Old 02-13-2019, 02:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 34 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexplz View Post
Question for seasoned Wasp folk - my last round I found my Z Wasp to stay shockingly straight on decently powered shots. I'm talking flat shots at like maybe 275' of power, this Wasp was gliding like crazy, not flipping at all, but the fade came late and was mellow.

I mean... they were beautiful shots, but plastered trees on the right when I anticipated more of an early fade/glide out. Keep in mind, we're talking 8/10+ max weight Z Wasp here... I have one in reserve that is similar but flatter or with less of a shoulder; I'm going to try bagging that one for a bit, as I need more of a S/OS midrange shot and less of a stable Buzzz shot here.

Thoughts? I always thought of the Wasp as like, beefy.
They're really just rocs in premium plastic (think better Roc3).
Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2019, 02:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 161
Niced 1,251 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Question for seasoned Wasp folk - my last round I found my Z Wasp to stay shockingly straight on decently powered shots. I'm talking flat shots at like maybe 275' of power, this Wasp was gliding like crazy, not flipping at all, but the fade came late and was mellow.

I mean... they were beautiful shots, but plastered trees on the right when I anticipated more of an early fade/glide out. Keep in mind, we're talking 8/10+ max weight Z Wasp here... I have one in reserve that is similar but flatter or with less of a shoulder; I'm going to try bagging that one for a bit, as I need more of a S/OS midrange shot and less of a stable Buzzz shot here.

i have bagged a seasoned z wasp that flies like a fresh buzz does but flies better than the buzz does how does that work
Old 02-13-2019, 03:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 68 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:

To me the Buzzz has always been a workable midrange, it'll hold pretty much any line you put it on. The Wasp however is just straight with a predictable fade on more powerful throws. I put mine back in my bag after seeing Nate Doss throw his and seeing how straight and far he was working them.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-13-2019, 05:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,072 Times in 1,645 Posts

Quote:

Flat Wasps are better. The domeyish ones are weird.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 82
Niced 110 Times in 71 Posts

Depending on the runs, I have had this experience with some fresher wasps. They were probably from runs 2yrs ago or so. They were slightly gummier than the regular Z. Very straight with slight fade. Great for lasers or sweeping hyzer, but not a regular wasp.

The ledgestone ESPs from a few years ago, now those are beef.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 156 Times in 92 Posts

I like the Wasp but the Les White Bee stamped Buzzzs from Ledgestone kicked them out of the bag. Same flight but better feel in the hand.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:36 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 543 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Flat Wasps are better. The domeyish ones are weird.
Unless one is using the old Elite X or X Wasps as those can work with the small dome. The Z Wasp with even a small dome does not work well and the majority I have seen in stores are the ones with small dome. One would have to flat top the disc but it would only then be about 90% right in flight as one can't fully fix a mold up issue. In Pro D because it was Stiff Pro D the Wasp was mini domed but lost dome the older the disc got then became flat topped.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:23 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.8
Courses Played: 16
Niced 99 Times in 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw80550 View Post
The ledgestone ESPs from a few years ago, now those are beef.
Are you talking about the 2015 Ledgstone ESPs with the big Discraft bar stamp?

If so, I have a stack of 6 of them and they are fantastic. Remind me a lot of that first batch of Raspberry Tis. Gummy and grippy. Flat. Beefy. Pairs incredibly well with my old, seasoned pearlies.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-14-2019, 09:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 161
Niced 1,251 Times in 763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkosk View Post
Are you talking about the 2015 Ledgstone ESPs with the big Discraft bar stamp?

If so, I have a stack of 6 of them and they are fantastic. Remind me a lot of that first batch of Raspberry Tis. Gummy and grippy. Flat. Beefy. Pairs incredibly well with my old, seasoned pearlies.
yeah maybe all these fair weather fans and band wagon jumpers will boost the prices on my stock piles of rare wasps

Old 02-14-2019, 01:30 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 20
Niced 68 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
yeah maybe all these fair weather fans and band wagon jumpers will boost the prices on my stock piles of rare wasps
They will. Luna's on eBay going for $25+ a disc, local shop sells them for $16.99.