niced 372 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanguini View Post
There's a manicure set and massage table here barely used and some crystals showed up yesterday for what is now the third course underway.. Haha it's interesting though
Old 02-06-2019, 03:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 504 Times in 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger45 View Post
I don't understand this permission thing. My wife assumes I'l be playing as much as possible. They only question is whether or not I'll be home for supper.
We lead very different lives.

In all seriousness, it probably just comes down to what sort of interaction works well for a couple. My wife and I have very interwoven schedules and lifestyles. Most things we do, we do together. Running and disc golf are my two necessary escapes from that because some space is necessary, but even then, she usually knows when I'm running or disc golfing. We generally know what the other one is up to.

That might not work for everyone, but it works pretty well for us and our relationship. Everything is communicated, which is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than the relationship my parents have. They are spending money and making decisions behind each others' back all the time. My dad will casually drop several hundred dollars for a race car part without telling my mom. Mom will spend the same on clothes or a puppy or something. Lots failures to communicate. Drove me crazy growing up and still does. I have consciously decided that my marriage won't look like theirs, so I'm happy to over-communicate with my wife.

Sometimes this over-communication looks a little bit like asking for permission, therefore I can joke about it. She could make a similar joke about money. My wife is extremely thrifty (which I love her for), sometimes to her detriment. She rarely will buy anything without asking me first. 99.9% of the time I encourage her to buy whatever it is because Lord knows I spend more than enough money on discs I don't need.

Anyway, long way of saying different strokes for different folks. I'm glad that communicating minimally about the details of your disc golf playing works well for you and yours.

Old 02-08-2019, 07:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.1
Courses Played: 214
Niced 321 Times in 163 Posts

Getting the wife's permission to frolf is checkers.

Patiently teaching her how to throw and nurturing her abilities over multiple years until she's as enthusiastic about disc golf as youself, that's chess.

Think chess, not checkers

Old 02-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.5
Courses Played: 5
Niced 372 Times in 263 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post

Patiently teaching her how to throw and nurturing her abilities over multiple years until she's as enthusiastic about disc golf as youself, that's chess.

You know I tried that... there's a starter bag downstairs with good stuff in it.... Never really worked out she started Disc golf for ladies on Thursdays and gave it up haha..the group still meets up. She has a busted shoulder and ankle so I don't blame her.

It's not the worst thing, in fact it works out I like my alone time.. I'd rather hang out with different people, ya know. It's not usually a problem but is a bit of an issue when I work 6 days a week and go discing on the 7th though.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:31 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 25
Niced 504 Times in 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post

Tried that for a little bit. As long as we played an open 9 holer we had a chance. She hated hitting trees and taking 5 shots for every one of my drives, so short and open was the way to go.

Her form started to get better once she stopped throwing nose up. We were making progress until she grip locked my favorite old S-TB into Lake Michigan. I tried my best not to be upset, but there was no hiding at least a little disappointment about losing my favorite disc. Totally my fault, never should have let her throw that one in sight of water.

She won’t try disc golf now. That one bad experience killed it for her forever. She is also not athletically inclined or patient, so it was a long shot anyway.

Old 02-09-2019, 10:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 82
Niced 110 Times in 71 Posts

I realized after several failed attempts to get my wife to play 8n tournaments with me, that competitive disc golf was not my wife's jam. She just wants to spend a nice afternoon with me. If its disc cool, if it's a movie fine, if its wine and painting great. The key was, no matter what we were doing it wasn't about being competitive, it was about enjoying our time together.

I dont need permission, but I ask anyway.

I can stay out all day if I like, but I don't. I know that her time with me is valuable, and i value her.

I can hangout the boys anytime i want, just like she can hangout with the ladies, but we always inform each other. Not because we are paranoid ,but because I worry about her.

She knows that if asked, I would give up disc for her. I also know she will never ask bc she would never take away something I love.

Not every relationship is like this. It took me a second marriage to figure it out.