Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 04-28-2013, 10:11 PM

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 133
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Lat 64 Pure vs Innova Yeti Pro Aviar

I used and loved the 3X Yeti I lost but since the 4X came out Im not a fan since its a good bit firmer and more stable than the 3X I lost... same disc but different disc if you know what I mean. I like the Yeti because it has a puddle top and less fade than that of a reg aviar.

But my real goal at starting this thread is that I'm currently trading my bag to a Lat 64 bag and all my drivers are converted over, and I have only one of their mids, fuse for turn overs cuz stable means flippy in swede. And this difference in my yeti has gave me a reason to change putters.

I have an opto pure for short tee shots. but I was thinking about getting some zero but was wondering about durability and if anyone else has already done this change.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Banned

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

it sounds like you've already made up your mind. just buy whichever lat64 putter you like.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 6 Times in 6 Posts

zero isnt durable. dont drive with it. drive with opto.

if you like beaded putters like the yeti, the dd judge maybe a perfect fit. its latitude plastic.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:18 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

forget both and get some soft judges. Has a bead like the avair but smaller feeling rim and flat like a pure. I used to throw ions as my putter and pures as my long putter/short mid disc. Ive ditched them both for the judge. Im using soft for putting and the fuzion plastic for longer putts/short midrange.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:06 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

you can drive with a zero hard pure, but it will break in quickly to a nice turnover/anny upshot disc. I'd say if you're going to get a pure get both a zero hard and an opto. the zero's are board flat while the opto have a slight dome, but it's nothing crazy.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 28
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

The R-Pro Aviar PnA's are very neutral fliers once they get beat in some, if they're not too soft for you. You could try that, but if you are set on Lat64 I would go with a Pure. I switched from Aviars to Pures but not bc of plastic, it was bc I wanted something with a shallow rim.

I don't see myself switching putters again for quite some time. If you like pretty neutral putters the Pure is amazing.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I will also put in a word for the DD judge. I only have a soft for putting, but I will be picking up a firm for driving and approach shots.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:09 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 16
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Another vote for soft DD judges

sounds exactly like what you need
Old 04-29-2013, 04:40 AM
Big Country

Years Playing: 29.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 202 Times in 116 Posts

I'm going to buck the trend here and say get a Zero Hard for putting and an RGL for upshots and short drives. Like others have said, the Zero (or EZE or Grip for that matter) are all super flat and super awesome. The RGL has some dome but has the same clean feeling in the hand. Its super durable and ia actually pretty grippy despite feeling a bit sloth. Cool colors too. I actually use it for most of my putts (prefer the Jokeri for driving) but it drives really well too. Like all Lures, it hits and sticks...very little rollaway with the Pure.

Never having thrown a Yeti Aviar, I cant really compare the flights. But just know (again, as others have said) the Pure is totally beadless (which gives it a really clean feeling in the hand, but that's my preference) so it might feel weird at first. If you gotta have that bead, get a DD Judge. If that's not a concern for you, get the Pure. Its an awesome putter and I credit the Zero Hard with giving me my first two 900-plus rated rounds in a tournament. Don't let the stiffness fool you :the Zero Hard grips those chains like nobodies business.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Niced 8 Times in 8 Posts

Yep. Judge. Fuzion for driving or you can wait on the lucid to come out. Pure is a good putter but it's not a yeti. The judge can be found in a slight puddle top or completely flat with a similar bead and flight. The pure is beadless and basically dead straight. So is the judge but it fades more like a yeti aviar. Pick up a classic soft and classic. Sell the one you don't like on the MP with ease.