#1  
Old 02-15-2019, 01:53 PM
jmcarriere jmcarriere is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 82
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default Jason's 2019 ITB

Figured I would do one of these to track my bag for the 2019 season and to see if any one has any suggestions.

Years playing 1 year
RHBH thrower with very little RHFH
Distance: P1 175/200, Buzzz 250/280 TL 280/300

Age: 39
Sex: Male
Have had ACL reconstruction 18 years go on my left knee

Bag:
166 Star TL New (Main driver straight with a very slight and controlled finish)
168 400 F5 slightly used ( this could also be my main driver but i use it for my Hyzerflip driver that will also give me a nice s flight when thrown flat)
169 400 F7 new ( turnover driver, gives me a nice controlled turn over thrown with hyzer will give me a nice late turn)
166 Star Teebird New (wanting to like it because everyone recommends it but at this point dont really like it)
170 CD2 Windy driver or when i need more finish then the TL
175 FD3 Utility driver

Mids:
C line MD5 Utility mid
C line MD4 OS Mid
P Line MD 4 OS Mid to see how it beats in
ESP Buzzz Main Mid shorter TL straight to slight fade
Star Mako3 Extremely Straight but will also give me an extremely slow controlled turn over

Putters:
SS Wizard Puttin Putter
P Line P1 Main throwing putter dead straight beating it in to be my understable throwing putter
D Line P3 Throwing putter for when i need some fade beating it in to be my straight throwing putter
S Line P3 to have that fresh P3 flight
ZFLX zone get out of trouble approach disc touch forehands

I know that there is some overlap and need help figuring out where.
Also would like to replace the F5 slot as it is hard to find that weight range in Prodigy
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-15-2019, 02:58 PM
Meillo's Avatar
Meillo Meillo is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ulm, Germany
Years Playing: 3.9
Posts: 627
Niced 352 Times in 218 Posts
Default

Nice to see some P3s. :-) Where did you get that S-Line P3 from? But well, if I need more fade than my D-Line P3s, I use a Zone.

Do you really need a Zone a MD5 and a FD3? I'd say you could easily drop the MD5.

Throw what you like. If you don't like the Teebird (currently) then leave it out. Wait some time, you might come back to it. ;-)

IMO your bag is not bad. I'd say, drop two midranges, one driver and one putter -- it's up to you to decide which. If you need help to decide, play some two or three disc rounds and see if the one throwing putter/midrange/driver you carry cannot fly all those lines you need. Then give the next putter/midrange/driver a go and see for them. To score well, you don't need all those discs, but bagging discs is fun itself, so you might as well just carry and throw all of them. Do whatever is the most fun for you. :-)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-15-2019, 03:08 PM
jmcarriere jmcarriere is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 82
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meillo View Post
Nice to see some P3s. :-) Where did you get that S-Line P3 from? But well, if I need more fade than my D-Line P3s, I use a Zone.

Do you really need a Zone a MD5 and a FD3? I'd say you could easily drop the MD5.

Throw what you like. If you don't like the Teebird (currently) then leave it out. Wait some time, you might come back to it. ;-)

IMO your bag is not bad. I'd say, drop two midranges, one driver and one putter -- it's up to you to decide which. If you need help to decide, play some two or three disc rounds and see if the one throwing putter/midrange/driver you carry cannot fly all those lines you need. Then give the next putter/midrange/driver a go and see for them. To score well, you don't need all those discs, but bagging discs is fun itself, so you might as well just carry and throw all of them. Do whatever is the most fun for you. :-)
Sorry should have said P3x, Yes i could drop the MD5 and could probably drop the P line MD4 when i added the MD4 I actually tested both the MD4 and Buzzz OS but found the MD4 more workable and yes i can drop the Teebird.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-15-2019, 03:35 PM
Meillo's Avatar
Meillo Meillo is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ulm, Germany
Years Playing: 3.9
Posts: 627
Niced 352 Times in 218 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarriere View Post
Sorry should have said P3x
... I knew it! Well, not the worst disc. Not as good as the P3, of course, but ... ;-)

Nevermind. The P3x is alright.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-17-2019, 04:41 PM
SD86 SD86 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,430
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarriere View Post
Bag:
... snip ...

I know that there is some overlap and need help figuring out where.
Also would like to replace the F5 slot as it is hard to find that weight range in Prodigy
Looks like a nice bag. Just some ideas for you to conseeeeder:

That Teebird: you can keep throwing it for relatively OS shots, or you could get a Champion TL that will be more OS than your Star TL, and use the TL for those more-OS shots. If you do keep the Teebird, is it possibly redundant with the CD2? if so, choose one or the other.

Are the TL and F5 redundant to any degree?

Are the Mako3 and F7 redundant to any degree?

Whatever you decide, just keep on chuckin' that plastic...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-17-2019, 06:18 PM
konza_kid's Avatar
konza_kid konza_kid is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Kansas City
Courses Played: 1
Posts: 195
Niced 127 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
If you do keep the Teebird, is it possibly redundant with the CD2? if so, choose one or the other.



Whatever you decide, just keep on chuckin' that plastic...
I agree with these points, I just went through the cd2 vs. teebird decision making progress. They cover very similar lines. Ended up with teebirds, because they are more accurate for my arm speed.

But just keep huking, knowing the discs you have is more important than the discs you have, imho.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:06 PM
jmcarriere jmcarriere is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 82
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
Looks like a nice bag. Just some ideas for you to conseeeeder:

That Teebird: you can keep throwing it for relatively OS shots, or you could get a Champion TL that will be more OS than your Star TL, and use the TL for those more-OS shots. If you do keep the Teebird, is it possibly redundant with the CD2? if so, choose one or the other.

Are the TL and F5 redundant to any degree?

Are the Mako3 and F7 redundant to any degree?

Whatever you decide, just keep on chuckin' that plastic...
For me the CD2 is longer and straighter then the Teebird so if I keep the teebird I dont think it would be redundant at this point.

The TL and F5 are similar but at this time fly completely different lines. My 166 Star Tl is super straight is a slight and controlled finish where my F5 when thrown flat gives me a nice full S flight and is a great hyzerflip disc as the TL beats in I can see where there would be overlap.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-17-2019, 09:28 PM
jmcarriere jmcarriere is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 82
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Played today for the first time in a month
Discs used were

168 400 F5 hyzerflip and shaping shots.
168 star TL straight to slight fade.

168 Z Heat max d

Esp buzzz main mid
Lucid Patrol hyzer flip turnover mid

Luna driving and approach putter
Z Flx zone OS approach

Medium Mercy putting

Is anything missing
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-27-2019, 03:46 PM
SD86 SD86 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Courses Played: 8
Posts: 9,430
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcarriere View Post
Played today for the first time in a month
Discs used were

168 400 F5 hyzerflip and shaping shots.
168 star TL straight to slight fade.

168 Z Heat max d

Esp buzzz main mid
Lucid Patrol hyzer flip turnover mid

Luna driving and approach putter
Z Flx zone OS approach

Medium Mercy putting

Is anything missing
Looks solid. I've become a fan of the Patrol, also.

Only thing I see "missing" is a longer/faster driver, unless the course you're playing doesn't require one...
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 04-20-2019, 11:25 PM
jmcarriere jmcarriere is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 82
Niced 10 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Played my first tournament in MA40 today. Was extremely happy with how I threw my drives and approaches but my putting really stunk.

For the last 3 rounds I have kept track of what I have thrown and how many times

Putting putter: Deputy
Throwing putters:
Luna 53 times
Zone 10 times

Mids:
Patrol 6 times
Buzzz 7 times (esp and pro d)
Wasp 2 times

Drivers:
Patriot 14 times
Rival 6 times
Heat 7 times
Vulture 6 times

Are there any holes with this bag or any over lap
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
elmexdela 2019 ITB elmexdela Bag Suggestions & Feedback 24 12-23-2019 02:38 PM
Herb's 2019 ITB HERB brooks Bag Suggestions & Feedback 77 12-14-2019 11:08 PM
My 2019 ITB Thotograph Bag Suggestions & Feedback 4 02-09-2019 05:14 PM
Jason 2/16/11 24 discs Jasonasseln The Marketplace 8 03-01-2011 11:01 PM
Jason's Deals 12-19 Jasonasseln The Marketplace 1 12-20-2010 10:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.