Old 10-26-2017, 03:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 62 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alobar View Post
Yup, he struggled with consistency and his own high expectations this season. He claimed travel burnout a couple of times, replaced at least part if not all of his bag with new plastic at one point, and just seemed to have trouble finding a disc life/real life balance.

Also, I don't think Eagle is an "all woods" course player - his power game is far more suited to bigger, more open courses.

Not sure if the Aussie open did any permanent mental damage (remember, he played lights out only to be bested by Ricky when he missed his line on a fairly easy shot).

Or, he's just 18. I hope he has a good offseason and figures out a travel schedule that keeps him healthy, because he's fun to watch and talented as hell.
Alsom he and W.R. Jackson were not good friends during Worlds. Did not surprise me one bit that he skipped out.
Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2017, 04:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.9
Courses Played: 2
Niced 499 Times in 322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Alsom he and W.R. Jackson were not good friends during Worlds. Did not surprise me one bit that he skipped out.
I also noticed from perusing his vlogs that he was back and forth between here and Europe a couple of times (I thought anyway). That had to be wearing. It seemed that Discmania wanted him and Simon at events over there?

The Aussie shouldn't have killed his game. Things like that happen. If it did, then he won't reach his full potential until he gets a handle on that aspect of his game. The one thing you have to control in sport is the mental game.

Hope he comes back next year, he and Simon are quite fun to watch.