Old 03-05-2018, 01:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.2
Courses Played: 151
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,970 Times in 1,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
I was watching live coverage for that shot and Terry commented on Ricky trying to decide which shot to throw because of the tree obstacle. It seems like he spent some time to figure out whether he wanted to go left or right of the tree before committing to a shot. He did not rapid fire this one like usual.
https://youtu.be/tRe4drECR6M?t=2h20m11s The link will take you right to the point where KJ's approach lands (catch cam view). JohnE throws next and we see his disc land at 2:20:23. The camera pans back and zooms in on Ricky as he prepares to throw (still catch cam). His wind-up starts at 2:20:46. That's 23 seconds, at least, between JohnE's throw and Ricky's throw.

Even better, at the moment of the throw, the camera has JohnE and Jennifer in the frame with Ricky. Doesn't look like JohnE was "busy" when Rick threw a full 20-25 seconds after he did.

I'll re-iterate, as unfortunate as it is that JohnE and KJ either didn't see or didn't want to second the call, the absolute worst part about this whole thing is that Ricky had the best vantage point and still refused to acknowledge it.

If he admitted he missed the mark and tried to claim he couldn't second the call (because of the old rule), I might buy that and let him slide. But he flat out refused to acknowledge the fault. You'd think the fact that he had to take a step forward to pick up his mini would be a pretty damn big clue that he didn't plant within a foot of it. Disgraceful, in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg footfaultgate-1.jpg (100.7 KB, 213 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2018, 01:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
I throw very few forehands. But a question to those who do, when would you not get your stance on the lie before throwing a no run-up forehand? Per the rules, the group can't really call a foot fault until the player throws. But it would seem other players should have enough time to observe bad foot placement on a pending stand and deliver forehand throw and be ready to call it or perhaps even advise the player before throwing like we sometimes do in the woods when a player needs help to make sure their foot placement is aligned properly.
Irrelevant as Ricky ran up into this particular throw. Here's the replay from the throw cam on the live coverage.

https://youtu.be/tRe4drECR6M?t=2h25m20s
Old 03-05-2018, 01:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.8
Courses Played: 216
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 354 Times in 184 Posts

I believe KJ and JohnE didn't see it. KJ was back and left, probably didn't have a clear view. JohnE was having a rough round so he was probably lost in his head not really paying attention to what Ricky was doing. I don't think JohnE was picking any favorites - he's not that type of player. He's incredibly competitive and I don't think he sees anyone as being on his team. He's out there to win, and if he does see a violation I feel he's the type of player that would call it.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-05-2018, 01:53 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30.9
Courses Played: 702
Niced 1,807 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Irrelevant as Ricky ran up into this particular throw. Here's the replay from the throw cam on the live coverage.

https://youtu.be/tRe4drECR6M?t=2h25m20s
Not irrelevant but related. The thing is forehand throws even with run-up don't seem to have the follow though typical of fairway backhands where the player follows through with their off foot rotating past the marker and their plant foot many times lifting up at the end of the follow through. That sometimes makes it tougher to see evidence after the throw is over. Ricky's plant foot was in the same spot for the full time of his throwing release and at the end which would seem to be common for forehands even with a run-up.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Not irrelevant but related. The thing is forehand throws even with run-up don't seem to have the follow though typical of fairway backhands where the player follows through with their off foot rotating past the marker and their plant foot many times lifting up at the end of the follow through. That sometimes makes it tougher to see evidence after the throw is over. Ricky's plant foot was in the same spot for the full time of his throwing release and at the end which would seem to be common for forehands even with a run-up.
Yes. That point has been made a few times that his plant foot didn't move after the throw. In fact, Nikko made the call and started walking toward Ricky to point out the fault while Ricky was still standing in the exact same position he'd threw from. I think Nikko's best argument would have been to ask Rick not to move and have everyone look at his foot and the marker disc. Even without seeing the throw itself, it wouldn't have been difficult for JohnE or KJ or Ricky himself to observe his feet and the marker and conclude that Nikko had made the correct call and seconded it.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:24 PM
I'm With Her

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,303 Times in 1,695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
I don't think JohnE was picking any favorites - he's not that type of player. He's incredibly competitive and I don't think he sees anyone as being on his team. He's out there to win, and if he does see a violation I feel he's the type of player that would call it.
He didn't last year. And while one might understand the no-call last year, it's starting to be multiple instances and a trail of doing these things (no-calls).
Old 03-05-2018, 02:27 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 71
Niced 150 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
https://youtu.be/tRe4drECR6M?t=2h20m11s The link will take you right to the point where KJ's approach lands (catch cam view). JohnE throws next and we see his disc land at 2:20:23. The camera pans back and zooms in on Ricky as he prepares to throw (still catch cam). His wind-up starts at 2:20:46. That's 23 seconds, at least, between JohnE's throw and Ricky's throw.

Even better, at the moment of the throw, the camera has JohnE and Jennifer in the frame with Ricky. Doesn't look like JohnE was "busy" when Rick threw a full 20-25 seconds after he did.

I'll re-iterate, as unfortunate as it is that JohnE and KJ either didn't see or didn't want to second the call, the absolute worst part about this whole thing is that Ricky had the best vantage point and still refused to acknowledge it.

If he admitted he missed the mark and tried to claim he couldn't second the call (because of the old rule), I might buy that and let him slide. But he flat out refused to acknowledge the fault. You'd think the fact that he had to take a step forward to pick up his mini would be a pretty damn big clue that he didn't plant within a foot of it. Disgraceful, in my opinion.
I don't think it's fair to expect any player to second a call against themselves.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:31 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,198 Times in 609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamis View Post
I don't think it's fair to expect any player to second a call against themselves.
Wow. Have we no honor?

Old 03-05-2018, 02:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 22
Niced 1,719 Times in 751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets View Post
Ricky is #notmyworldchamp
I'll second it!

He knew he FF, and tried to pick up and move on as quick as possible.

Just another Lat64 pro I'll root against.

Boo Ricky, Boo

Old 03-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 71
Niced 150 Times in 83 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
Wow. Have we no honor?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7XVcqZodAM

Niced: (1)