Old 03-02-2019, 01:00 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 789 Times in 468 Posts

Based on the quality of the live & post produced coverage, my earlier guess that DGPT / Dodge is running out of money looks to be true. And jeesh....take a breath once in a while, you don't HAVE to talk that much.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 03-02-2019, 06:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,143 Times in 1,417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
Guess I do. Even having read that, I'm not going to expect that from second one of the first broadcast, everything is going to go off without a hitch and be perfect. That's insane and unrealistic. And I pity people who go through life with those kinds of expectations...they're going to be constantly disappointed.
I'm a sideliner on this---I'm not a Jomez fan or a Dodge-hater or a video consumer, in general---but I agree. But it makes me wonder, a bit.....

Why didn't they test run on a smaller event, a B-tier or two, and work the bugs out? Or did they?

Yes, I know there's a cost to that, in time and money. But the established video companies had a big head start. And those companies had the chance to start out on big events, because the bar was low at the time; they were surely going to be better than the 'little or nothing" that preceded them.

Sure seems like a full-scale scrimmage, before the opening day game, would have paid off.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:05 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 64
Niced 141 Times in 69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
I'm a sideliner on this---I'm not a Jomez fan or a Dodge-hater or a video consumer, in general---but I agree. But it makes me wonder, a bit.....

Why didn't they test run on a smaller event, a B-tier or two, and work the bugs out? Or did they?

Yes, I know there's a cost to that, in time and money. But the established video companies had a big head start. And those companies had the chance to start out on big events, because the bar was low at the time; they were surely going to be better than the 'little or nothing" that preceded them.

Sure seems like a full-scale scrimmage, before the opening day game, would have paid off.
This is exactly the point. If you have been buying shoes from a company for two years in a row and when you go to get the third pair they're terrible quality and fall apart the first time you wear them you would be pissed. The same is true here, when you promise to bring it in house and have the same quality but fall flat people notice. In the interview with Cory, Steve says that the camera operators only practice filming disc golf was at local courses with random casual players. Going from that base straight to the Memorial seems like a recipe for failure and expecting different seems a little arrogant.

Niced: (1)
Old 03-02-2019, 08:19 AM
* Ace Member *

It's why you run C- and B-tiers before the PDGA gives you the reins for something bigger.

I'd be terrified running a live show, anyway, sweating all the things that can go wrong. I'd be more terrified debuting it on a big stage.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:51 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 115
Niced 289 Times in 89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt B. View Post
But spelling is worth fighting over. Semantics.
also, "rePHrase"

Niced: (1)
Old 03-02-2019, 08:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 147
Niced 34 Times in 11 Posts

I no shame in me elomentary grammor or speling
Old 03-02-2019, 10:00 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 11 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorseymatt View Post
Also, the graphic they use between holes has Weese and Fajkus' pictures switched.
That was just sad.

Niced: (2)
Old 03-02-2019, 10:01 AM
Independent Operator*

Years Playing: 23.1
Courses Played: 514
Niced 656 Times in 236 Posts

Holy cow! The posters on Reddit are savages compared to DGCR.

But they are very funny savages.

https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/co...dges_downfall/

This caption generator video might have more views and shares than yesterday's DGPT coverage.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 150
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3,409 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorseymatt View Post
Also, the graphic they use between holes has Weese and Fajkus' pictures switched.
Bit nit-picky, no? Seems the kind of error that is likely to happen once in a while when you're rushing to get the videos out in a hurry no matter who is producing the video. I mean, even Jomez makes those kinds of errors. In their video of the final FPO round at Las Vegas, their pre-round player intros had the graphics/photos for Paige Bjerkaas and Eveliina Salonen swapped.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discette View Post
Holy cow! The posters on Reddit are savages compared to DGCR.

But they are very funny savages.

https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/co...dges_downfall/

This caption generator video might have more views and shares than yesterday's DGPT coverage.
Thanks. I have serious doubts about anyone who would go to such trouble. But I sure am glad that he did. That's hilarious. I'm not even a Dodge-hater, and that's hilarious.