Sponsored Links

Niced: (3)
Old 09-05-2017, 12:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 222 Times in 108 Posts

Not MINT. Different shade of blue than we have used too.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinum View Post
Sounds like the kind of disc I need to try. Which do you suggest I buy as the best introduction to the mold? I usually prefer champ/pinnacle type plastic, so I was eyeing up some of the Eternals in pink or orange. Just not sure if I should go first run or second run.
I'd honestly recommend any Sublime, 2nd Run Eternal or Purple Apex(2nd). Those fly like we expect. The others have a tick more or less high speed stability. The first run eternals we have left a pretty stable, definitely take a little more juice and some seasoning to get up to speed.

Niced: (3)
Old 09-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Par Member

Niced 100 Times in 57 Posts

Mail Call!!! Photo does not do the Light Blue Sublime justice...a ton of pearl, stamp shifts from yellow-->gold-->bright orange-->bronze..stoked to go test these against the first run here in about an hour..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170905_163548.jpg (117.7 KB, 101 views)
Old 09-05-2017, 07:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 99 Times in 77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsk View Post
Mail Call!!! Photo does not do the Light Blue Sublime justice...a ton of pearl, stamp shifts from yellow-->gold-->bright orange-->bronze..stoked to go test these against the first run here in about an hour..
Report back if you get a chance! I am curious how that light blue sublime flies for you.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 33.6
Courses Played: 245
Niced 53 Times in 33 Posts

Got my 2 orange apex alphas (167, old guy weight) today, hopefully I will be able to throw them (weather dependent) tomorrow............
Old 09-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Par Member

Niced 100 Times in 57 Posts

First impressions of 2nd Run Alphas:

Yellow Apex (172g): Apparently prior to shipping, ZJ drove this disc down to San Antonio, fed it some Bill Miller's and tried to convince this disc that garbage was real BBQ. At least I can't think of any other explanation for why this disc is so pissed off. This is lightning fast out of the hand (just like the first run Apexes) and wants to go left (RHBH) real hard as soon as it loses speed. Every bit as OS as my flat Tyrants but a bit faster and a touch more glide. After 15 or so throws I would put this at 8/5ish/0/2.5-3 (probably closer to 3). Potential for a seriously good utility disc here or at a minimum a wind eating monster of a control driver. You want a mad as hell Thunderbird, then this is for you.

Dark Blue Sublime (172g): This one is interesting and probably right at 8/5/0/2. Not as flat as the Eternals, less dome than the Apex. This wants to go straight for a long time...not right or left, just dead straight for 85% or so of it's flight and then it hooks up with a good bit of attitude to finish to the OS side. This, much like the white apex from the first run, really shines on power hyzers for me. Stay on axis, rip into this thing like a trainee who can't properly make his bed and watch it lock into the line and flat out bomb. 330' pure hyzers should be no problem with this.

Light Blue Sublime (165g): This is pretty rad. A bit of turn but no loss of LSS. 8/5/-0.5/2 would be my guess. The turn is noticeable on a flat release but really is evident if thrown on a hard anny. It doesn't really fight against the anny but doesn't hold for too long either...net result is some very cool, very fast S-turns. There is definitely some long line shot shaping ability with this one, especially for forehand flex lines and BH hyzers that need to flatten just a bit. Flies almost exactly like my seasoned 1st Run Blue Apex. Workhorse potential here as a see a bit of Teebird, a bit of Thundy, a bit of Eagle...just killer out of the box with this one.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-05-2017, 10:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 15
Niced 40 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
That is some good looking plastic. I'll have to give these a try if I ever manage to break my overwhelming Teebird addiction.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 83
Niced 317 Times in 214 Posts

Quote:

Light Blue Sublime (165g): This is pretty rad. A bit of turn but no loss of LSS. 8/5/-0.5/2 would be my guess. The turn is noticeable on a flat release but really is evident if thrown on a hard anny. It doesn't really fight against the anny but doesn't hold for too long either...net result is some very cool, very fast S-turns. There is definitely some long line shot shaping ability with this one, especially for forehand flex lines and BH hyzers that need to flatten just a bit. Flies almost exactly like my seasoned 1st Run Blue Apex. Workhorse potential here as a see a bit of Teebird, a bit of Thundy, a bit of Eagle...just killer out of the box with this one.
I've got the exact same 165g light blue sublime coming in the mail. Now I'm extra excited for it to arrive. That sounds great!

Old 09-06-2017, 12:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Agree with the -.5/2 rating.

The low speed fade is still there, but it can be worked a little more out of the box.

And yeah the Yellow Apex is like the Firebird of Alphas. It's a one off that still has a place. They all fit a gap/line without being bad versions. Pretty happy overall. You won't see us hiding from the fact that colors can fly a little different.

Niced: (1)