Old 10-11-2017, 10:42 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 24
Niced 24 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
Nope, didn't work out for me. It falls with the pd/thunderbird/teebird - I like it but it doesn't fit my game anymore. Also, there isn't much of a sweeter disc than a dx eagle, imo I've been trying to figure out the fairway/control slot since I dropped convicts earlier this year (Flight is great but I think the plastic is garbage, falls off the 'cliff' after so much wear and becomes squirrely flippy) and the eagle is the best fit by a long shot.
Love DX Eagles before they became soft, waxy-feeling, and beat in a lot quicker. I haven't gotten any more DX Eagles because of this.

With that said, has there been a change in the DX plastic where it resembles the older DX?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2017, 09:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 78
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 130 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd 81 View Post
Love DX Eagles before they became soft, waxy-feeling, and beat in a lot quicker. I haven't gotten any more DX Eagles because of this.

With that said, has there been a change in the DX plastic where it resembles the older DX?
the couple I picked up are still kind of soft, but not showing the wear that the waxy dx would after a couple of tree knocks. I'm sure it's a different blend.

the max weight star I picked up - I swear they ran star banshees and stamped them 'Eagle'.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:41 PM

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 16
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
Has Gregg Barsby ever had a tour series disc? He's the first pro that comes to mind when I think Champion Eagle. (I mean, aside from The Champ.)

It would be sick if they made a Barsby tour series CG Champion Eagle.
I actually asked him about this after the USDGC. He got this look on his face and said, (I'll quote to the best of my memory) "Maaaaan, you gotta talk to Innova. Talk to Innova and ask for it. They're gonna do what's best for them and I'm gonna do what's best for me. I'm not like one of their normal [something here that implied that he wasn't the normal clean cut straight edge Innova poster boy]."

It seemed like a sore subject to him. If he doesn't get a tour series disc next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump ship from Innova the first chance he gets.

Other Barsby fact - he apparently once tried out to be the singer for the death metal band The Faceless.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 15
Niced 75 Times in 59 Posts

I’d love a barsby tour eagle. GET TO WORK ON THIS INNOVA! YOU SPONSOR HIM FOR A REASON!!

Why are we yelling?

Old 10-12-2017, 06:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 22
Niced 301 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtydirtybirds View Post
I’d love a barsby tour eagle. GET TO WORK ON THIS INNOVA! YOU SPONSOR HIM FOR A REASON!!

Why are we yelling?
Because that's the only way you can get heard now a days!

I'll buy one. . . . or two!
Old 10-12-2017, 07:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 178 Times in 86 Posts

I'd buy a few for sure!

It would be a bummer if Gregg parted ways with Innova. I know that both pros and companies have their own interests to consider, but Barsby is such an OG in the game and he's been with them for so long...you'd hope they could work something out!

It seems like Gregg has been in the mix quite a bit this year. He was on lead card coverage for a number of rounds/events, plus had that ace on film during the Vibram Open. I wonder what the tipping point/threshold is for Innova to think that a tour series disc is worth it.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:45 PM

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 72
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Interesting hearing about a Barsby eagle. I approached him too and rather than waiting for a tour series I had him make me one out of a stock star stamp. Also, out of nowhere I found a run of champ glow eagle-x. They are embossed so I'm hoping more are on the way!!!

P.s. The CG flies nice! Not nearly as over stable as I imagined!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0785.jpg (143.4 KB, 39 views)

Old 10-12-2017, 08:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 78
Niced 130 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBot View Post
Barsby is such an OG in the game and he's been with them for so long...you'd hope they could work something out!
He hasn't been with them that long though.

He was with L64 for a very brief time, and with Discraft for a really longtime before that (his nickname used to be Buzzzby) I think he's been with innova for 2-3 years maybe?

I will say that he seems quite content with them and he's playing as good as ever, so I hope it does work out for him.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 146 Times in 98 Posts

I thought sexton firebirds from this year were supposed to be like 11 x eagles

True/false

Old 10-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 86
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 63 Times in 30 Posts

I thought for sure I’d have color glows leftover from my tournament Saturday...in actuality I could’ve used another 50 discs or so. Had to cut payout thin on an already thin payout.

Just saying...glow gators were made because of the dgcr outcry. I’d settle for a flatter color glow fd if ELs won’t happen. Sixth run c fd in color glow would make me tingle in certain places.