Old 06-30-2015, 07:21 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Which Trilogy Putter Q

I'm looking to replace my Anode with a Trilogy putter. I'm a push putter looking for something to get me a bit more distance on my putts. I realize it's 90% technique/arm (I'm working on the technique part) but want all the help I can get from the disk.

Thinking of: Judge, Macana, Dagger, or Mercy. I have a Harp for: wind, approach shots, and driving. The new putter would be mainly for putting.

Any thought to which I should try first? Why? What plastic?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2015, 07:29 PM
just practicing

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 91 Times in 21 Posts

I switched from anodes to judges...never went back. I got em just a bit after they first released and it was love at first touch. I prefer a firm feel, so I went classic. I knew right away that they were gonna be big. It's just a good disc. Lots of glide, straight and stable, low profile gives a clean release, bead for longevity.

I hope you find what you're looking for man. Connecting with a putter will really improve your game.

Last edited by Titanic_Sinks; 06-30-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:30 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

im using a soft judge and soft harp for putting duties, driving wise, a vip harp and a classic blend judge. judges have the ability to hang in the air, whereas the harps are a point and shoot disc for me.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 165
Niced 1,226 Times in 610 Posts

You are asking the wrong question.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:44 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 54
Niced 15 Times in 12 Posts

Judge, pure, or macana, depending on what you like. Shallow-ish beadless, pure. Shallow-ish beaded, judge. Deeper beaded, macana. The macana is pretty much a wizard clone.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 12
Niced 102 Times in 68 Posts

I've never heard a bad thing about the Judge. So i went to the shop to get a few and try them out. When I picked one off the shelf I was shocked how poorly it fit my hand. Obviously only a personal experience, but it was the one putter I wanted to love. That being said, wizards I love but they dont feel THAT comfortable in my hand. Ive been putting with an Anode/Ion all this year and have done well, but once I picked up a Shield and an Atom my putting improved even more. Thats when I realized it was the depth that was throwing me off. The deeper rims dont jive with medium sized, callusy, beefy hands. My only issue with the BT Soft Shield is after literally three rounds of JUST putting with it, the rim is already getting chewed up! Maybe some flavor of a pure is what im looking for?
Old 06-30-2015, 10:57 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm leaning towards the judge but will have to give it a feel first I guess. How is the Macana in wind?

I thought the judge was supposed to emulate a wizard. But the Macana does more so?

Davidrboy, what question should I be asking?
Old 06-30-2015, 11:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 50
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemen11 View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm leaning towards the judge but will have to give it a feel first I guess. How is the Macana in wind?

I thought the judge was supposed to emulate a wizard. But the Macana does more so?

Davidrboy, what question should I be asking?
I've heard it before, but having thrown both the judge and wizard really don't have a lot in common. The judge is so much lower profile and less stable that I don't know why those two are ever put in the same conversation. The only thing I see in common with them is the bead.

I think the point davidrboy was trying to make is that if you have putter you like why bother replacing it?
Old 06-30-2015, 11:11 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 33
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougCrawford View Post
Judge, pure, or macana, depending on what you like. Shallow-ish beadless, pure. Shallow-ish beaded, judge. Deeper beaded, macana. The macana is pretty much a wizard clone.
If one is looking for a putter intermediate between a Judge and a Pure, try a Warden. Not as under stable or floaty as a Pure. Judge, Warden, and Pure have similar rim depths. Warden is beedless.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 222 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadair View Post
If one is looking for a putter intermediate between a Judge and a Pure, try a Warden. Not as under stable or floaty as a Pure. Judge, Warden, and Pure have similar rim depths. Warden is beedless.
Just came in to suggest this. It's the closest Trilogy putter to the Anode in terms of feel, as well.