Old 02-07-2020, 11:58 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 27 Times in 16 Posts

If the envy was a touch over stable for a throwing putter, you may like the Axiom Proxy. Very straight to slight turnover depending on how hard it is thrown.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2020, 04:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 51
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 481 Times in 296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by todvan View Post
If the envy was a touch over stable for a throwing putter, you may like the Axiom Proxy. Very straight to slight turnover depending on how hard it is thrown.
It’s been considered. I think what I want is the stability of the Atom. However, I cannot stand the black rims (I know it’s semantics, but.... shrugs). I tried the Pure, which was a tad too flippy (and maybe my form is a little flawed..). Hoping the Reko is a little more stable but still comfortable in the hand, cuz that is probably the most important thing to me (cannot do deep discs).
Old 02-08-2020, 09:39 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
So the throwing putter slot is still in flux. I think the tomb is maybe a tad more OS than what I am looking for. That and it’s really like a slow mid. Very comparable to the Envy. So.... I just ordered a K1 Reko. Seems like it’s more of a putter, and a little more neutral. I have a little history with the Reko, brief stint. So!.... we will give it a go.
The Tomb has now come out in I-blend (Pro), which I really like in Infinite's discs. The I-blend plastic will wear in slowly, but faster than S-blend. So if the S-blend Tomb is too OS, the I-blend Tomb (which I'm bagging now) might do well for you, especially with time and use.

Otherwise, the Stud is next in line.

Let us know how the K1 Reko works out for you. I like the Reko, but have only tried it in K3 plastic...
Old 02-08-2020, 10:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
The Tomb has now come out in I-blend (Pro), which I really like in Infinite's discs. The I-blend plastic will wear in slowly, but faster than S-blend. So if the S-blend Tomb is too OS, the I-blend Tomb (which I'm bagging now) might do well for you, especially with time and use.

Otherwise, the Stud is next in line.

Let us know how the K1 Reko works out for you. I like the Reko, but have only tried it in K3 plastic...
My understanding is the I Blend is a softer pro. Im not that into soft plastic. The S blend (I have 2) are also too soft, especially when it gets warm. I like the C Blend, seems like it has better grip than traditional Champ. I also like premium plastics for throwing. Only base plastic is the prime Judges. Shrugs.

And I believe the Stud is even more OS, where the Colt is more US. Cheers!
Old 02-09-2020, 02:21 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,378 Times in 1,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
My understanding is the I Blend is a softer pro. Im not that into soft plastic. The S blend (I have 2) are also too soft, especially when it gets warm. I like the C Blend, seems like it has better grip than traditional Champ. I also like premium plastics for throwing. Only base plastic is the prime Judges. Shrugs.

And I believe the Stud is even more OS, where the Colt is more US. Cheers!
I don't like softer plastics, like GStar. But in my experience, I find the I-blend to be plenty firm, and certainly not softer than Pro.

Also, the Stud is not more OS than the Tomb; the Tomb is the more OS disc, while the Stud is between the Tomb and Colt in stability.

Old 02-09-2020, 02:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
I don't like softer plastics, like GStar. But in my experience, I find the I-blend to be plenty firm, and certainly not softer than Pro.

Also, the Stud is not more OS than the Tomb; the Tomb is the more OS disc, while the Stud is between the Tomb and Colt in stability.
Huh, guess that’s what I get for going off flight numbers...