Old 03-06-2019, 01:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,275 Times in 1,471 Posts

Yeah you are right with what you're saying that you see...the torso/spine and arm unit all move together. You're still searching for that feel and each of those videos lies on the opposite side of it I think.

In the first video with the weight you are erring on the side of body too soon before arm so the arm just whips alone...but you are set up over the right leg much better than in the last few videos. You should feel constant swing and control of the arm, and like if you flung the weight out it should go straight out on a line waist-high. Your torso and hips stay sideways in a lot of those swings, rather than the hips/pelvis turning back and you letting the rear leg go heel-down, even if you aren't weighting it. Let the hips turn out of the way to turn the torso out of the way to give yourself room to swing. In general it's like you're trying to let the arm and weight fling up, rather than leverage it out and have it end up way up high as a result. I like the two swings from 2:10-2:13 the most in that video I think, and you can see how easy they look. On the set of swings following those, you get the body well ahead of the arm and there's a disconnect to a flingy feeling. I also like the last swing at 2:41...you can see the backswing is over your rear leg and then you move laterally to the front leg, fully extended naturally, and swing together forward with the weight releasing just past your front leg.

In the second video you are spinning, not moving laterally with any weight shift. The arm is moving forward and opening forward before there is any weight on the lead leg. You're also pushing/turning/rotating in front rather than moving laterally and using the right leg to turn you. So although I like how you're trying to stay together from the waist up, the lower body is rotating/shifting very incorrectly and that's making it impossible to transition with a weight shift before any rotation.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2019, 02:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.7
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,287 Times in 1,436 Posts

OLD - your rear knee should be setup right next to front knee. You have some kind of bow out between your knees the vast majority of your swings which separates your center. You aren't really turning your pelvis/shoulder back and forth much. I think feet together drill might do you better.

Riding the Bull - that bull is tossing you around like a rag doll! You are rotating in the same direction you are shifting. You need to shift back and forth without rotating the leading side into the stride direction, or if anything rotating away from the stride direction/lagging behind the rear side driving forward like door frame drill.

SC - "You can't mess this one up"
Old 03-06-2019, 02:05 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 9 Times in 5 Posts

I don't have time to go out today before work, but I did do a quick video in my room. Still trying to keep my upper body together while moving laterally and not spinning with my lower body. Let me know what you see.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13q...7OrQ_wQIHnqIA9
Old 03-06-2019, 03:09 PM
* Ace Member *

You are still spinning while shifting. Your stance is also too staggered when you spread your feet apart. Your front foot needs to land underneath you. You are trying to shift your body over to the left to get on your front leg, instead of just dropping targetward upright on the front leg. I would recommend watching those vids in post #2 agains a few times.

And also these:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...d.php?t=133543
Old 03-06-2019, 11:54 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 9 Times in 5 Posts

Alright so I really hope this one looks different, because it feels a lot different.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dy...durPt_yRJKffsA

I was at work and after reading, specifically trying to fall onto the lead leg, and to not stagger the feet so much, I started doing this in some practice fake swings. I don't know how it looks but it feels like I am staying upright, that I am getting onto the lead leg, and that my arm is moving forward on its own.

This is the first time I have felt the arm move forward effortlessly since around the time of my posts on page 14-15. Except this time I feel like I'm just falling onto the leg instead and taking a huge wide step onto it. What really changed the feel from times previous where I have tried to do this "landing" feeling to the front leg, is that I am much much less staggered in my stance. I can't believe how much moving my back foot forward an inch and a half is making.

I really hope this looks right because it feels right, and very different than what I have been doing, but as always let me know.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,275 Times in 1,471 Posts

Way better sequence and feel once you're on your right leg. Looks way more together.

So now that you've felt that way of unloading the arm, you need to keep that type of intention but change how you are leveraging off of the back leg. Right now you are kind of going up on the rear leg and then dropping down on the right leg. No more pushing into rotation so that is big progress...but the motion you're using right now isn't giving you as much load and power as you can have. You need to keep turning back into the rear hip, think door frame drill, as you are approaching landing on the right leg. I think now that you are feeling how to swing forward and land/balance on the right leg, you should try the door frame drills again to feel how to turn back deeper as you are about to land on the right leg.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:59 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 9 Times in 5 Posts

Alright so I just played around with the DFD and turning my shoulders back more as I'm coming forward, and man did it feel powerful. So powerful in fact that now my elbow hurts a good bit. I think I'm gonna have to be done with the full speed "fake" throws from now on.

Old 03-07-2019, 01:04 AM
* Ace Member *

The rear foot is spinning out/squishing the bug and going over top the front hip. Rear heel/ankle/knee needs to move targetward from the instep. Your CoG still looks behind your front heel when you plant too staggered. You should feel your momentum/CoG going left to right when planting toe to heel - crushing the can. Your momentum is going leftward and crashing into the front side instead of clearing it rightward rotationally. Your feet are not centered underneath you. They are outside of you and pinning you centered between your feet instead of centered on either foot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC-e1NXR6mk&t=158s